Twitterland Summary | Syracusefan.com

Twitterland Summary

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Piecing together various tweets from various people.

Missouri does have an SEC offer and will soon be announcing they are going.

WVU got a B12 offer just today

WVU told the BE at the recent meeting that they are done with the BE

The B12 will go to 12 teams so they can have the championship game. Whether that is adding 2 or 3 is TBD but based on the first tweet above, it will be adding 3. Maybe WVU is also invited there?

The B12 will go to 12 teams so they can have the championship game. Whether that is adding 2 or 3 is TBD but based on the first tweet above, it will be adding 3. Maybe WVU is also invited there?

Please Lord let this be true. Mizzou to SEC, WVU, Cincy and Louisville to Big12. You could also probably swap Air Force with Cincy. Either way BE FB is cooked.

"Please come and join our conference where the current members can't leave fast enough"

I thought Rutgers delivers 21% of all NYC college football fans how can it be possible that the great Scarlet Knights can't be a target of another conference.
These moves destroy USF, UConn, and Rutgers. Conference USA or MAC?

That's as best case scenario as we can get -- lets hope its true

UConn and ND will join the ACC...eventually.

Rutgers to the Big10.

This is far from over.

Yep, UConn and Rutgers twisting in the wind. I remember when SU football was a lot of fun to watch. And UConn and Rutgers weren't a part of it (although we had to play Rutgers anyway). I can't wait to return to those days and wake up from this decade like nightmare.

Yep, best case is Mizzou to SEC, WV/UL/Cincy to B12, USF and RU to CUSA, UConn to MAC in FB only, and SU and Pitt allowed to play ACC in FB 2012 and BBall 2012-13.

Fixed

Mizzou to SEC is bad news for RU. If ND does indeed choose the ACC, RU will get left out. While there might be some interest from the B1G, no F-ing way they add RU and KU vs staying at 12. It will NOT happen. RU needs to be packaged with ND or Texas. They cannot get in on their own. Maybe there is a 1% chance that RU could get in with Mizzou, but if they are already in the SEC that will drop to 0%.

if n.d and uconn does join the acc,will the big ten want to battle for the little few fans left in nyc to just please penn st,better options out there as teams would also like to constrain their travel budgets as much as possible.

besides,the girls are not in nyc,but about an hours drive in horrible traffic

Like I said below, if RU is #13 then who is #14 for the B1G? There is no one left. MD ain't leaving the ACC with ND, a lot of $, and UNC/Duke BBall. Never happen. The only other fit is KU. There is no way in hell the B1G takes RU and KU to get to 14. They will be laughed at.

Mizzou to SEC is bad news for RU. If ND does indeed choose the ACC, RU will get left out. While there might be some interest from the B1G, no F-ing way they add RU and KU vs staying at 12. It will NOT happen. RU needs to be packaged with ND or Texas. They cannot get in on their own. Maybe there is a 1% chance that RU could get in with Mizzou, but if they are already in the SEC that will drop to 0%.

This is correct. Rutgers doesn't go to the B1G as a primary selection. It goes as #14 to supplement an ND invite. There is virtually no other way Rutgers gets a B1G invite. If Mizzou goes to the SEC, the dominoes aren't going to fall favorably for the Girls.

How likely do you guys think it is that ND commits in the next year or so to the ACC or B10?

How likely do you guys think it is that ND commits in the next year or so to the ACC or B10?

Depends if the Big East implodes or not. If the BE implodes, they may be forced to join a conference in order to have a landing spot for their non-football sports. I'm not sure how keen they would be to be in a conference with East Carolina, UCF, Temple etc. At that point, the admins (probably more pro-conference) could probably sell it to their big alums (want to stay independent) that they no longer have any other choice

If Mizzou goes to the SEC, and then WVU, UL and UC go to the Big 12, I think ND announces they are going to the ACC. This all happens in the next week or so.

The ACC has options. They may stick at 15, or add RU or UConn. When push comes to shove, UConn gets added. If the ACC has SU, Pitt, ND and UConn, they capture the NYC market and make the BE irrelevant in the city. SNY, MSG, the Pinstripe Bowl...no one will be interested in being involved with the Big East anymore.

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. And the life of the ebony clock went out with that of the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

Depends on the B1G IMO. The B1G TV contract with ESPN and CG with Fox both run out the same time that ND's contract with NBC runs out. If I am NBC, I throw my money at the B1G for FB and BBall and let ND FB go. There is more programming and money to be made. At that point ND can go to ESPN for FB, or join a conference. I think losing the NBC contract and having the other sports stuck in a Catholic only BE will be enough to force their hand.

If Mizzou goes to the SEC, and then WVU, UL and UC go to the Big 12, I think ND announces they are going to the ACC. This all happens in the next week or so.
Tom - you really think ND caves as soon as next week? Not that it's impossible. I just figure they will keep everyone waiting and waiting...because they can.

Tom - you really think ND caves as soon as next week? Not that it's impossible. I just figure they will keep everyone waiting and waiting...because they can.

I could see ND coming the same year as SU/Pitt in BBall (whenever the BE lets us go). However in FB I think they stay Indy until NBC runs out. So 2016 is the first in the ACC FB. They could announce both sports soon, but won't join right away for FB.

You are all assuming that the SEC doesn't raid one ACC team (Clemson). If they do, it will open the door for Rutgers.

Depends if the Big East implodes or not. If the BE implodes, they may be forced to join a conference in order to have a landing spot for their non-football sports. I'm not sure how keen they would be to be in a conference with East Carolina, UCF, Temple etc. At that point, the admins (probably more pro-conference) could probably sell it to their big alums (want to stay independent) that they no longer have any other choice

If the Big East blows apart in the next week or so, Notre Dame would probably prefer the hoops only schools to break away from the Big East football schools. But if today's rumors are to be believed, it sounds like the Providence gang turned their venom on Notre Dame yesterday. This will be really interesting. I just don't see ND being forced into either conference at this time. They've got several years left on their contract with NBC and the BCS system stays in place through 2013. Notre Dame doesn't have to do anything until 2013 at the earliest. Right now, they're just scouting for position.

You are all assuming that the SEC doesn't raid one ACC team (Clemson). If they do, it will open the door for Rutgers.

UConn will get in before Rutgers. The ACC cares about quality basketball.

when this is done, im going to pat myself on the back :cool:

mizzou goes. SEC is done.
bevo9 now goes to 12 with wv, lville and cincy.
bevo12 is done.
bigeast is DONE.

nd is then up.

and i cant stress this enough, they go alone to the b1g or with rutgers to either the b1g or the ACC.

now matter the way, storz is LEFT OUT.

14 is the new 9, 10, 11, 12 and never to be seen 16.

the ACC will be better off staying at 14, no matter the scenario for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom