Tyler Ennis / Lakers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis / Lakers

Ennis has been on 4 different teams already, for his career he is avg 4.2 ppg and 1.9 apg, his career is far from over, but as of now what would you call his Nba career so far?

Successful. Getting paid, and doesn't have to beat up his body every year. Will have a nice long career as a backup PG in the league, and make plenty of money.

Almost like a backup QB in the NFL. Smart enough to run a team when needed, get paid, and don't beat up your body so you can enjoy retirement. I think he has it pretty damn well, and has worked himself into a great spot.

He'd be a starting point guard in The League making Dion Waiters money if he stayed until this year. That's literally the only possible outcome had h waited.

Tyler and Mal it's way too early. As long as Tyler can spread the court, with his size, he'll probably be around for a while.
Plus, he brings a certain balance to the roster.

Successful. Getting paid, and doesn't have to beat up his body every year. Will have a nice long career as a backup PG in the league, and make plenty of money.

Almost like a backup QB in the NFL. Smart enough to run a team when needed, get paid, and don't beat up your body so you can enjoy retirement. I think he has it pretty damn well, and has worked himself into a great spot.

He has a 1 year minimum deal with a 1 yr team option.

That literally is as bad as it gets considering still being in the NBA. There is no debating that that is the worst contract an NBA player can get. It is actually a fact.

He'd be a starting point guard in The League making Dion Waiters money if he stayed until this year. That's literally the only possible outcome had h waited.

Honest question. Have you seen or heard 1 person who in the last 12 months has said he should have stayed?

I'll assume no. Why post this?

Why do you think I am calling their careers unsuccessful? I AM NOT CALLING THEIR CAREERS UNSUCCESSFUL. not even Tyler Ennis.
what is the point? who cares about the time it takes to become successful?

That literally is as bad as it gets considering still being in the NBA. There is no debating that that is the worst contract an NBA player can get. It is actually a fact.

The worst contract in the NBA is still a success to me. But, just me talking.

The worst contract in the NBA is still a success to me. But, just me talking.

I don't think when Tyler was thinking about left early he was saying to himself, let me get the worst contract in the Nba.

I don't think when Tyler was thinking about left early he was saying to himself, let me get the worst contract in the Nba.

Pretty sure he was thinking, I have to work hard to stay in the NBA. He's still there with money in the bank, and an opportunity to be there many more years. I doubt he's thinking about how he has the worst possible contract. He does have a one year option, so I'm not sure it's the worst. Maybe, I don't care.

I get where ATL is coming from. So nothing against you, ATL. Know you're just breaking it down for what it is.

Just Brian, being Brian. So, not gonna get into anymore talk in this thread. Has been difficult to read.

Congrats to Tyler. Playing for the Los Angeles damn Lakers. Soak it in, and keep putting in work.

Great caveat. It's like saying he someone sucks because they are #400 in the Forbes 400.

Well - the gap between Ennis opting for being #400 on Forbes list vs worst contract in NBA is leaps and bounds bigger than me rather having the worst contact in the NBA vs my job. Maybe 1000x.

But I get your point.

I don't believe this is true. The expansion of the NBA roster and the invention of 2-way contracts makes it false.

2-way contracts are less than the veteran minimum and can be offered to anyone with 3 years or less of NBA experience. To my understanding of the CBA, Ennis would qualify for such a contract for the 17-18 season.

While I understand your overall argument, technically it could have been worse for him.

I don't believe this is true. The expansion of the NBA roster and the invention of 2-way contracts makes it false.

2-way contracts are less than the veteran minimum and can be offered to anyone with 3 years or less of NBA experience. To my understanding of the CBA, Ennis would qualify for such a contract for the 17-18 season.

While I understand your overall argument, technically it could have been worse for him.

I stand corrected. Didnt realize they started these in the NBA. I know the NHL has had it. And I did see a definition of 3 years and under as well so I assume you are correct that Ennis was eligible. I am guessing that is because rookie contracts are up to 4 years. Ennis just didnt get his final year picked up.

Those max out around $279k per year the way the math works out - but could be much less.

I don't even know what the argument is anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom