UCF feeling entitled | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UCF feeling entitled

This comment about Miami isn’t even relevant. UCF is complaining that no one will play them. Well, take the 2 for 1, shut up, and go win. Just sick of hearing how they’ve been slighted by the playoff committee. Quit complaining and schedule some good teams.

Btw... Miami and Florida playing in Orlando next August.
It was explained to me that UF demanded a 2-1-1. Gainsville-Miami-Orlando. What was finally agreed to, I don't know.

My point is that you don'r have to be a G5 for UF to try to Big Boy you.

I guess the 2014 Fiesta Bowl never took place

UCF vs. Baylor - Box Score - January 1, 2014 - ESPN

Also, would you be surprised if I told you that UCF has been to 3 times as many BCS/NY6 bowl games in the past 5 years as UF. Oh, and UCF won the games too.

But why let let facts stand in the way of a hot take?

It’s a business proposition. Florida & the G5 have more leverage. If UCF really wants & believes it can make waves, then the 2 for 1 shouldn’t bother them in the short-term. You gotta start somewhere.

I agree with both of these posts even though they kinda contradict one another. UCF, at this moment, has a better recent track record than Florida does. But having said that, it's become abundantly clear to everyone that UCF needs games like a game against Florida if they want to get into the CFP, so everyone can call their bluff. Florida will get those resume building games in conference so they don't need it the way UCF does.

They could try for a 1st week neutral site game. Would the networks be up for that? Take on Bama in Atlanta.

I always laugh when SOS is used against a program like UCF. P5 excludes them from their conferences and then from their playoffs because they are not in a P5 conference.

I think the P5 should just break off and be their own thing if it’s impossible for teams to make the playoffs from outside of the P5.

The ironic thin I if UCF made the CFP it would likely kill their program. The second a G5 makes a playoff, the second the P5 breaks away. UCF needs to . They should be willing to play Florida 3 for 0.0 as they need the game, Florida doesn’t. If they aren’t willing to play the big boys anytime anywhere then they need to stop complaining.

UCF needs to do what Boise State did under Peterson.
They went to Fedex and played Virginia Tech, they went to the Georgia Dome and posted Georgia, they went to Georgia Dome.
UCF isn’t going to get 1-1s.
Plain and simple.
Play 3 P5 team in the nonconference even if 2 of them are on the road.

UCF needs to do what Boise State did under Peterson.
They went to Fedex and played Virginia Tech, they went to the Georgia Dome and posted Georgia, they went to Georgia Dome.
UCF isn’t going to get 1-1s.
Plain and simple.
Play 3 P5 team in the nonconference even if 2 of them are on the road.

Exactly. That’s also what Miami did back in the 80’s. They played anyone anywhere. Winning those games is what built their credibility and turned them into a power program with 5 National Championships. These G5’s want it all handed to them. Sign of the times I guess.

UCF wants access to playoffs with terrible strength of schedule

UConn wants instant access to a P5 conference (B1G over ACC given their druthers... lol) and they can’t win at the G5 level.

We’ve probably beat this topic at this point but lots of good ideas of how to better UCF’s hope of making the CFP in this thread. Their AD has plenty of tools. He should just go make it happen.

UCF is hands down the most annoying program right now. I’d actually root for the typical football factory’s to stomp them.

They are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Loved how they paid the coaches bonuses last year. Good for them.

Non story.

That’s what Florida is offering it. Take it or leave it.

Personally, if I were them I’d take it. Win 2 of 3, show up well at home.

This isn’t a Penn State - Syracuse situation.

Bring them here 1 for 1. That would end the Discussion about a national championship for UCF right there

You do realize UCF’s star QB is out due to a nasty injury? I’m not seeing a bunch of pre-built excuses focusing on that issue. If anything that should outweigh LSU’s motivation excuse.

UCF can’t seem to win (despite actually winning). If they win the bowl game people will say LSU didn’t try.

I do realize Milton is out. The Hawaiian, lays passed out to fans last week. I get it. Again, playing UCF in a bowl isn't appealing to a bug p5 school. What you UCF fans fail to factor in is the cumulative effect of playing 2,3,4,5 p5 teams in a row. UCF has talent and can play with the big boys on small doses.

GaTech, LVille, and Pitt all agreed to 1-1 games with UCF.

I believe UNC’s extended series with UCF was 1-1.

Better series for UF-UCF would be one game in Gainesville, 1 in Orlando (UCF’s campus) and 1 in either Tampa or Jax. That would give UF a slight lean on the home field advantage they’re after.

Real problem is UF historically never leaves Gainesville to play non-conference games, other than their game against FSU. I don’t think they’ve left the state of Florida to play a true road game since they played SU in the early 90’s

Do you know if they've gotten any traction or reached out to Miami or FSU?

UCF/LSU will be interesting. Kinda sucks that Milton and the LSU corners will be out because now there are already factors to "throw out" the results regardless of how the game turns out. Last year would've been fun to see UCF against the top tier of P5's but this year I think the teams in the playoff would probably win by quite a bit. They'd have a chance against OU though with a healthy Milton because they'd put up points against the OU defense.

Convenient for UCF to see the offer and view it as unfair. Gives them a reason not to play the game. If they REALLY wanted to play a good p5 team, they could.

Convenient for UCF to see the offer and view it as unfair. Gives them a reason not to play the game. If they REALLY wanted to play a good p5 team, they could.

They play Pitt and Stanford next year. They don't want to do 2A,1H series. I don't blame them at all. Do what's best for yourselves

I do realize Milton is out. The Hawaiian, lays passed out to fans last week. I get it. Again, playing UCF in a bowl isn't appealing to a bug p5 school. What you UCF fans fail to factor in is the cumulative effect of playing 2,3,4,5 p5 teams in a row. UCF has talent and can play with the big boys on small doses.
Great point.

UCF beat Pitt at home, after playing FAU.

Syracuse lost to Pitt on the road, after playing Clemson on the road.

Wilbon made a good point on PTI the other night. He said that before they were established powers, FSU and Miami would play anyone anywhere to prove themselves. They were willing to take 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 just to show they belonged. After they started beating up on the established teams they earned the respect they thought they deserved. UCF needs to do the same thing. Play the established powers, including in state big brothers, wherever they want. Do it with a chip on your shoulder and beat some teams, and you'll get your respect.

Great point.

UCF beat Pitt at home, after playing FAU.

Syracuse lost to Pitt on the road, after playing Clemson on the road.
Right. I'm sure they'd still have a good record if they played a similar schedule to ours, but there is no way they go undefeated. They would have the inevitable bad game against a good team that results in a loss. They can have those now and still get wins then get up for the few tough games they play.

Right. I'm sure they'd still have a good record if they played a similar schedule to ours, but there is no way they go undefeated. They would have the inevitable bad game against a good team that results in a loss. They can have those now and still get wins then get up for the few tough games they play.
They would also have the injuries we have had, which is getting better. More depth, better conditioning. Makes winning harder.

Wilbon made a good point on PTI the other night. He said that before they were established powers, FSU and Miami would play anyone anywhere to prove themselves. They were willing to take 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 just to show they belonged. After they started beating up on the established teams they earned the respect they thought they deserved. UCF needs to do the same thing. Play the established powers, including in state big brothers, wherever they want. Do it with a chip on your shoulder and beat some teams, and you'll get your respect.

UCF is coming across like the epitome of "new money". They think because they recently are experiencing some success it means that they deserve to be treated and viewed like the programs that have had similar or greater success over the past few decades. It doesn't work that way.

They play Pitt and Stanford next year. They don't want to do 2A,1H series. I don't blame them at all. Do what's best for yourselves
Do what is best for yourselves...and they will again bitch when they can't get in.

What is best for themselves is taking the 2 for 1 with good P5 teams, beating them and getting into the playoff. That would be the best thing.

Unfortunately that comes with a cost, that being the 2 for 1.

They need to put up or shut up. It will all be moot after LSU pummels them though.

You do realize UCF’s star QB is out due to a nasty injury? I’m not seeing a bunch of pre-built excuses focusing on that issue. If anything that should outweigh LSU’s motivation excuse.

UCF can’t seem to win (despite actually winning). If they win the bowl game people will say LSU didn’t try.

Yep and Johnson was injured last year for Auburn ... go back and watch the SEC title game and see the beating he took ... Auburn was also missing Pettway and Martin .. they were riddled with injuries late in the year ... that victory over Auburn was cute but Auburn at full strength beats them.

Any non P5 team wanting to truly compete for the National championship better schedule like an absolute M--- F -- Er out of conference. Trying to do it any other way is a joke and will never happen. They will also need some luck and hope the games they have scheduled against said P5 opponents years in advance are perceived as really good wins if they get them. ( team have to be top 15 types)

and good luck with that. If I were UCF and was serious I would take any game anytime anyplace if I wanted to really play in the F4. ( nice horse named Anytime Anyplace, BTW)

Any non P5 team wanting to truly compete for the National championship better schedule like an absolute M--- F -- Er out of conference. Trying to do it any other way is a joke and will never happen. They will also need some luck and hope the games they have scheduled against said P5 opponents years in advance are perceived as really good wins if they get them. ( team have to be top 15 types)

and good luck with that. If I were UCF and was serious I would take any game anytime anyplace if I wanted to really play in the F4. ( nice horse named Anytime Anyplace, BTW)

I would concentrate on dominating my own league, fill my stadium, and continue to remind everyone (I'm looking at you Big XII) that I have the largest undergrad enrollment in the nation, and I am located smack-dab in the middle of primo recruiting territory. And, all else failing, I'd pray for the next realignment to come ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom