UCLA basketball players arrested in China | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA basketball players arrested in China

I dont think it was just ball who had the balls to steal, why just focus on him? Do you have a fixation?

To your final question, NO. Where did you get that? lol, are you on something stronger than I am, man? Look, I think you mean well, but please dont play the race card. I come from the currently most oppressed people in this nation, so I get a bit riled up with this #FAKENEWS race baiting that the media and some of their bots do. Why should we assume all the players were black? If young Devo were in a group that was doing it, it's quite possible/probable that he may have participaed too. This is not about race, although I suppose if you want to look at empirical data about who commits crimes within our borders we could have a discussion about that.

This is about dumb kids, and group mentality that helps grow the cajones. Why do people feel the need to play the race card so much? I know actually, the media has conditioned many of you TV watchers like pavlovian dogs to be reactionary and unconsciously have thoughts generated in your head through their conditioning. Your boy "Lenin"(not his real name), visited Pavlov and attempted to get him to use his method on the populace.

Lol, you cant be serious. I dont want to call you ignorant, but during Obama's 8 years, the "peace" prize winner was involved in more invasions/ongoing "wars", cia/moassad regime changes, than ANY other President in the history of the US. Much of it was the last few countries who did NOT have a ROTHSCHILD central bank, like us and the rest of the world...the remaining countries not to have it? Iran, Korea, Cuba. Connecting any dots yet?(not just you, this is directed at the entire peanut gallery of reactionary bots)

lol dude! I didnt want to know your salary or that of anyone... I just wanted to know the markup on those insane prices you mentioned for purses and whatever else!! I was curious how much the store made on each one, lol.

Their handlers should have had them watch Midnight Express, a true story about another college student abroad. Kids today are conditioned by the media to be soft in the head,a nd take things for granted. What you see is a combination of the reults of poor parenting, and media conditioning. The latter can in many cases be the bigger influence if the former is not doing a good job.

That's not my salary lol. I run the company.

I dont get it... im just asking what the mark is on the purses..kinda frustrating :)

Turns out Alibaba is sponsoring the event and may pull some strings.

Gives new meaning to Alibaba and the 40 thieves.
Was just reading the ESPN article & found myself chuckling at this part. No wonder UCLA took part in the inaugural event.

Sources: UCLA trio won't fly home with team

"We've received tremendous support from our partners at FUSC [Federation of University Sports of China] and Alibaba. We've had a chance to apologize for the unwelcome attention it has brought."

i read that the typical sentence for this kind of offense is at least 3 years. if they get off easy because they are ball players and the president & jack ma personally intervened - how is that not an extra benefit not available to other students?

i'm not saying this because i want to see them locked away in a chinese prison, but because it really puts the ncaa on the spot for they way they capriciously define "extra benefits"

i read that the typical sentence for this kind of offense is at least 3 years. if they get off easy because they are ball players and the president & jack ma personally intervened - how is that not an extra benefit not available to other students?

i'm not saying this because i want to see them locked away in a chinese prison, but because it really puts the ncaa on the spot for they way they capriciously define "extra benefits"
The players have to be done for the season no matter what happens.
They created an international incident and embrassed the country.

The NCAA is the least of their worries.

The players have to be done for the season no matter what happens.
They created an international incident and embrassed the country.

The NCAA is the least of their worries.
nonsense. they deserve what any other student would get in this country. mcw missed 0 games.

now, what china decides to do to them is a different matter entirely.

nonsense. they deserve what any other student would get in this country. mcw missed 0 games.

Was MCW charged and arrested?

There is petty larceny (under around $1000) a misdemeanor and then grand larceny which is a felony.

There is petty larceny (under around $1000) a misdemeanor and then grand larceny which is a felony.

Those designations don’t apply in China . They have their own set of rules

Was MCW charged and arrested?
dunno, but he was fined, so there was some sort of adjudication

but my point is that mcw was not suspended for shoplifting and neither should these three kids. the punishment rendered by the authorities is all the punishment that they should get.

but if it is excessively light compared to what a normal citizen would get, it is an uncomfortable moment for the ncaa's "extra benefits" clause

They can be held in custody for up to a month without bail, and are subject to a 10 year prison sentence.
The police came to the hotel at 8am and kept the players from both teams locked in their rooms for hours, and were not allowed to speak with the coaches. The Ga. Tech players were released first, and at 1pm they arrested the UCLA players.
Supposed shop lifting at Louis Vuitton near the hotel.
Now this is serious. Yes stupid on their part, of course if they are indeed guilty. You don't know for sure what is going on there. I still think the school, and the program needs to better chaperone these kids, who are freshman, and not all have LaVar Ball for a daddy. Some have never traveled very far from home before. And now you are in a very different country.

And it probably wasn't even real Louis Vuitton. There are knock-off designer bags for sale all over Beijing.

And it probably wasn't even real Louis Vuitton. There are knock-off designer bags for sale all over Beijing.
I knew a girl that paid $400 for a coach bag the size of a wallet, people get way to caught up with status symbols.

dunno, but he was fined, so there was some sort of adjudication

but my point is that mcw was not suspended for shoplifting and neither should these three kids. the punishment rendered by the authorities is all the punishment that they should get.

but if it is excessively light compared to what a normal citizen would get, it is an uncomfortable moment for the ncaa's "extra benefits" clause

Gotta disagree! Their action occurred during an official university sanctioned activity, it brought dishonor to the school and probably broke so many school and team rules that a suspension, or even expulsion is a realistic outcome. Now if there were no rules, they could rape and murder and there would be no action taken.

So the 3 players were released and flying home now.

Please don’t let this story turn into see Trump isn’t a white supermacist or what did Trump give to the Chinese to get this done.

Also please no LaVar Ball-Trump Press conference people’s heads would explode.

Are those just on the street or are they in the shops as well? My impression is that this was a high end store. I would think it would be genuine though I admit I'm not an expert in this area.

So the 3 players were released and flying home now.

Please don’t let this story turn into see Trump isn’t a white supermacist or what did Trump give to the Chinese to get this done.

Also please no LaVar Ball-Trump Press conference people’s heads would explode.
Now that you've put this out there, literally all I want, is a LaVar/Trump joint press conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom