UConn Gameday Thread... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Gameday Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Why do we pass when we need to run on that possession, then a few possession before when it's 2 and 9, we run the ball again and get same result..smh. Frustrating as crap sometimes.

All of the sudden I don't think we're going to beat FSU after all.

Teams make adjustments and when plays don't work, obviously it looks awful but the play calling seems different just like after 17-0 USF and Dungey starts playing super weak around that time as well.

Again its playcalling. 2 amd 1 now u can run up the middle. Down and distance calls are bizarre
Teams make adjustments and when plays don't work, obviously it looks awful but the play calling seems different just like after 17-0 USF and Dungey starts playing super weak around that time as well.

Just going by what I've read but every play in this offense has a run/pass option. Maybe Dungey is checking them into the run? Last year, we ran clock so we didn't get a good feel for how he can manage the game. This year, there would seem to be not only more responsibility on his shoulders but likely he's doing it for the first time and in a new offense.

So far, this is what the Tampa 2 is supposed to look like. Allow 4 yard throws all day.

Just going by what I've read but every play in this offense has a run/pass option. Maybe Dungey is checking them into the run? Last year, we ran clock so we didn't get a good feel for how he can manage the game. This year, there would seem to be not only more responsibility on his shoulders but likely he's doing it for the first time in a new offense.
Well then Dungey makes all right calls in the first 2 drives and all the wrong calls after.

Well then Dungey makes all right calls in the first 2 drives and all the wrong calls after.

Don't know if Babers does it, but most teams run a set of scripted plays early on.

Our D is worn down from all the minutes on the field. We need a drive from the offense now.

I think it would be a huge mistake to run our super-fast offense on this possession. The defense is gassed, and we have to eat up some clock.

First quarter to us. Second quarter to them (so far). We will see if we can avoid a second half like USF.

I think it would be a huge mistake to run our super-fast offense on this possession. The defense is gassed, and we have to eat up some clock.
I don't think we can move the ball unless we are playing super fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom