UConn hoops back to Big East | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

UConn hoops back to Big East

Classic UConn. They are already in the red big time every year, now they spend 17 million on top of that. Oh by the way they are going to fork over some of that 11 million they owe KO. Don’t they also have a buy in for the BE. I think this puts them firmly in the lead over Rutgers for the least fiscally responsible AD.

They aren’t going to have to pay as much cash as people think.
The Big East fee will taken from them by giving them less payouts till they are even and I expect the AAC will take their 17 million from this years and next year’s payouts to UConn.

So all in all it will probably cost them 5
Million dollars in actual cash to the American Conference.

They aren’t going to have to pay as much cash as people think.
The Big East fee will taken from them by giving them less payouts till they are even and I expect the AAC will take their 17 million from this years and next year’s payouts to UConn.

So all in all it will probably cost them 5
Million dollars in actual cash to the American Conference.

But, if the other conferences are taking from the normal payout, then it's still costing UConn the same. Either they pay cash, then receive their payout, or they keep their cash and have their payout withheld. Am I missing something?

But, if the other conferences are taking from the normal payout, then it's still costing UConn the same. Either they pay cash, then receive their payout, or they keep their cash and have their payout withheld. Am I missing something?
Exactly. It's like a car deal where the roll the balance of the old car loan/lease into the new car loan/lease. You will still pay one way or the other, there is not debt forgiveness, just a numbers game.

When Maryland announced it was going to leave the ACC, Greensboro didn't send them any more checks. They put the money into escrow. It totaled some $30 million. When all the law suit dust settled, Greensboro kept the $30 million as their exit fee. I imagine the AAC will do something similar w/UConn. They're still going to have to find a replacement source of cash.

UConn is going to struggle in the BE. They are bringing a style of play, with less talent that the current programs in the BE will lick their chops to go up against. There is a high talent level, quality coaching, good shooting and a definite comfort in playing small ball. It's going to be a rough first few years in the league for Hurley and company.

I'm not sure he survives it. UConn will be ok and eventually be back in the mix but you know they are thinking immediate success... Not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom