UConn hoops back to Big East | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

UConn hoops back to Big East

UConn is going to struggle in the BE. They are bringing a style of play, with less talent that the current programs in the BE will lick their chops to go up against. There is a high talent level, quality coaching, good shooting and a definite comfort in playing small ball. It's going to be a rough first few years in the league for Hurley and company.

I'm not sure he survives it. UConn will be ok and eventually be back in the mix but you know they are thinking immediate success... Not happening.
yeah, it is a big step up in competition. the aac has ranked between 6th and 9th in the annual kenpom conference rankings, while the big east has ranked between 2nd and 5th. but the ranking actually understates the disparity - the average rating for the aac has been 7.19 vs 13.75 for the big east. drop out the lowest annual rating scores and the aac gets a slightly a higher average rating (7.88) - but so does the big east at 14.3! and its not like uconn has been the cream of that mediocre conference. their best finish was 3rd, in their first year there. since then they've been mid pack or bottom half of mid pack conference.

yeah, it is a big step up in competition. the aac has ranked between 6th and 9th in the annual kenpom conference rankings, while the big east has ranked between 2nd and 5th. but the ranking actually understates the disparity - the average rating for the aac has been 7.19 vs 13.75 for the big east. drop out the lowest annual rating scores and the aac gets a slightly a higher average rating (7.88) - but so does the big east at 14.3! and its not like uconn has been the cream of that mediocre conference. their best finish was 3rd, in their first year there. since then they've been mid pack or bottom half of mid pack conference.
We all laugh at the aac because of schools like Tulane usf ecu no offense Elijiah. But Its not a terrible league. Cincinnati has been really good same with Witchita. Memphis is back on the rise. The big thing About the big east is the notoriety. Being on fox playing at msg.

We all laugh at the aac because of schools like Tulane usf ecu no offense Elijiah. But Its not a terrible league. Cincinnati has been really good same with Witchita. Memphis is back on the rise. The big thing About the big east is the notoriety. Being on fox playing at msg.
Tulane University is an historic institution and is the soul of the Big Easy. SU should play them way more often.

Tulane University is an historic institution and is the soul of the Big Easy. SU should play them way more often.
And really bad at basketball. Great school other than shawn King what have they done athletically?

Because Syracuse should view Tulane as a peer, not in sports entirely, but over all. I do think Fritz has their football team on the way up.

Why tho

Because Syracuse should view Tulane as a peer, not in sports entirely, but over all. I do think Fritz has their football team on the way up.
Who cares if the school is a peer academically.

It’s half the country away and playing them regularly does absolutely nothing to help Syracuse University.

Beating Tulane is no different than beating Buffalo. Buffalo is a bus ride away. Tulane is 1500+ miles away and doesn’t bring anything to the Dome.

As soon as Fritz does a good job he will get scooped up another school and then the program becomes a stepping stone again.
Playing Tulane once every decade or two okay fine no More.

In no world should Syracuse ever consider Tulane a peer.

Now, you have a point about New Orleans... :)
I would think that Tulane may be considered a better university, with their historic medical school.

Comparing Syracuse and Tulane in sports is like comparing the Yankees to the Marlins. Tulane is a really good school no idea where Syracuse is in comparison. But you don't schedule schools athletically because of their academics.

I would think that Tulane may be considered a better university, with their historic medical school.
That may be, but we're talking athletics here.

That being said, in the latest US News & World Report rankings, SU comes in at 54, while Tulane is #40. Obviously, the world-renown medical school helps them immensely.

Such a trash comment to make.
The American wasn’t deep but the top of the conference gave that trash program enough quality games.

Outside of Villanova and Creighton the Big East schools don’t have large fanbases.
I can't see the comment. What did he say?

That may be, but we're talking athletics here.

That being said, in the latest US News & World Report rankings, SU comes in at 54, while Tulane is #40. Obviously, the world-renown medical school helps them immensely.
Academics have no affect on whom we schedule for nonconference games.

Tulane every once in a while sure. No more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom