UConn hoops back to Big East | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

UConn hoops back to Big East

A “mid major” league that he couldnt even win in. Goofy comment, but it’s very much on brand for Hurley.
What was the comment? The tweet has been deleted! Damn

NBE is pretty good but uconn is joining up at a time where Georgetown is losing their best player to Texas Tech. And no matter what they won’t be as bad as they were in the aack. I hope they stink but .500 in that league gets you into the tournament.

NBE is pretty good but uconn is joining up at a time where Georgetown is losing their best player to Texas Tech. And no matter what they won’t be as bad as they were in the aack. I hope they stink but .500 in that league gets you into the tournament.

.500 in that league isn't a guarantee by any stretch. UConn couldn't get to .500 in the AAC most years. It's going to take a while.

That's a super-well done article.

And my niece just graduated from Marquette, so even better!

I’m imagining Travis Diener said:
To recap my distaste, the school is grasping onto their failure of a football program for dear life, the move was entirely dictated by nostalgia of spectators who grew up watching a men’s basketball program way more successful than the current iteration can dream of being, and they will demand more than they deserve in the future because of that. The re-addition of their women’s basketball team is a legitimate win for the conference, but it is outweighed by any one of those listed negatives.

I mean, spot the lie?

Such a trash comment to make.
The American wasn’t deep but the top of the conference gave that trash program enough quality games.

Outside of Villanova and Creighton the Big East schools don’t have large fanbases.
Xavier and Marquette would debate you on that.

Xavier and Marquette would debate you on that.
Xavier has an arena with a max capacity of 10,250. Plus they don’t bring a lot of fans to MSG.
They fill up their small arena and have support in Cincinnati it’s not a large fanbase.

I will concede Marquette but again it’s a distance second fiddle inside the state of Wisconsin but I would say they are a top 25 fanbase in college hoops.

The current Big East is basically Villanova national championships apart from the American. The top of the American has been pretty good the last couple of years.

The Big East has manipulated the computers in nonconference play but outside of Villanova they haven’t had a team in the Elite 8. Butler and Xavier are the only other Big East teams since 2014 to make 1 Sweet 16 appearance.

The Big East Conference outside of Villanova has been midmajor ish in the NCAAT since it became the catholic 10.

Xavier has an arena with a max capacity of 10,250. Plus they don’t bring a lot of fans to MSG.
They fill up their small arena and have support in Cincinnati it’s not a large fanbase.

I will concede Marquette but again it’s a distance second fiddle inside the state of Wisconsin but I would say they are a top 25 fanbase in college hoops.

The current Big East is basically Villanova national championships apart from the American. The top of the American has been pretty good the last couple of years.

The Big East has manipulated the computers in nonconference play but outside of Villanova they haven’t had a team in the Elite 8. Butler and Xavier are the only other Big East teams since 2014 to make 1 Sweet 16 appearance.

The Big East Conference outside of Villanova has been midmajor ish in the NCAAT since it became the catholic 10.

I don't really think they have manipulated things. The Big East continously has one of the best records against the other "Power 6" pre-January year after year -- that is what they have benefited from. But they are more of a deep conference than a top heavy conference -- that may help the numbers and hurt come March however.

Your original statement concerned size of fanbases, not quality of teams or manipulation of computers.

The comparison between the American and the Big East is really not close, even if you take out Villanova. Which you can’t do.

And the Tournament is random. Does Xavier losing in the second round in 2018 really cancel out the excellent season they had?

I mean I think every Big East school has a better fanbase for hoops than BC. Or even Wake since Skip. Or Clemson.

Providence- much better
Creighton- yes
Nova- yes
yukon- yes
St Johns- yes
Seton Hall- yes
Georgetown- yes
Butler- yes
X- yes
Marquette- yes
Depaul- equal

Mid level Big East is pretty good. Thats why everyone is correct to not assume yukon will automatically be that even if I unfortunately feel that way.

It would be a lot cooler to hate on UConn if we weren’t so mediocre since joining the ACC. I wish them well. Hopefully our games with them become nationally relevant again. Same principles apply to Georgetown. When our rivals do well, our games get more exposure.

I mean I think every Big East school has a better fanbase for hoops than BC. Or even Wake since Skip. Or Clemson.

Providence- much better
Creighton- yes
Nova- yes
yukon- yes
St Johns- yes
Seton Hall- yes
Georgetown- yes
Butler- yes
X- yes
Marquette- yes
Depaul- equal

Mid level Big East is pretty good. Thats why everyone is correct to not assume yukon will automatically be that even if I unfortunately feel that way.
Go look at TV ratings for Big East on Fox.

Their fanbases are tiny.
Comparing them to the bottom of the ACc doesn’t prove anything.

Villanova, Creighton, and Marquette are legit.
Butler, Providence, Xavier are small and loyal.

Georgetown and St. John’s are living on nostalgia.

The rest are meh.

Go look at TV ratings for Big East on Fox.

Their fanbases are tiny.
Comparing them to the bottom of the ACc doesn’t prove anything.

Villanova, Creighton, and Marquette are legit.
Butler, Providence, Xavier are small and loyal.

Georgetown and St. John’s are living on nostalgia.

The rest are meh.
I will say this about st John's when they are really good people in NYC care. When they are mediocre no one does. I have a couple buddies who are st John's grads. They are Cuse fans.

It would be a lot cooler to hate on UConn if we weren’t so mediocre since joining the ACC. I wish them well. Hopefully our games with them become nationally relevant again. Same principles apply to Georgetown. When our rivals do well, our games get more exposure.
Conference wise this is true. But we don’t get more exposure UConn does well lol..we get nothing from it and it hurts us recruiting-wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom