UConn hoops back to Big East | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UConn hoops back to Big East

It won’t effect their basketball program.
The AAC is a better conference than the Big East.
Villanova is the best program in either conference but after Nova the rest of that conference has done nothing in the tournament since the NBE was formed.
The AAC has Houston under Sampson, Wichita under Marshall, Memphis under Penny( best recruiting class in the nation), UCF under Dawkins and Cincinnati/Temple.
The conference wasn’t as garbage as much as Kevin Ollie sucked at recruiting.
UConn’s football was losing money and when the school lost their deal with SNY for WBB cost them money so they left.

They got SETON HALL!! 250 message board Jersey fat tubs swear they passed us by because they were one and done in the dance a couple times and got our scrub transfer.

Comes across? He texted his players he was leaving for MD after they were blown out by OK in the Fiesta Bowl. He does have zero integrity.

And, since we were at SU at the same time, I know things about him that coincide with that sentiment.

And no, I won't tell. Sorry. :)
His wife screwed me with a girl I really liked. I have never forgiven her

Last edited:

Um. No it’s not. Especially for UConn and it’s ability to recruit. It’s not even remotely arguable on any level. I can assure you that nobody on our hoops staff is celebrating this move by UCONN.

It’s a great move for their hoops programs. GREAT.

But it’s also essentially waving the white flag for football.

Someone very high up in their administration essentially made the decision to kill football to save hoops.

Um. No it’s not. Especially for UConn and it’s ability to recruit. It’s not even remotely arguable on any level. I can assure you that nobody on our hoops staff is celebrating this move by UCONN.

Someone very high up in their administration essentially made the decision to kill football to save hoops.
I’m hoping Hurley becomes the train wreck I expect. He is so on the edge and wired he is bound to slip up. Hopefully it is right after signing an extension with a huge buyout.

df7eja.jpg

5000th post

UCONN WILL BE GOOD BECAUSE EVERY MARCH WHEN THEY PLAY BUTLER IN MSG IN FRONT OF 5,000 STORRS FARMERS, ESPN WILL RUN CLIPS OF JEFF ADRIEN MISSING A POTENTIAL GAME WINNER IN THE 3RD OT AGAINST SYRACUSE IN 2009, AND RAY ALLEN RUNNING WITH FLUTTERY LEGS LIKE LUIGI IN MARIO 2 AFTER HITTING A GAME WINNER AGAINST GTOWN IN 96!!! OMGZ!!!!

Last edited:
UCONN WILL BE GOOD BECAUSE EVERY MARCH WHEN THEY PLAY BUTLER IN MSG IN FRONT OF 5,000 BALDING STORRS FARMERS, ESPN WILL RUN CLIPS OF JEFF ADRIEN MISSING A POTENTIAL GAME WINNER IN THE 3RD OT AGAINST SYRACUSE IN 2009, AND RAY ALLEN RUNNING WITH FLUTTERY LEGS LIKE LUIGI IN MARIO 2 AFTER HITTING A GAME WINNER AGAINST GTOWN IN 96!!! OMGZ!!!!
Thank you Jacob Silj.

It won’t effect their basketball program.

Not to the media.

In SMB2 I’d always use Luigi. Never Toad. Toad was the worst. He could pull up vegetables the quickest but what a useless “skill.”

Same! Though I think the Princess could float and was a solid second option. Mario was average in every way. And yes, Toad could dig - but nobody cared about that.

My brother, friend, and I always joked that Ray Allen was running around like Luigi all fluttering around after that game winner.

Same! Though I think the Princess could float and was a solid second option. Mario was average in every way. And yes, Toad could dig - but nobody cared about that.

My brother, friend, and I always joked that Ray Allen was running around like Luigi all fluttering around after that game winner.

She could but I could never time it right and I’d end up falling to my death.

I’m kinda proud that I linked a top 3 UConn moment to the bust that Mario 2 was.

Mario 1 - original 80s Big East where nobody cared about UConn, featured on “Requim for theBig East” or whatever, where UConn got nary a mention much to the chagrin of that nerd MaUConn fan and that dork Fishy. Classic era that set the whole tone, that those Johnny come lately scrubs had no part of.

Mario 3 - The current ACC featuring Syracuse, LVille, Duke, Virginia, UNC. Pretty much best game of all time status. If you missed out, oh well.

Mario 2 - 90s BE when UConn was good. Kind of a scrubby forgotten era for the most part. Really, nobody cares except for Donny Marshall...and that dork Fishy.

Dr. Mario - AAC. I rented it from a local pizza parlor once when I was 10 and played it for like 10 minutes the whole rental period. Fishy probably beat the game 7 times. Dork.

Last edited:
Mario 1 - original 80s Big East where nobody cared about UConn, featured on “Requim for theBig East” or whatever, where UConn got nary a mention much to the chagrin of that nerd MaUConn fan and that dork Fishy. Classic era that set the whole tone, that those Johnny come lately scrubs had no part of.

Mario 3 - The current ACC featuring Syracuse, LVille, Duke, Virginia, UNC. Pretty much best game of all time status. If you missed out, oh well.

Mario 2 - 90s BE when UConn was good. Kind of a scrubby forgotten era for the most part. Really, nobody cares except for Donny Marshall...and that dork Fishy.

Dr. Mario - AAC. I rented it from a local pizza parlor once when I was 10 and played it for like 10 minutes the whole rental period. Fishy probably beat the game 7 times. Dork.
Does anybody else remember the original Mario Bros. game?

Does anybody else remember the original Mario Bros. game?

I think that’s what I meant by “Mario 1”?

When my brother first stormed by the Hammer Brothers and actually made it, it set off a wild celebration in our household...kinda like when we started beating Georgetown?(work with me, I’m trying here!)

I think that’s what I meant by “Mario 1”?

When my brother first stormed by the Hammer Brothers and actually made it, it set off a wild celebration in our household...kinda like when we started beating Georgetown?(work with me, I’m trying here!)
Oh ok, I thought you were referring to Super Mario Bros.

The Big East isn’t as good a conference right now as the Perception of Nova carrying it.

Georgetown is like Miami football. They haven’t done squat.
St. John’s/Seton Hall/Marquette/Providence are okay basketball schools but they aren’t national players
Butler/Creighton/Xavier were brought in but they aren’t moving the needle.

The Big East now is a good conference but the American has more teams on the upswing.
The only think the NBE has over the American is their bottom doesn’t suck.
The top 6-8 in the American probably have a brighter future than the top 6-8 in the Big East on aggregate but Villanova is the top program in either conference by a long distance.

In SMB2 I’d always use Luigi. Never Toad. Toad was the worst. He could pull up vegetables the quickest but what a useless “skill.”
Okay Princess Peach was by far the best. Her jumping abilities were off the charts and she could float.
Luigi was second best because his jump straight up was long but he couldn’t cover the distance Princess could and his legs were hard to control as they always moved in the air.
Toad was 3rd best because of his speed abilities.
Mario was the worst because he did nothing well. He was just average in everything.

There it had to be said.

UCONN dragged the AAC down. They will be about like BYU is in the WCC but their football team won't be as good. If the football team remains to count as a P5 game for the B1G, they could make some money as a buy off game.

The Big East isn’t as good a conference right now as the Perception of Nova carrying it.

Georgetown is like Miami football. They haven’t done squat.
St. John’s/Seton Hall/Marquette/Providence are okay basketball schools but they aren’t national players
Butler/Creighton/Xavier were brought in but they aren’t moving the needle.

The Big East now is a good conference but the American has more teams on the upswing.
The only think the NBE has over the American is their bottom doesn’t suck.
The top 6-8 in the American probably have a brighter future than the top 6-8 in the Big East on aggregate but Villanova is the top program in either conference by a long distance.

It's about media markets and name brand recognition.
The Big East might not be the same conference it used to be, but it's a way better outcome for UConn, and really, is there a G5 hoops conference that is as well known? There's a reason they have a network TV deal and the AAC does not.