unbelievable refereeing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

unbelievable refereeing

haha reminds me of John Cheney running after Coach Cal screaming "If I see you on the street I'm gonna kick your ass!" for some shenanigans in a game once.

here's what is going to happen, UNC is going to get the first 2-3 calls and blitz us to start the second half and we are going to go down by like 10. and then, the refs will give a few calls so at the end of the game they can be like "what? we called fouls on both teams"
Sadly this was spot on

Us missing free throws has no relation to the performance of the refs. Sure we missed free throws but that doesn’t mean the refs can be one sided and make bad and inconsistent calls.

Like I said, never ceases to disappoint.

It’s tough to bitch about officiating when you go 13-23 from the line but syracusefan dot com never ceases to disappoint.
and this RIGHT here is what anyone else that isn't a fan sees. Refs TRUCKED us for 30 Minutes of this game and changed how we could play. It put a great free throw shooting team on the line to keep them in the game. If the game was called legit we would have had a 15+ point halftime lead. Only at the end, as predicted, when UNC seized control did they throw us some . they still had 10 plus more attempts. I was excited to join the ACC at first. I now loathe this league. Cuse will never get a fair shake against the the old necks in this league and most definitely not against the state of Carolina. Robert E. Lee would be proud...Its why I stay above the Mason Dixon line...

As a side note for anyone that followed the FBI case... All these schools cheated and payed players...Is it any sort of stretch to assume the refs, which are a separate organization, arent on the take personally or with Vegas? Its all a sham...

and this RIGHT here is what anyone else that isn't a fan sees. Refs TRUCKED us for 30 Minutes of this game and changed how we could play. It put a great free throw shooting team on the line to keep them in the game. If the game was called legit we would have had a 15+ point halftime lead. Only at the end, as predicted, when UNC seized control did they throw us some . they still had 10 plus more attempts. I was excited to join the ACC at first. I now loathe this league. Cuse will never get a fair shake against the the old necks in this league and most definitely not against the state of Carolina. Robert E. Lee would be proud...Its why I stay above the Mason Dixon line...

As a side note for anyone that followed the FBI case... All these schools cheated and payed players...Is it any sort of stretch to assume the refs, which are a separate organization, arent on the take personally or with Vegas? Its all a sham...

This is a pretty angry rant. I was hoping you’d throw a line in about millennials. 8/10.

here's what is going to happen, UNC is going to get the first 2-3 calls and blitz us to start the second half and we are going to go down by like 10. and then, the refs will give a few calls so at the end of the game they can be like "what? we called fouls on both teams"

Nailed it

And as soon as they realized we weren't going to make the free throws we were awarded they realized they could even up the disparity in calls even more and actually advantage UNC in doing so.

haha reminds me of John Cheney running after Coach Cal screaming "If I see you on the street I'm gonna kick your ass!" for some shenanigans in a game once.
Well, sort of. He went into Cal's post game presser and bizarrely berated Calipari for berating officials. When Cal tried to respond, Cheney told him to shut up and approached the podium. As UMass guard Mike Wiliams stepped between them, Cheney shouted, "I'll kill you! You remember that!" Of course, there were ten cameras in the room recording every second. Good times.

I'm sorry, but you all are hilarious. If we had more than one guy who could/would attack the basket, we'd likely have gone to the line more than we did (not that we could make any last night). But when you pound the ball into the ground for 25 seconds, then throw up a last second three, you aren't going to get rewarded with free throws. And if our secondary defenders could actually get to the spot early, and not a half second too late, we'd probably pick up some charges against the other squad. But we don't.

That said, the refs definitely gave UNC a home court advantage last night that we rarely get in the Dome.

We don't regularly attack the tin, our defense looks not that aggressive until we need to be late.

We get jobbed in any conference when teams come out and play in your shirt defense for 40 minutes and aggressive screen and go hoop from the opening whistle.

We don't regularly attack the tin, our defense looks not that aggressive until we need to be late.

We get jobbed in any conference when teams come out and play in your shirt defense for 40 minutes and aggressive screen and go hoop from the opening whistle.
True, But 21 free throws in the First Half .....that is crazy, usually refs will try to keep some semblance of neutrality, not these guys.

the acc should be embarrassed. terrible, terrible showing i am done for the night after this.
At halftime, UNC had taken 27 shots (15 from 3). I do not believe we fouled them taking a 3-pointer.
So, in the initial 20 minutes, while SU played zone, UNC took 12 2-point FG and somehow was granted 21 free throws (the equivalent to 10-11 trips to the line). That's criminal.

All while UNC committed 4 fouls playing man-to-man that extended well beyond the arc.

It's all illogical, but that is ACC basketball in North Carolina.

True, But 21 free throws in the First Half ...that is crazy, usually refs will try to keep some semblance of neutrality, not these guys.

I missed most of the first half, where all the consternation is coming from. Coby White goes in elbows up and gets a call...but the aggressor from the jump always seems to gets calls. UNC or Louisville or Pitt or Big East it ALWAYS happens to us (mainly because JB actually teaches the game the way it should be played).

I'm sorry, but you all are hilarious. If we had more than one guy who could/would attack the basket, we'd likely have gone to the line more than we did (not that we could make any last night). But when you pound the ball into the ground for 25 seconds, then throw up a last second three, you aren't going to get rewarded with free throws. And if our secondary defenders could actually get to the spot early, and not a half second too late, we'd probably pick up some charges against the other squad. But we don't.

That said, the refs definitely gave UNC a home court advantage last night that we rarely get in the Dome.
STUPID POST IMO

My problem with the refs was mostly about them calling too many fouls on us in the first half.

There was zero consistency. See Marek’s offensive foul vs. White running Boeheim over and it being a block.

See Chukwu being called for a foul for diving on the player who was on the floor with the ball...yet Sidibe was getting killed in the same situation with no foul called.

14 fouls in a half when you’re not playing pressure defense, not fouling to stop the clock, not playing some super aggressive defense to try to come back, etc. is insane. It’s like they wanted us to just get out of the way or something.

We should’ve been up double digits at half.

My problem with the refs was mostly about them calling too many fouls on us in the first half.

There was zero consistency. See Marek’s offensive foul vs. White running Boeheim over and it being a block.

See Chukwu being called for a foul for diving on the player who was on the floor with the ball...yet Sidibe was getting killed in the same situation with no foul called.

14 fouls in a half when you’re not playing pressure defense, not fouling to stop the clock, not playing some super aggressive defense to try to come back, etc. is insane. It’s like they wanted us to just get out of the way or something.

We should’ve been up double digits at half.
The block v. charge calls didn't go our way last night. Marek go run over a couple times by a UNC RB.

Two, this year alone. But who's counting.
Oh, I don’t think we’re ever going to get quid pro quo in this league. But a 2-for-1 special is not too much to ask for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom