Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

Wait, you're saying fans don't choose to attend or not based on uniforms?

So if you still plan on attending games, you should keep any opinions as to uniforms to yourself?

SWC75 said:
So if you still plan on attending games, you should keep any opinions as to uniforms to yourself?
Take a step back. An employee of SU just said winning makes this argument moot -- to which I sarcastically replied that that can't be true. Talk about the uniforms all you want -- as I will respond how silly you are. I took the day off -- not for this, or did I ... -- and am remembering the slogan for Doritos (?): "Snack all you want. We'll make more."

The Patriots have changed their uniforms around a bunch of times over the years. Does it bother me as a Patriots fan? No... because they win. Just win some games and jerseys and all this nonsense is a non-issue.

Pat Kelly said:
The Patriots have changed their uniforms around a bunch of times over the years. Does it bother me as a Patriots fan? No... because they win. Just win some games and jerseys and all this nonsense is a non-issue.
You're wrong -- feelings matter more.

Don't you think a larger number of Patriots fans prefer the red uniforms and Pat Patriot logo though? Also it's been tweaks with the same color scheme.

Pat Kelly said:

They didn't change their colors.

Don't you think a larger number of Patriots fans prefer the red uniforms and Pat Patriot logo though? Also it's been tweaks with the same color scheme.
It's been a huge change because we've basically gone from wearing red uniforms to blue. And yes, most Patriots fans do, but that issue is just not relevant to fans at all at the moment. They wear the throwbacks once in a while, and fans worry about the bigger issues... such as winning the division and winning a Super Bowl.

I'm telling you guys, if we start winning games, fans will be fondly remembering these jerseys years from now.

Todd Gack said:
No worries -- your arguments aren't persuasive either, as we both continue to have these threads (in which you make the same argument) and the actual players don't agree with you.

You have said who cares. Why do you care that many people don't like the uniforms? And I wish people would stop saying the players like them. They like almost anything new and shiny. And in sure they weren't given choices.

I'm telling you guys, if we start winning games, fans will be fondly remembering these jerseys years from now.

I am not sure about fondly, but yes winning cures a lot of things.

Honestly I don't mind change, but I just think a bunch of aspects of this uniform series suck and it's disappointing that the SU Ath Dept allowed it to happen. The 2012 uniforms were a very good look and doing some new alternates or helmets off of that would have been fine. I mean even adding the 44 axes to that look would have been a nice balance of tradition, modernization, and including an unique program element.

It's been a huge change because we've basically gone from wearing red uniforms to blue. And yes, most Patriots fans do, but that issue is just not relevant to fans at all at the moment. They wear the throwbacks once in a while, and fans worry about the bigger issues... such as winning the division and winning a Super Bowl.

Yeah what is more relevant to Patriot fans is what do after getting spanked, albeit in the 2nd half, by the Miami Dolphins!! GO PHINS!!!

Todd Gack said:
You're in the minority thinking this -- which is why Carmelo's donation is so extraordinary. On the general point, I'd argue that as many players choose Syracuse because of their new uniforms choose Michigan or Penn State because of their traditional ones.

Exactly. No player chooses a school based on uniforms. Thanks for agreeing since some here claim they do.

Teams that have some consistency in their look create the image of having an identity.

If you exclude Oregon. They have an identity that's essentially based on wearing something different every game, and being really fast while they do it.

I get that it's annoying that Syracuse is tinkering so much now. But let's not pretend the Dome era uniforms up until 2004 were some long standing tradition in the mold of Alabama, Penn State, USC, etc.

We have one national title. The uniforms we wore then were vastly different than the Dome era. #'s on helmets. Only a white jersey, shoulder pad stripes. I will admit that the orange pants are the one constant we have abandoned.

Personally, I'd like more orange, but I don't get too worked up over it. We live in a fan society now where replica jerseys is a ginormous business. Fans love buying them and wearing them to games. If every fan wore one of jerseys to the Dome for a game, there'd be one color missing in the crowd. The color that is our school name. But that's not a new thing with our jerseys.

I love the Pat Patriot red uniforms, but they went away when Bob Kraft bought the team. They signify the pre-Kraft era. The team wore blue uniforms in the Bledsoe era 93-00 and in 2000 introduced the current navy blue uniforms they wear now when Bill Belichick became the head coach in 2000.

I wish we could still wear the Pat the Patriot red throwbacks once a year like we did from 2009 till 2012, but the NFL passed a rule last year that you can't switch helmets because they want players wearing the same helmets to prevent head injuries and concussions so those uniforms which had white helmets rather than the silver helmet they wear now prevented them from wearing the red Pat the Patriot era uniforms. The Patriots still have red in their uniforms, but the primary color went from red to blue when Kraft purchased the team.

rrlbees said:
Why do you care that many people don't like the uniforms?
Boredom, mainly. And I'm generally interested in the way people work. Add onto that that I'm a pretty smart guy, whose only passion is Syracuse sports (and the Nats!). One of my all-time favorite TV/movie lines is James Earl Jones line in "Field of Dreams" (to Costner, as he's about to leave; and I'm paraphrasing): "I used to have your passion, Ray -- misdirected though it might be, it's still a passion."

Bitch away -- I'm reading.

If we're 12-0 in these new uniforms or 12-0 in the old uniforms that "everyone" loves, who really cares?

Likewise if we're 6-6, 5-7, 8-4, 0-12...

Why all the whining about something we clearly can't control?

rrlbees said:
Exactly. No player chooses a school based on uniforms. Thanks for agreeing since some here claim they do.
Then you'll drop the "Syracuse traditional look is X" argument?

SUFan44 said:
If we're 12-0 in these new uniforms or 12-0 in the old uniforms that "everyone" loves, who really cares? Likewise if we're 6-6, 5-7, 8-4, 0-12... Why all the whining about something we clearly can't control?
You must be new here.

It's kind of disgusting when someone tries to call out a fan for not being a "graduate". SU football is a national brand and team. I've live in New York my entire life, go to UB, but still bleed orange. Just because some people didn't have the opportunity to go to SU, doesn't mean that they aren't just as worthy or hardcore of a fan as you are.

Fixed for ya...;)

Boredom, mainly. And I'm generally interested in the way people work. Add onto that that I'm a pretty smart guy and am pretty modest, whose only passion is Syracuse sports (and the Nats!). One of my all-time favorite TV/movie lines is James Earl Jones line in "Field of Dreams" (to Costner, as he's about to leave; and I'm paraphrasing): "I used to have your passion, Ray -- misdirected though it might be, it's still a passion."

Bitch away -- I'm reading.

I prefer the orange and blue for home and the white and orange for road games. As long as they win the games, I don't care if they play naked or wear gold lame' jock straps!

I prefer the orange and blue for home and the white and orange for road games. As long as they win the games, I don't care if they play naked or wear gold lame' jock straps!
That would bring in a whole new audience...

Todd Gack said:
Boredom, mainly. And I'm generally interested in the way people work. Add onto that that I'm a pretty smart guy, whose only passion is Syracuse sports (and the Nats!). One of my all-time favorite TV/movie lines is James Earl Jones line in "Field of Dreams" (to Costner, as he's about to leave; and I'm paraphrasing): "I used to have your passion, Ray -- misdirected though it might be, it's still a passion." Bitch away -- I'm reading.

So you're the decider if someone's passion or opinion is misdirected? And you decide whose opinion is bitching or not? Funny how those who don't like the uni's, are bitching about the uni's. Those who like them are bitching about people. Says a lot.

Todd Gack said:
Then you'll drop the "Syracuse traditional look is X" argument?

Why? I don't tie it to recruiting. Others do.