USA East Coast Basketball trip with Benny Williams | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

USA East Coast Basketball trip with Benny Williams

Misses happen. This + Carey are the last two Top 40 guys we have successfully recruited prior to Mintz. Not great, Bob.
I still have hope for Benny. He just needs to get engaged in the game. He was much better after that initial possession. He was moving around much more.

I think Benny just had a good run there. Played good defense. He made some cuts and was in good position offensively and defensively. He had a put back that didn't fall. He made a good cut where the pass was broken up. He was in good position for a deflection/steal. Nothing amazing but solid

More active and aggressive than yesterday. Focused on defense. Hardly gets the ball though. Sets a lot of screens but doesn’t get it back much. Team doesn’t go inside much at all. No bigs, just 3 point shooters.

My fear is that he an average high major D1 player. One who is just there, rather than one who is capable of taking over games or making big impacts consistently.

On a team that needs more… that likely doesn’t make us Top 25 material.

Very little of the ball as mentioned. Playing hard on D. Isn't very aggressive on the glass. When he is on the ball he is still too unselfish and too much hot potato. He is gonna have to be a blue collar guy as it looks I think and we need even more from the frosh I think.

This group has as much true PG play as we did last year so do have to factor in the lack of being setup

My fear is that he an average high major D1 player. One who is just there, rather than one who is capable of taking over games or making big impacts consistently.

On a team that needs more… that likely doesn’t make us Top 25 material.
I think he is going to be a Roberson type player with a longer leash. Depending on minutes, he will average 5-8 rebounds and 5-8 points. He may have a few big games with put backs and bunnies. His jumpshot is the same. Maybe the history with playing with Mintz will allow them to connect on some cuts, but I do not see much improvement.

I think he is going to be a Roberson type player with a longer leash. Depending on minutes, he will average 5-8 rebounds and 5-8 points. He may have a few big games with put backs and bunnies. His jumpshot is the same. Maybe the history with playing with Mintz will allow them to connect on some cuts, but I do not see much improvement.

Agreed. We will need Taylor, Bunch and Brown to exceed expectations. Benny will be a 7 and 5 guy probably. Judah should help him on the court as should his teammates in general but overall looks like the same player.

Hope Benny gets pissed at some point; and, says F'this. I'm going to play better, damn it. Get angry Benny, get angry.
Much like Roberson, I don’t see it in him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom