Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question"

Why, are you saying that they can't tell time in South Carolina?

Or are you saying that it will be so early that they will be too groggy from early morning heat and sunshine to play?

I am not counting on either and I don't think the time of day will make any difference.
My guess is he's talking crowd energy and how players feed off that.

No it won't. Not even close. It will be about money.

Sorry, it will. And I did couch it with the ridiculous amount of money offer.

I am a little. We have their full attention. I’m thankful for the noon start time. Anything later would have just increased the bullseye.
They're like an older brother who always bullied his younger brother until that one day that the younger brother got the best of him. From that day forward the older brother is the one who id afraid.

Depends on the job that open up.
We should just enjoy this season.
If a factory or place he could win a NC opens up I am sure he would go.
He isn’t going to leave for a lateral job it’s just stupid to rebuild again at his age when SU does a lot for him.
He would have to be careful.He could go to a "factory" and be presented with a roster that's a bad fit for his system--see FSU and Nebraska and UCLA.

If and when Dino leaves, it’ll be as much about attendance as anything short of a ridiculous financial offer.

I think you're right. Love our fans on this board and I realize we've had a long drought with only a few winning seasons. But there are a lot of places that you don't have to beg and plead for more than 30-35K to show up for games. Places where going to the games is THE thing to do on fall Saturdays and that does make it easier to recruit.

Dino’s introductory press conference he asked the fans to have faith. I would ask Dino the same thing. Have faith, belief without evidence, that the fans will show up. Will it be at the snap of a finger? No. It will be like the turning a battle ship. Gradual. But as the wins come so will the fans. And after the last nearly 20 years of Syracuse football, I don’t blame the fans at all to be honest. We have been flat out bad aside from a few outlier years.

Just my two cents.

Babers asked fans in the same press conference not to go to the lake during Home games. The guy is practically begging for support and the results say he shouldn’t have to. Folks should show up to the games or they will have no one to blame but themselves when we aren’t a winning team.

You want fans to commit to the program and to fill the Dome?

Then answer the friggin question straight up - "I love it here and this is where I want to be!"

It's that simple. You make your investment in this community clear.

I love the guy but that should be a no-brainer answer - one that CNY fans would appreciate hearing.

I hope he figures that out and stops with the evasive non-answer BS.

Again, it’s not going to be at the snap of a finger. It will be gradual. The trouble is getting the “casual” fans to the game. Those “casual” fans only see that we went 4-8 the last two years with Babers. They also see the negative articles that are constantly being pushed out.

If we want to get 40-45K consistently we need the casual fan. To get them, we need to win. We need to be consistently good. Not occasionally great.

You want fans to commit to the program and to fill the Dome?

Then answer the friggin question straight up - "I love it here and this is where I want to be!"

It's that simple. You make your investment in this community clear.

I love the guy but that should be a no-brainer answer - one that CNY fans would appreciate hearing.

I hope he figures that out and stops with the evasive non-answer BS.
Maybe he doesn't want to be stuck in a Nick Saban situation of lying to the fans/media. He may have every intention of finishing his career here, but if someone came calling with an outrageous offer, he would have to consider it. Everyone has a price.

Maybe he doesn't want to be stuck in a Nick Saban situation of lying to the fans/media. He may have every intention of finishing his career here, but if someone came calling with an outrageous offer, he would have to consider it. Everyone has a price.

Lots of reasons to keep cards close to vest. Wouldnt help his contract negotiations to let the bosses know he doesnt want to leave. Wildhack seems like a smart guy. If he is even close to being remotely that, hes talking extension with dino, or has been for awhile.

It is most certainly a factor. One that's consistently brought up by those in and around the program.

The ridiculous money is usually hand in hand with 70K plus stadiums. Not a lot of those out there that are warm weather that will be in need, but a few for sure.

Think this thread is premature. However, in spite of knowing it's early and that anything can happen, I'm not seeing many, if any top jobs, opening this offseason. Would he leave for a lateral move to a place like Maryland or Texas Tech?

Last edited:
Week 4 press conference... tell me I'm just being paranoid ;)
Could we wait until we have put in one winning record before we stress. He is most likely going if he gets the football factory offer ,but that will mean our program is on solid ground.

Honestly, does it really matter? If we win 8 games and have an awesome and veteran DLine, O Line, WR corps, QB (new, but battle tested), RB, and Secondary (and we will), with planned Dome renovations, then we’ll be able to find a hot commodity to coach us. We aren’t in post-HCSS ages of futility, and we’re not a total rebuild. Coaches will want to coach for us.

What!? A hot commodity like Scott Frost or Chip Kelly? Maybe even the FSU coach... all hot commodities. Starting over would be a setback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom