UVA Attendance | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Folks have said the last two games were more FUN than they've had in ages. For the casual, it hasnt been fun in the dome for a long time(terribly disappointing) This team really is FUN to watch. Hopefully word of that gets around.

Being higher ranked in the ACC power standings is a start. If we're 5-0 heading into NC State, with a national ranking on the line? (And pretty please, Game Day) Why wouldnt we get 45k?
Yup. I think long term the experiences being made to improve the fan experience will help too. Casual fans can either watch on TV (in high def, pay nothing, drink their own beer, not wait on lines) or they can make the trek. It has to be worth it for them. An experience is one way of doing it. Shared experience. The fun, etc. Last Saturday is how you get some of those people back.

Fixing the internet, seats, the new scoreboard, etc. are all ways you make it better on folks.

Have they ever explored fixing the concourse backups in the corners too? I'm shocked they've never done little ropes to make the lines snake like they do in other parts of the dome or anywhere else. It creates bottlenecks to get to the bathroom near 117 and it shouldnt happen. People are standing around but there's plenty of space just down the hallway. Drives me insane.

This afternoon the Ticketmaster website shows Sections 313, 314, and 315 as sold out.

I wonder if the students bought up these sections with the $10 ticket offer.

View attachment 220275
Good Chance, they have used those sections for student overflow in the past.

My humble opinion, try to reach out somehow to people who have never been to a game before. For the first couple years while my wife and I were dating she didn’t like how much college football I watched on Saturdays, so I assumed she didn’t like football.

We went to our first game in the Dome last season, lost to WF in OT, bam she was instantly hooked. She was all about getting ST going forward. Now she’s all in and a new Cuse fan. Before this she was not a sports fan and the only sport she likes is Cuse FB.

This is someone who wasn’t even into football before. Now she is legitimately following our FB program, I don’t even have to nudge her. Going to the Dome is a lot of fun, just need to get people in there.

O-O-W makes me think of Clemson. I wouldn't mind O-O-B. That combo is not worn often anywhere in the country. It would make us unique and help with our brand. The color combo below but with better styled Unis (like white numbers and orange pant stripe). Then away we can be O-W-O.

usa_today_10284039.jpg
My god they seemed like such a great idea back then. Now I look at those jerseys and just wanna puke. There so hideous…… back on subject we should start a hashtag , I mean I already posted on my Facebook a screenshot of the ticket prices and my sales pitch. It recieved a pretty well review, no negative comments so we really have made some progress! I honestly just think a lot of people don’t know and aren’t paying attention. Every virgin fan I have brought this year has bought tickets to another game. If you can get them in the door and the crowds are like the other games they’ll be hooked. I mean come on you can get in for the price of a burger!

Last edited:
The Bills train is rolling now too.. I know many who go to that and most just wont commit that many more weekend days to football.

The Bills train is rolling now too.. I know many who go to that and most just wont commit that many more weekend days to football.
The NFL does cut into viewership in the Northeast a lot. Which is why the focus has to be on Dome experience and the value it brings. The average middle class family can swing season tickets for Cuse whereas with the Bills the price would be astronomical.

This afternoon the Ticketmaster website shows Sections 313, 314, and 315 as sold out.

View attachment 220275

That is where the new student overflow section is stationed at.

They sold out their season student sections which is where it says “student seating” on there

So any students that want to buy individual game tickets are put into those sections

It’s 6 Saturdays a year. Sometimes 7. Maybe one Friday night every other year. What’s the issue again?
The casuals need to see a value that overrides the convenience and affordability of sitting on their couch or a friend's couch.

I’ll stick with the front runner theory. I know some and it’s been proven when people say we stink or have stunk so long I’m not going. And I’m not talking about people who don’t go because of their financial situation or kids activities or health reasons etc. Comparing attendance to food is silly.
I think non-diehards want to go to sporting events because they ‘don’t want to miss something great’…and they won’t get that anticipation of missing something big and great…till they actually miss something.

This game doesn’t meet that criteria.

nc state might not either, but win that and it will make ND and FSU must attends.

Yup. I think long term the experiences being made to improve the fan experience will help too. Casual fans can either watch on TV (in high def, pay nothing, drink their own beer, not wait on lines) or they can make the trek. It has to be worth it for them. An experience is one way of doing it. Shared experience. The fun, etc. Last Saturday is how you get some of those people back.

Fixing the internet, seats, the new scoreboard, etc. are all ways you make it better on folks.

Have they ever explored fixing the concourse backups in the corners too? I'm shocked they've never done little ropes to make the lines snake like they do in other parts of the dome or anywhere else. It creates bottlenecks to get to the bathroom near 117 and it shouldnt happen. People are standing around but there's plenty of space just down the hallway. Drives me insane.
Maybe it’s a millennial thing, but I have never heard anyone say “I will not go to an SU football game because they’re Wi-Fi sucks”. They usually say they won’t go because the team sucks.

View attachment 220275
Thats even changed already. 302 is light blue now.

Seems to be trending better than the other two games upper level, but the visitor lower level seems to be worse off than the prior two games

My humble opinion, try to reach out somehow to people who have never been to a game before. For the first couple years while my wife and I were dating she didn’t like how much college football I watched on Saturdays, so I assumed she didn’t like football.

We went to our first game in the Dome last season, lost to WF in OT, bam she was instantly hooked. She was all about getting ST going forward. Now she’s all in and a new Cuse fan. Before this she was not a sports fan and the only sport she likes is Cuse FB.

This is someone who wasn’t even into football before. Now she is legitimately following our FB program, I don’t even have to nudge her. Going to the Dome is a lot of fun, just need to get people in there.
I brought several first timers last week and they had a blast. My buddies wife cuts my hair and she asked me today when we were going again. Looks like we will have a group for NC State. They have been to several NFL games and she said that the Cuse game was on another level. The exact word she used was “intense.” Made me happy to hear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom