Ville wins by 15+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ville wins by 15+

This game is nuts. 4-OT ...

It had better not go to 6OT.
ND in 4OT will do.

has a guy ever scored double digits after not playing in regulation?

Sherman looks pretty damn fresh...

Sherman...I could find a spot for him on our roster.

this is the most amazing performance I have seen by a guy who averaged like 3 minutes and 0.5 points a game and then drops 14 after checking in after regulation.

that tip was crazy

this is the most amazing performance I have seen by a guy who averaged like 3 minutes and 0.5 points a game and then drops 14 after checking in after regulation.

that tip was crazy

It's good to see that happen to another team, especially Louisville, (Mr. Irrelvant comes off the bench and plays like an All-American).

And how about the ref that did the Marquette-DePaul game this afternoon and was asked to drive to South Bend because a ref couldn't make it there because of the East Coast storm. That guy wound up refing 105 minutes of basketball.

Yes, it would be cool. And it makes sense.

I've always thought that, since it's a "brand new ball game", anyone who has fouled out can come back in with a limit of one foul per OT.

Another "outside the box" thought: maybe if you get fouled, that should subtract one from your total? (OK, OK. I'll climb back in the box now.)

Another "outside the box" thought: maybe if you get fouled, that should subtract one from your total? (OK, OK. I'll climb back in the box now.)[/quote]

Welcome to "Flopball".

I've always thought that, since it's a "brand new ball game", anyone who has fouled out can come back in with a limit of one foul per OT.

I think this is a pretty good idea.

I wouldn't do it quite like that, because the idea that a guy could be saved from a dq over and over because his team gets another overtime seems to promote the kind of basketball you don't really want to promote. Could you imagine Pitt or Craft in that kind of scenario? Plus, the ratio is off - an extra foul per 5 minute OT would equate to an 8 foul limit in regulation.

In the interests of letting teams put their best roster forward to compete in over time while maintaining some integrity around disqualification I would endorse a blanket policy where the foul limit increases to 6 at the beginning of OT. A player that had been dqed in regulation with 5 fouls can come back in, and a player that ended regulation with 4 fouls would need 2 more for a dq, and so on. But this only happens once. Additional over times don't matter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hadn't thought about it like that. There are so few multi-OT games that it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I hear that.

In the interests of letting teams put their best roster forward to compete in over time while maintaining some integrity around disqualification I would endorse a blanket policy where the foul limit increases to 6 at the beginning of OT. A player that had been dqed in regulation with 5 fouls can come back in

What about slightly modifying this and saying that if the game goes to OT, if you haven't fouled out yet, then you would get six fouls? So if you foul out in regulation, then you can't come back in, but if you make it to OT, you get an extra foul. There is something weird to me about being fouled out of a game and then getting to come back in.

Hadn't thought about it like that. There are so few multi-OT games that it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I hear that.

What about slightly modifying this and saying that if the game goes to OT, if you haven't fouled out yet, then you would get six fouls? So if you foul out in regulation, then you can't come back in, but if you make it to OT, you get an extra foul. There is something weird to me about being fouled out of a game and then getting to come back in.
Yeah, I'm not consistent on this, because I do like the idea of one get out of jail free card, just not a bunch of them.

Watching this, it would be cool if players were granted a 6th foul once a game goes to OT.

I'll disagree on the basis that I think it's cooler to watch 2nd/3rd stringers & even walk-ons play meaningful minutes. I imagine every once in a while there's some Div. 3 team that's forced down to 4 players in a multi-OT game on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom