Virginia Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

So they've pretty much assured a game down in Ithaca if they even make the tournament.

I feel like we are Virginia in the waning years of Starsia. Its just gone stale.

That was awful, so sick of every god dame game being a one goal soul crusher either way. Time to shake up the staff, enough is enough

Of course those 2 pipes and the Dearth lazy ass gb comes back to haunt us. Same crap every week.

That was awful, so sick of every god dame game being a one goal soul crusher either way. Time to shake up the staff, enough is enough
The reason SU plays so many one goal games is because they have very average talent. And, that's on Desko.

Nothing about this program is good enough right now. The sloppiness, and lack of awareness displayed this year is incredible. Some real What moments for sure.

Come on, people. Don't overreact. Desko won a championship in 2009. There is just so much parity now. Sure, maybe our staff likes to relax in the summer and maybe they are a little complacent about phone calls and emails to recruits but this is SU and recruits should be begging us to come here. Besides, the coaching staff means well and they won a championship in 2009 and that is not even a decade ago. SU is not in the business of firing head coaches and we just need to be a little more patient because this staff clearly understands the importance of face offs and this team clearly has shown enormous improvement in the slide packages and EMO's over the course of the year and they always show superlative end of quarter and end of game strategies and they are so solid with fundamentals plus Desko won a championship in 2009 for Zeus sakes!

Nothing new here

Am I the only one that gets more frustrated with Cuse lax than any other team? And the only thing more frustrating than tonight's loss will be a first round exit in tourney, if we're lucky. Whoever made the UVA/Starsia comparison with Desko right now is spot on.

Am I the only one that gets more frustrated with Cuse lax than any other team? And the only thing more frustrating than tonight's loss will be a first round exit in tourney, if we're lucky. Whoever made the UVA/Starsia comparison with Desko right now is spot on.

Not even making the tournament will be more frustrating.

18-6 pounding at the X or something like that. Brutal...that was a huge factor. UVA goalie also made a lot more saves than ours...something like 7-8 or so. Those were the two most significant shortcomings...Their goalie/UVA was also quite fortunate with all them late pipe hits...That field was a joke too. I know it affects both teams, but in an ACC tourney setting, just a poor display of UVA's turf management/grounds department or what have you.

Faceoffs:

Virginia 18, Syracuse 7.

There's your ballgame.

Can't score without the ball.

Hell, we can't score WITH the ball.

Pretty sure we’ll improve in many areas next year. But I wonder about faceoffs. Big area of concern.

Faceoffs:

Virginia 18, Syracuse 7.

There's your ballgame.

Can't score without the ball.

Hell, we can't score WITH the ball.

Yet Martin took zero draws. Varello has been a huge disappointment this year. Ben Williams was so under appreciated here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom