Virginia Game... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game...

and an 8 hour bus ride
thats a shame.gif

What happened to Quinn? He scored those early goals and then never seemed to play again. Did he get hurt?

Yup, next 3 games SU will be huge favorites save for maybe SB who has a high powered O and even then we will be significantly favored. Need to sweep those
Hopefully, it means nothing to the Lax game, but the SU men's soccer game with UVm scheduled for 3/1 has been canceled due to COVID protocols.

Just something to watch.

Well that was completely unexpected. I was expecting a better showing than last week, and maybe a 15-13 game. I was not expecting the defense to hold them to 10 goals, and scoreless for the last ~20 minutes. All aspects looked much better. Kinda felt like they were trying too hard to mimic Virginia against Army and just didn't play their brand of lacrosse. Whatever was said this past week, whether it came from the coaches or the players themselves, sunk in. As always there are things to clean up but I'm a happy fan tonight.

I 100% agree. But why didn’t he keep playing?
I was joking before, but in all seriousness Desko( and March) were switching up the second midfield a lot. I guess they were just trying to find the best match-ups. They were running inverts and don't think that's Quinn's best option, he seems most comfortable up top.

I was joking before, but in all seriousness Desko( and March) were switching up the second midfield a lot. I guess they were just trying to find the best match-ups. They were running inverts and don't think that's Quinn's best option, he seems most comfortable up top.

Ran the same deal with Curry and Owen, UVA never really adjusted

Makes sense. But at the same time, having a dynamic shooter up top would, in theory, either slow down the slides to pick up the inverted dodger or it would provide a forward outlet for the inverted dodger that could be turned into a step down.

Obviously, it all worked out.

MVP, for me, should go to Phaup, kid was terrific the entire game, even though some of those face offs were absolutely grueling.

One of the single best defensive performances I have seen in some time, guys were absolutely flying and playing like their hair was on fire. The term “they wanted it more” gets thrown around far too much, but in this case it was absolutely true. Even late in the 4th quarter they swarmed Virginia players who shrank from the action. Hope they can keep this level of play up.

Lots of flack for Scanlan but I thought he made one of the nights biggest plays - uva had the ball to start the third quarter because of the botched man up opp, but he forced a quick turnover on the ride and SU quickly scored. Really felt at that moment Cuse could pull it off. He’s strangely struggling with the short stick, but have to imagine it’s just a matter of time before he figures it out.

MVP, for me, should go to Phaup, kid was terrific the entire game, even though some of those face offs were absolutely grueling.

One of the single best defensive performances I have seen in some time, guys were absolutely flying and playing like their hair was on fire. The term “they wanted it more” gets thrown around far too much, but in this case it was absolutely true. Even late in the 4th quarter they swarmed Virginia players who shrank from the action. Hope they can keep this level of play up.

Lots of flack for Scanlan but I thought he made one of the nights biggest plays - uva had the ball to start the third quarter because of the botched man up opp, but he forced a quick turnover on the ride and SU quickly scored. Really felt at that moment Cuse could pull it off. He’s strangely struggling with the short stick, but have to imagine it’s just a matter of time before he figures it out.
Agree with you about Phaup. Keeping the ball away from UVA was critical.

Spiciest Curry served yet this year.

As much as I prefer 22 to be the leading scorer he caused 2-3 big turnovers on the ride.

I’m betting he’ll get his scoring figured out in due time.

Hiltz...what a crafty rookie.

Dearth manhandled Moore and Drake reverted to form.

There really wasn’t anything else an SU fan could’ve wanted today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom