Wagner Game Day Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Wagner Game Day Thread

Three bad snaps on that series.

Still worried about FSU talent. We can’t run the ball. I don’t think our WRs will really scare them. We’ll get some short stuff and dink ‘n dunk stuff. We’ll need a Herculean effort from Dungey with his legs and for the DL to control things into a possible slobberknocker like the PHI/ATL game to have a chance. If the DL can’t have success then their playmakers will score. Still lots of talent there.

Fair assessment. I think that FSU wats to run a similar offense and we are two years ahead of them. Their defense is not used to it yet and if we get the number of plays we want, we have a real chance. The Seminoles are still adjusting to the offense and will not wear down our defense, like the offense is designed to do.

Regardless, teams are going to stop the run up the middle and force runs to the outside and the short passing game. The team is designed for that kind of game. ED excels in that type of game.

FSU should be favored but SU should have a chance.

Who said QB? I was talking about Szmyt's Heisman campaign. Oh, and by the way, Dungey is a Heisman candidate, he's not a favorite, but he's in the conversation.
You obviously don't follow the award. If Dungey wins 9-10 games this year he's in the conversation. Not because he has gaudy stats vs WMU and Wagner.

random fact :
The annual tuition and living expense budget to go to Wagner College was $60,375 for the 2015/2016 academic year. The cost is the same for all students regardless of New York residence status as there is no in-state discount.

Would like to see the other LBs get on the field tbh

Was anyone in doubt with the WMU game? I wasn't. The coaches know more about their players than we give them credit.

I think you replied about two things I never said. I never said the WMU was in doubt, although the perception of letting that game get super close isn't great had the score continued to get closer. I also never said the coaches don't know the players, I think it would be silly to think the coaches don't know the players very well. I'm not sure anyone ever, has ever alluded to that on here.

The question though, is, should TD have stayed in the game for as long as he did the 1st game and not get into the game until much later against Wagner. It's more than fair to think that the backup QB should play more minutes against an inferior team and less minutes against a better team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom