Wagner Game Day Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Wagner Game Day Thread

I think you replied about two things I never said. I never said the WMU was in doubt, although the perception of letting that game get super close isn't great had the score continued to get closer. I also never said the coaches don't know the players, I think it would be silly to think the coaches don't know the players very well. I'm not sure anyone ever, has ever alluded to that on here.

The question though, is, should TD have stayed in the game for as long as he did the 1st game and not get into the game until much later against Wagner. It's more than fair to think that the backup QB should play more minutes against an inferior team and less minutes against a better team.

Your arguments prove my points. HCDB is in control and knew when to pull TD and put ED back in during the WMU game. And in today's game, HCDB is stressing to the 1s that they cannot let up because of a change at QB, they must have intensity when they leave the locker room. Most likely, this is a lesson HCDB didn't think would be necessary considering the team records the past two seasons but the way the team as a whole got complacent, he probably is using this game to make the statement before he leads them into ACC play.

Granted, this is my opinion, but it is a credible as your opinion. I will concede that your POV is the standard "common sense" view, but HCDB is not about common sense and about stats, knowing the kids, and believing in the kids, teaching the kids, etc. The truth is, you and I can step in and follow common sense and we would coach the game the same way. HCDB is about shifting paradigms.

Tommy seems a little juiced for live action. And we can just be known as kicker U from here on out.

1-5? Not what we signed u...

Sorry. I’ll stop. I like the kid. Going to be a stud

Hope that one poster can cool his jets a bit though.

Your arguments prove my points. HCDB is in control and knew when to pull TD and put ED back in during the WMU game. And in today's game, HCDB is stressing to the 1s that they cannot let up because of a change at QB, they must have intensity when they leave the locker room. Most likely, this is a lesson HCDB didn't think would be necessary considering the team records the past two seasons but the way the team as a whole got complacent, he probably is using this game to make the statement before he leads them into ACC play.

Granted, this is my opinion, but it is a credible as your opinion. I will concede that your POV is the standard "common sense" view, but HCDB is not about common sense and about stats, knowing the kids, and believing in the kids, teaching the kids, etc. The truth is, you and I can step in and follow common sense and we would coach the game the same way. HCDB is about shifting paradigms.

Like you said, just difference in opinion. Neither right or wrong.

I don't think HCDB is about shifting paradigms any more than other coaches. There are a tons of coaches around the country whose fan bases would say their coach is about shifting paradigms. I think HCDB is a good coach and I appreciate he sticks to his coaching philosophy and there are a lot of coaches around the country doing the same thing.

And in today's game, HCDB is stressing to the 1s that they cannot let up because of a change at QB, they must have intensity when they leave the locker room. Most likely, this is a lesson HCDB didn't think..

exactly how does that lesson apply when you don't pull your #1 and then shuffle the line for the #2 ?

Like you said, just difference in opinion. Neither right or wrong.

I don't think HCDB is about shifting paradigms any more than other coaches. There are a tons of coaches around the country whose fan bases would say their coach is about shifting paradigms. I think HCDB is a good coach and I appreciate he sticks to his coaching philosophy and there are a lot of coaches around the country doing the same thing.

Agree with that assessment., HCDB believes in his philosophy. The paradigm I am referring to is the "take what a defense gives you" paradigm as opposed to the B1G philosophy of "3-yards and a cloud of dust," ironically being blown up by tOSU and their former SEC coach. Regardless, I respect your observations, you know football better than I do. I simply disagree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom