Washington needs more run | Syracusefan.com

Washington needs more run

Well he played too good in the 1st half and we can't have that.

That would only create controversy and people would be calling for the benching of frank to get Washington into the game...oh wait some of us have been screaming at the tv for that to happen recently anyways! Not gunna hate on frank too much cuz he has been pretty darn good this year for us but the last game and spurts of this one it's like watching last year!

In one of the after game press conferences last year, JB said he uses the players he needs to win the game he is playing.

He doesn't care about giving players playing time to develop for later in the year. He coaches to win the game in front of him.

Washington has played okay in spurts against bad teams. On this, I will take JB's word that his play isn't ready at this time for prime time.
Which, I kind of get. On the same token... Washington may get ready for prime time by playing afternoon games against OOC tomato cans.

I know this is one of the classic Boeheim debates. It's not going anywhere.

Washington has played okay in spurts against bad teams. On this, I will take JB's word that his play isn't ready at this time for prime time.
Don't think Colgate is prime time. Needs to get his reps. No excuse for not playing him two or three minutes in each half. Opportunities will evaporate when we hit conference play.

Team made their run in 1st half when he was in the game along Marek at Center but don't tell JB that.

Im curious to see how often that will work. Im glad we had Colgate today, and do see the benefit of a high cupcake diet early on to be able to test out more plans that initially look like emergency measures.

In one of the after game press conferences last year, JB said he uses the players he needs to win the game he is playing.

He doesn't care about giving players playing time to develop for later in the year. He coaches to win the game in front of him.
so he's like myopic . nearsighted ? lacking foresight ?

I'm not comfortable with how anyone played defense today.. This quote is laughable IMO.
yeah holding the best 3pt shooting team in the country under 60 pts is horrible
(not that I think we did a particularly good job of consistently finding their shooters)

This has only been his approach for 42 seasons.

Well then, let's give the team a cookie. They held Colgate to 58 points. Colgate also bled the clock and got whatever 3 point look they wanted.
And it cost us big time. This team had a 17 pt lead against B.C.. We have 8 guys. 5 are freshman. Another is a soph and another hasn't played in two years. We are doing okay. And we will get better. And, it's tough to stop a team from getting some looks from 3 when that is all they want.

And it cost us big time. This team had a 17 pt lead against B.C.. We have 8 guys. 5 are freshman. Another is a soph and another hasn't played in two years. We are doing okay. And we will get better. And, it's tough to stop a team from getting some looks from 3 when that is all they want.
Games like this are just very frustrating.

The only way a team like Colgate stays with us is by getting open threes and bleeding clock. We allow teams to do this..all the time.

It's also worrisome because kids grow up wanting to be like Steph. The zone can still be effective because if you give up the mid-range, that is now the shot nobody practices. However, we don't seem willing to do that yet Hop beat Kansas with that adjustment in his first year as HC.

He actually impressed me against Kansas. Looked very confident, not afraid to take a couple 3s (yes he missed them)

He impressed me more in those few minutes against Kansas than Thorpe did in every game he played

He actually impressed me against Kansas. Looked very confident, not afraid to take a couple 3s (yes he missed them)

He impressed me more in those few minutes against Kansas than Thorpe did in every game he played
Thorpe was hurt. Or did you not know that. The guy with the 1000 wins, he was more impressed with Thorpe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom