Washington v Gonzaga | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v Gonzaga

I loved Van Exel

Way back I saw Van Exel play twice in the Dome for the Cincinnati team that eventually lost in the RF to Obvious National Champion North Carolina (in OT). I think it was Dean Smith's last hurrah. Jesus now I'm goin' all Walton rambles in a thread about a former head coach in waiting from a game 26 years ago. Sweet.

Hop and Few are prolly my two favorite coaches. That end of game sportsmanship line pretty much sealed it.

We have one guy who would start at Washington... That’s sad.

Lets see how it all plays out. Hop has all the talent he could ask for. He’s rolling out three 5 star players. There is no reason they don’t do significantly better than us in regular season and in NCAA’s. If for some reason that doesn’t occur then perhaps Jimmy’s coaching might have something to do with it.
Cuse

Lets see how it all plays out. Hop has all the talent he could ask for. He’s rolling out three 5 star players. There is no reason they don’t do significantly better than us in regular season and in NCAA’s. If for some reason that doesn’t occur then perhaps Jimmy’s coaching might have something to do with it.
Cuse

Were you eating sour grapes while you were raking your leaves? One win over GT and your trying to discredit a team who has 5 new starters against Gonzaga.

I couldn't imagine what Stewart would do to us underneath. He'd probably score 40.

Were you eating sour grapes while you were raking your leaves? One win over GT and your trying to discredit a team who has 5 new starters against Gonzaga.

I couldn't imagine what Stewart would do to us underneath. He'd probably score 40.

just having some fun. I’m rooting for Hop and thought they would get the win at home. However, only mentioning that Washington is clearly more talented than us this year. All credit to Hop for out recruiting us. If Washington doesn’t do better than Cuse then it is fair to critique Hop and give some coaching credit to Boeheim.
Cuse!

UCLA just beat UW on the road, to improve to 8-6.

Stewart is a man child, but I don’t see it with the rest of the squad

UW were sloppy and undisciplined at times and got hammered on the boards, minus-11 in offensive rebounds.

Hmmn, sound familiar?

Stewart is a beast, we would be very good with him. McDaniels has fouls worse than Marek. Carter is athletic and has some bright spots. The rest of the team is not good... JG3 > Quade.

On the last defensive possession Hop went with the center Timmins and Stewart at the same time probably for length and rebounding. Horrible decision because they haven’t played together at all and the closeout by Timmins was awful which led to a game winning three.

Fans are starting to turn on Hop. I don’t think he deserves it, but he didn’t have his best coaching game today. Made a critical error in going zone with a backup big on the last possession which led to an open 3 by a guy who was on fire all night.

UW is talented but way too sloppy. Stewart and Green look good. McDaniels looks like a mess, he has been terrible except for a couple games. He fouled out with 15 minutes to go in the game, and picked up a tech on the bench in the first half for his fourth foul. Kid has some growing up to do fast.

Probably the best part of you guys losing out on Hop is you didn’t get Wright. One of the worst offensive players in D1. He is shooting sub 30% for his second consecutive season and struggles to score more than 5 points when he plays 30 minutes a game.

Fans are starting to turn on Hop. I don’t think he deserves it, but he didn’t have his best coaching game today. Made a critical error in going zone with a backup big on the last possession which led to an open 3 by a guy who was on fire all night.

UW is talented but way too sloppy. Stewart and Green look good. McDaniels looks like a mess, he has been terrible except for a couple games. He fouled out with 15 minutes to go in the game, and picked up a tech on the bench in the first half for his fourth foul. Kid has some growing up to do fast.

Probably the best part of you guys losing out on Hop is you didn’t get Wright. One of the worst offensive players in D1. He is shooting sub 30% for his second consecutive season and struggles to score more than 5 points when he plays 30 minutes a game.

we never really went hard after Wright, but thankfully so. The two bigger loses were obviously Stewart and Roberts.

UCLA is terrible. Bad loss by Hop. Out played and out coached. It will be interesting to see if he can get this team playing to it’s potential by March.

The important thing here is not whether he won the game or not, but how many guys he put into the game. Washington might have lost the game on the scoreboard, but they played 11 guys. This is what it’s all about. DEVELOP that BENCH for the FUTURE!

Made a critical error in going zone with a backup big on the last possession which led to an open 3 by a guy who was on fire all night.
IMO, this is probably the single worst thing that results from playing zone. You can't double the hot shooter when the game is on the line. The zone is great for limiting 3P percentage over the full game, but it doesn't always prevent a good shooter from getting a good look. There's a reason why Syracuse seems to always give up a last second three.

I watched most of last night's debacle against a bad UCLA team and the game against Houston.

My observations-Stewart is dominant on both ends of the court and a man among boys. He would be a complete game changer for SU or any team in the country. It appears that he still needs to improve his fitness/endurance. Green is decent but definitely not worth his high recruiting rankings coming out of HS. He had some selfish shots in the Houston game and cost UW the game. Wright is not very good and belongs on the bench. Carter has some bounce. The wild card for me is Mcdaniels as I have not seen much of him. I thought he was a top 10 recruit? He was obviously in foul trouble last night but is he living up to his hype?

Bad loss for UW at home.

Stewart is a beast, we would be very good with him. McDaniels has fouls worse than Marek. Carter is athletic and has some bright spots. The rest of the team is not good... JG3 > Quade.

On the last defensive possession Hop went with the center Timmins and Stewart at the same time probably for length and rebounding. Horrible decision because they haven’t played together at all and the closeout by Timmins was awful which led to a game winning three.
Good point on Quade - i do not and have never seen the genius of his game. At UK or now at UW.

McDaniels is one of the most immature undisciplined players I've ever seen, the level is so high it almost matches his talent. He had 3 fouls sitting on the bench in the first half and then threw the ball after a whistle at a UCLA player and got a T and his 4th all before the second half. Think he played 4 minutes in the second. That was the game changer, losing a talent like that for 16 minutes in the second half isn't going to win them many games.

The wild card for me is Mcdaniels as I have not seen much of him. I thought he was a top 10 recruit? He was obviously in foul trouble last night but is he living up to his hype?

Bad loss for UW at home.

McDaniels has been so-so. His best move might be to just get an agent and train for the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom