We didn't get beat by the refs tonight ... | Syracusefan.com

We didn't get beat by the refs tonight ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
we got beat by Duke's defense, which outplayed our offense for most of the game. I'm more concerned about what other teams will take from watching this game, that we're beatable when other teams put good defensive players up in the grill of our guys.

That's why we got beat.

we got beat by Duke's defense, which outplayed our offense for most of the game. I'm more concerned about what other teams will take from watching this game, that we're beatable when other teams put good defensive players up in the grill of our guys.

That's why we got beat.

Eh, I thought they allowed too much in the first half with regards to bodying the ball handler and impeding drives to the rim. They seemed to pay a bit more attention to it in the second half and presto, our offense got better.

After watching the game, the team's effort (even with foul trouble on our centers), and JB's fire, I'm actually more confident in them now than when they were undefeated. I say this is a rallying point. We lose a battle but win the war sort of coming together moment.

After watching the game, the team's effort (even with foul trouble on our centers), and JB's fire, I'm actually more confident in them now than when they were undefeated. I say this is a rallying point. We lose a battle but win the war sort of coming together moment.

I like that call :)

Cowtown, you're pretty much completely the wrong guy to be making a statement like that.

I'm not even saying I disagree with you, just... wrong guy, wrong time.

You're entitled to your opinion. And with respect to your point about timing, you don't want to know what I really think I saw, which I've refrained from posting here tonight. And anyone who didn't see how good Duke's D was, and how it intimidated our players and made them tentative - especially Ennis (whom I quite like, btw) - should reconsider.

That's why we got beat.
...and the refs. They lost the game for us too. Can't forget about them. :noidea:

That's why we got beat.

Seriously, just Adios the board tonight.

We have had 3 games in a row now where we had a bunch of chippies roll in and out. 37% shooting tonight after the last two games.
Today probably 5-6 plays that should have been and ones and weren't on top of it. And Cooney has been off for 3 straight games now.

1 Plus side is Rak and Gbinije are really coming along. Makes me wonder.

Duke played a terrific defensive game, there's no doubt. Now, how much was them getting away with a little? Quite a bit. That said, at home for them, I get it, I know they can get away with that. The end was a joke.

Also, this game kind of reminded me of playing Louisville with that press - except it really only started in the front court. But they just harassed Ennis all game long and really made it tough on him, much like Louisville has done to us. Since we don't usually have a lot of depth in general, it's tough to counter that.

That's why we got beat.
wait, did you miss the part where cj made a shot that should have been "and-one" to take the lead...but was called a bs charge?

imo, We didn't get beat by Duke today either. It was anybodys game despite the one sided handchecking and bumping by duke all game long with not one and one for a team that pounds it insdie like syracuse. Not one.

Love what JB did one loss @ duke doesn't mean all that much shows he has passion for his team and he gets fed up with getting the short end of the stick.

Bottom line we missed about 10 layups; that is what cost us the game. Make half those bunnies and we are not talking about refs. Although they were very bad.

we got beat by Duke's defense, which outplayed our offense for most of the game. I'm more concerned about what other teams will take from watching this game, that we're beatable when other teams put good defensive players up in the grill of our guys.That's why we got beat.

couldnt agree more. we are going to win the acc now

Oh...oh...oh...really??? Bonehead

If you and the guy that makes a point of telling everyone he's a ref think that coming on the board immediately after that loss and telling us it wasn't the refs fault is a good idea...not really sure what to tell you except timing matters and yours sucks. Badly.

Eh, I thought they allowed too much in the first half with regards to bodying the ball handler and impeding drives to the rim. They seemed to pay a bit more attention to it in the second half and presto, our offense got better.

Yeah, I didn't have as much of an issue with bodying the ball handler - I just thought they were aggressive and overplaying. I didn't think they were fouling much. I did think they should have been called a bunch for impeding drives to the rim. Once the guard turns the corner you can't just push them out of their path. That was nonsense. The one time Plumlee came out and slammed into Cooney for a non-call seemed pretty hilarious.

I was shocked out how flustered Ennis, Cooney, and Fair seemed though. Ugh.

That's why we got beat.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is Cowcrap;).

Sorry, that is just flat out wrong. If that is good defense then College BB is in trouble.

The refs that called a BS block on G? The refs that called the SAME thing a charge on CJ? The ones that didn't call an OBVIOUS foul on a Rak dunk that would've given us a free throw to tie the game? The one call that went out way was the phantom flagrant on a fastbreak.

Predictable bullsht. If you miss a layup it's not the refs fault. These posts are so predictable

Adios!!!
image.jpg

The refs that called a BS block on G? The refs that called the SAME thing a charge on CJ? The ones that didn't call an OBVIOUS foul on a Rak dunk that would've given us a free throw to tie the game? The one call that went out way was the phantom flagrant on a fastbreak.
exactly - it's a call you can live with if it's consistently called within the same game
the block call on G was a whole lot more obvious a charge (although not called that way) than the call on CJ. In fact, CJ slid to the side avoiding direct contact for either a no call or a blocking call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom