We Live Rent Free in BC | Syracusefan.com

We Live Rent Free in BC

Some interesting takes

Yes SU has a staff of less experience dudes in the key spots
But also recruiting is recruiting and SU has a staff of better recruiters than BC

2 yrs ago BC was ahead of SU in recruiting by a nice chunk
3 yrs ago BC was ahead of SU by a nice chunk

then last yr SU jumped by a nice chunk

Play on the field comment.. Wyo knows.. But there is a path to 9 wins for SU this year and a path to 3 wins for BC if they dont get off to a good start.

Is Upton to BC the real thing?

We will know about the McCord comments by the time the schedule gets real.

LOL.

BC is 95th in the 247 ratings for 2025 football recruiting. Syracuse is 37th.

I suggest they set their sites on peer schools like UB, UConn and UMass.

Viva Mexico Art GIF

LOL.

BC is 95th in the 247 ratings for 2025 football recruiting. Syracuse is 37th.

I suggest they set their sites on peer schools like UB, UConn and UMass.

Like I have always said, UConn should be the school the ACC should lock in next.

Sure, it's easier to recruit at Georgia than Syracuse but Georgia is still competing for national championships against elite programs. Kirby Smart isn't handing out those Coordinator/Position coach jobs to just anyone. You have to be qualified and I'm sure HCFB was qualified for the DBs job.

The host also seems to place too much emphasis on having coaching experience. Having experience is good, but it's more important that a coach adapts and grows with experience. All the names he listed have been the same coaches they were 10 years ago.

It may not work out long term with HCFB and co. but I think SU has more potential as a program than BC does.

Didn’t know that’s where Tim Lewis was. Little tidbit, but Tim was in the final 4 interviews when we hired Grob.

Wow. That sounded like a guy grasping at straws. Academics is what will win them recruiting battles over Syracuse!? Like Bill O’Brien and Doug Marrone will let good football players take courses in quantum physics? BTW, I don’t really know what programs BC is known for, but it isn’t STEM, so I don’t know why he mentioned engineering and science. I believe it is known for economics, finance and government (I know they also have some journalism notoriety). We offer broadcast journalism, sports management, along with some of those other programs, like government, where Maxwell doesn’t take a back seat to many, that negate a lot of that argument as it pertains to collegiate football prospects.

Discipline!? Fran and co. have not been seen instilling a higher level of discipline and accountability? Community engagement!? Fran isn’t leading by example here? The team isn’t engaged in community outreach!?

I really love that he makes fun of pictures in front of cars (I have seldom if ever seen any pic come out of a BC OV) and says that may work for superficial recruits that lack character. Does he not realize that HCFB is showing them what is possible if you dedicate yourself to the process at Syracuse? Kids many of whom have never seen things like this? That we are creating a scenario of senior day, giving a rose to your family, and seeing money and cars that you put in the effort to enable? Saying‘Syracuse can get you there’? Then he parades “stealing” our best commit. One that potentially lacked the character to honor his commitment. One that has his own pictures with cars. Seems a better tactic to show them nothing to build a dream from?

they should focus on women’s lacrosse and men's ice hockey, the only sports they are good at. They are cellar dwellers in everything else.

Bill O'Brien chose to associate himself with institutionally enabled abuse of children, so his words are meaningless, and I'll see him in Hell.

He’s a weird dude who has made a whole lot of questionable decisions in his career. When he signed with Penn State, he had a clause which added years automatically for every year of sanctions - so he effectively had an eight year contract which is unbelievable stability for a football coach. And some of the talk he made when he signed with BC was he doesn’t plan on going anywhere because he wants stability for his family.

But he was trying to beat feet out of Happy Valley as fast as he could; he interviewed with the Browns and Eagles in January 2013 and jumped to the Texans the following year. That doesn’t seem like a guy who values stability.

Admittedly I’m guessing, but he seems like a guy who gets easily frustrated and makes questionable, emotion-driven decisions (see: Hopkins trade) - that doesn’t seem like the ideal personality for a coach at a school with as many built in challenges as BC. He probably wants to be Mr. Reliable, and might have even convinced himself he can be - but he’s not wired to be that type of coach.

There’s a fair chance this hire blows up on BC. I’m hoping it does.

He’s a weird dude who has made a whole lot of questionable decisions in his career. When he signed with Penn State, he had a clause which added years automatically for every year of sanctions - so he effectively had an eight year contract which is unbelievable stability for a football coach. And some of the talk he made when he signed with BC was he doesn’t plan on going anywhere because he wants stability for his family.

But he was trying to beat feet out of Happy Valley as fast as he could; he interviewed with the Browns and Eagles in January 2013 and jumped to the Texans the following year. That doesn’t seem like a guy who values stability.

Admittedly I’m guessing, but he seems like a guy who gets easily frustrated and makes questionable, emotion-driven decisions (see: Hopkins trade) - that doesn’t seem like the ideal personality for a coach at a school with as many built in challenges as BC. He probably wants to be Mr. Reliable, and might have even convinced himself he can be - but he’s not wired to be that type of coach.

I just remember an interview he did with Mike and Mike after taking the Penn State job that convinced me he just didn't get it, and that Penn State hadn't changed at all. He said something to the effect of how Penn State fans shouldn't feel bad about missing a bowl because they were trying to schedule some nice warm weather away games toward the end of the season to give their fans the destination travel experience anyway.

I don't even remember if they successfully did that. Don't care. That program should have been buried. He had nothing to do with what happened there, but he made himself a part of it by glossing over it.

I don't respect him.

Like I really care what some nasally nerd from Boston thinks about anything. Not wasting 30 seconds of my life listening to that.

You have two tennis players.

Player A: Just entered his 30s. Was a regular at all the grand slams with 3rd-4th round finishes. Had a regression and had to play the challenger events. Finally has another opportunity to play at the grand slam events again and redeem himself and I guess do better the second time around. How often though do we see someone outperform there first prime during a second prime. How often do we see a second prime?

Player B: Just turned 18 years old. Had all the best training and coaches growing up. Seems that he may be destined for a lot of success, but you don’t really know until you see it. He has been really successful on the junior tour and only highly regarded up until this point by the media and peers.

Player A is Bill O’Brien and Player B is Fran Brown.

I have a lot of respect for what Doug did for the program while he was here, but one thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was Doug prioritizing his relationship with BOB over the opportunity to improve our roster with PSU players.

A year after Doug leaves, BOB was poaching our recruits.

Never liked that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom