We lose tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We lose tomorrow

I know earlier this year they were pretty ticked about the way Seton Hall handled them last season. I expect they'll be fired up for this game just like they were for the Hall.

But...I'm usually almost always wrong...practically.

We're well on our way, but there's no way it's a guarantee. If we lose @ Louisville, @ UConn and in the BET, we'll be competing with a number of other teams for 1 seeds.

If that were to happen, we'd be better off as the 2 seed in the east vs a 1 someplace else.

As far as the game goes, it has little to do with the players wanting to win -- you don't think our guys haven't been bugged the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th times they lost to Pitino in their careers? Why all of a sudden should this really be any different? Boeheim has lost to average Louisville teams, good L'ville teams, and great L'ville teams. SU has been average, good, and great (2010) in that stretch and the outcome has always been consistent.

It's a matter of Pitino knowing JB's weak points better than anyone else in the business. Not sure if JB expects to take the same approach every time against Pitino and get different results - but it sure seems that way. SU gets stops = no L'ville full court pressure + we get in transition. We're not going to outshoot their personnel.

But if things go according to the script, we'll hear JB say we didn't make enough shots.

Our record against the Ville sucks but this will light a fire in our belly to allow us to win the BE tourney and the NCAA tourney. Mark my words. Tomorrow means little keep our sights on the championships.
I'd rather win out the regular season and lose in the 2nd rd of the BE tourney (if we have to lose) and get some rest before THE championship.

We have not fared well in the Dance after winning a BE tourney. (maybe depth will help this year). But I want the win on their new court bad!

We already have the 1 seed.
Not so fast...

We secure a 1 seed with a Regular Season Title. Otherwise, I don't trust the committee to respect Syracuse enough...

what a losers mentality. what kind of fan wants thier team to lose. How bout we win tommorrow and win out the regular season. Win the BE tournament, and then go to the Tournament and win the Championship.

I would have to agree. I don't care how bad a felling I have about how my team is going to play or what they have done against a team in the past, but I will never say that I think they will lose going in. My heart will "always" win out. I actually believe in my heart and head that our guys are extremely hungry and will win tonight by at least 15. I also see a great performance from Scoop and KJo.

If Syracuse wins tomorrow, and that's a big if, I do not believe they will lose the rest of the regular season.

But keep in mind, since Louisville has joined the Big East, Syracuse is 1-7 against them, and has lost 7 straight.

Its time to bend over slick Rick and the boys! This ends tonight!

LGO

Tomorrow means a lot to me. Beating these f'ers on their home floor is something I know I want to see as well as the players. A win tomorrow all but clinches a #1 seed, Pittsburgh and Boston pods as well as the regular season BE title.

We WILL win tomorrow.

+1

Agree with marsh, if ever there was a regular season game that meant a ton this would be it. If we go in and beat Lville on their court I would say that would be a huge win. I am one that puts very little merit on anything in college hoops other than the tournament but this would be a big win for many reasons

I think 02esq is right n this one - there are certain coaches in the league that are very good at preparing their teams for facing the zone - Pitino is # 1 in that regard. Seven straight losses to them isn't a fluke - especially at their place - I'm expecting a loss but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Louisville is now the only Big East team we haven't beaten while I've been at SU. I want this one bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the team has as much motivation and spirit as everyone on this board!
Cuse win 78-67, and get the monkey completely off their back by beating both Pitt and UL as well as the little Rat pittifulputino....then win at Rutgers and lock up the Conference Championship in their Niki Grays next week.

unless JB decides to try something different expect the same results. to believe otherwise is the definition of insanity. every player wants to win - those post-game rah-rah sound bytes don't mean a whole lot once a game starts.

unless JB decides to try something different expect the same results. to believe otherwise is the definition of insanity. every player wants to win - those post-game rah-rah sound bytes don't mean a whole lot once a game starts.

You do realize there are different player involved now, right? And don't forget JB used to throttle Pitino regularly at Providence. So there are legitimate reasons for hope, playing just the way we have in the past, but with the players we have performing better.

Several years ago, people like yourself said the same thing about UConn. I don't know about you, but I'm glad JB didn't switch it up then and held the course. Recently it was said about Dixon. I think we're all glad we're not in that stinkin' Pitt boat.

Now it's time to get Pitino while on this revenge tour. Two or three times this year would be nice.

thank you for participating, Eeyore

thumbnail.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom