Well forget about Oats | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how College Basketball/Football Legendary HC business works in College sports towns like here. Same thing will happen at Duke Coach K will hire the next HC. Saban will hire the next HC for Alabama football. Just speaking locally here this is how it works here. JB is the biggest most powerful celebrity in Syracuse and CNY.
Nick Saban could give a shirt less who takes over Alabama.

I've been on them for a few weeks and happened to pick them up at 100 to 1 to win it all about ten days ago. That team is loaded with good shooters that race up and down the court and also defend. They're exciting to watch and that dude can coach.
Its impressive how quickly Oates has built them to being a Final 4 contender

How long has he been there? a season and a half?

Its impressive how quickly Oates has built them to being a Final 4 contender

How long has he been there? a season and a half?

Yeah he was helped by John Petty Jr staying for his senior season. Also has two notable transfers with Jahvon Quinerly from Nova a four star out of northern NJ and Jordan Bruner a first team all Ivy grad transfer from Yale. They also have a stud freshman from Canada in Josh Primo. These guys go 8-9 deep and have been crushing people lately.

While this exchange sounds bad, 2 years is a long time in this world. Sure, JAB is going to defend his friend, and this isn't a good look for Oats. But in 2 years there will be other things to worry about...on a scale of 1-10, it's like a 3
I know many here disagree but I think Oats just said what plenty of people were thinking/saying themselves. Sure he’s throwing punches above his pay grade but K’s a twerp and less than genuine. Oats retracted his steps sure.

A few people have earned consideration. Does not make them the top choices. Win more and/or recruit better.

I don't think SU can afford Oats. He's making $2.5 mil a year at Alabama.

#8 in coaches poll and #9 in AP poll...hes got them humming right now. I think Oats could be a absolute monster when it comes to recruiting top notch players at Syracuse and in the ACC...if he keeps this up id imagine he will be getting some major attention from some big time programs when some of these ol timers decide to hang it up. Bama has $ though so maybe they will keep throwing it at him and he can build his own program...seems to he heading in that direction. (Yes, I know bama will always be a football school)

#8 in coaches poll and #9 in AP poll...hes got them humming right now. I think Oats could be a absolute monster when it comes to recruiting top notch players at Syracuse and in the ACC...if he keeps this up id imagine he will be getting some major attention from some big time programs when some of these ol timers decide to hang it up. Bama has $ though so maybe they will keep throwing it at him and he can build his own program...seems to he heading in that direction. (Yes, I know bama will always be a football school)

I remember them having an OK program when this guy was in charge

1611863074713.png

They can throw money at him, the questions are does he enjoy living in Alabama? He is from Michigan, and is he ok with the fact that he will always live in the shadow of Nick Saban and Bama football?

They can throw money at him, the questions are does he enjoy living in Alabama? He is from Michigan, and is he ok with the fact that he will always live in the shadow of Nick Saban and Bama football?

Saban turns seventy this year. Maybe his replacement is more Mike Shula than Dabo Swinney.

Saban turns seventy this year. Maybe his replacement is more Mike Shula than Dabo Swinney.
But Bama will always be a blue blood, they won't win at the clip Saban is, but they will always be the show in town. No one cares about Alabama bball, they never have been to a final four.

But Bama will always be a blue blood, they won't win at the clip Saban is, but they will always be the show in town. No one cares about Alabama bball, they never have been to a final four.
Is it that no one cares about Alabama basketball because of the sport that’s played in the basketball offseason, or is it because they’ve never been to a final four?

Real Quick. Great coach and recruiter. We can’t do that sanctions……
Yeah the sanctions excuse is over, and people need to stop citing it. Unfortuantely it overlapped with the Hop departure

Now theres no more excuses its either JB and the staff are cutting it or they are not

JB needs to either make staff and/or recruiting and in game strategy changes or he needs to exit into retirement

Question do you live here in Syracuse/Central NY ? I have for just over 30 years all my life. I know how the community and local base operates and runs. I know how JB is viewed locally withing the community and within the University. He will have streets named after him dedications when he retires. When JB retires he is not retiring to Florida. He has earned the right to pick his successor.

He can have input but he will not have the final vote. The AD will make the decision and the BOT will have the final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom