Well forget about Oats | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s with the bullying of this guy?

so wackos aaare deep diving in order to prove he’s posted under two handles.

jesus that’s pathetic
So basically you want to fight me.
Okay.
Just do it next time.
The poster you are defending literally ruins NUMEROUS threads with garbage posts.
Everyone wouldn’t be uniting here if the poster didn’t do his routine.
He trolls the MLB thread, he trolls the NBA thread, he trolls numerous other threads.

My god just talk down to me next time instead of this post.
OrangeDW has had to deal with this guy more than anyone.
He isn’t me. He isn’t an ahole you don’t like me.

Good job and yeah I know you just want to take a shot at me. Anyone else does that post you just stay quiet.

You have no clue what happened to the previous handle of the poster but talk down to “us”.

OrangeDW has had to deal with this guy more than anyone.
He isn’t me. He isn’t an ahole
prdfudg.gif.cf.gif

Go just wants to attack me.
His post is directed at me, he won’t admit it but it is.

I usually wouldn’t just go right there but if he actually understood the constant troll crap spewed he wouldn’t have made the post. Instead he wanted a shot at me plain and simple.
I already defended CuseRunner to BR but Go wanted a shot at me.

Looks like a timeout would be well served for a few folks on here.

But it has to be at a low level D-1 job. Unless of course some higher D-1 school is dumb enough to hire him first.
lemoyne was hyperbole. What’s sad is that some truly believe gmac is on the short list of successors to replace JB.

That was not me. I swear it. Idk what to tell u. God forbid people want Hopkins to get the call first. My thinking is we know he can recruit he proved it here as an assistant and as HC at UW. Hes run into a down time after successful first two seasons back to back pac coach of the year. I maintain hes not happy out there his wife is from here so she prob wants to come home his kids grew up here they prob want to come home this is all weighing on him plus a downward turn at the UW program.
I hope it’s true. Hop deserves his chance.

He’s a youngish coach on the national stage and was just being annoyingly provocative and thought he was being real by speaking frankly and off the cuff. I’m fine with it. All these guys have big egos. Appreciate that he acknowledged and took responsibility for his foolishness and had the stones to actually call K and apologize.

See if you can somehow follow this scatterbrained series of thoughts/questions:

Is it ok if:
-I don’t really like K or Oats
-I like Boeheim
-I think it was out of line of Oats but still in a way kinda enjoyed the pot-stirring anyway
-I respect Boeheim sticking up for his friend even if I don’t like said friend
-I think ultimately Oats’ apology was the right thing to do
-And while I think it’s fair to wonder about K’s intentions, I’m not necessarily sold that he actually wants to duck things when his team struggles...
-but I get a kick out of the narrative anyway (because it’s Duke)?

Do I gotta pick a side and get all fired up here? Or can I just enjoy this kinda trashy guilty pleasure show while having no real vested interest?

Is it ok if:
-I like Boeheim
-I think it was out of line of Oats but still in a way kinda enjoyed the pot-stirring anyway
-And while I think it’s fair to wonder about K’s intentions, I’m not necessarily sold that he actually wants to duck things when his team struggles...

Do I gotta pick a side and get all fired up here? Or can I just enjoy this kinda trashy guilty pleasure show while having no real vested interest?
Nate Oats said the quiet part out loud.
K is full of chit with his comments.
JB is always going to defend friends and when he can do zingers as well.

It doesn’t mean JB is right or Oats was wrong.
The establishment college basketball media aren’t going to side with Oats.

If K had Zion, Barrett, Reddish I believe he doesn’t make those comments.
This opinion is up to the individual.

Last edited:
When GMAC becomes HC he will scour the board for all anti GMAC proponents. When that day comes you’ll wish you supported his glorious reign :cool:
When GMac takes over and raids Syracusefan for recruiting advice, you better have the right answers when he comes at you for your posting history.

When GMac takes over and raids Syracusefan for recruiting advice, you better have the right answers when he comes at you for your posting history.
I have always been a Gmac Loyalist. I stand by his side. Unlike the Cuserunners of the board

Is it ok if:
-I like Boeheim

Get off the fence

It appears that pointing out a coach's comments suddenly may be inappropriate.
Nevertheless...the most disturbing comments in this K-Oats situation come from Cal.
The sad thing is he was probably telling the truth (in the last line):

If he walked back his comment he should be called for traveling:

Crimson Tide down by 10 to Furman at the half - for those scoring at home.
Furman has very little basketball history but Frank Selvy played there as did Clyde Mayes. According to Wiki, Cuse played them in the NCAAT in the early 70's and only won by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom