Well forget about Oats | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
And u don't know how big time D1 College Basketball/Football with legendary Head Coaches works in College Towns. JB is the most powerful man in Syracuse and Central NY. If u see JB at Wegmans 9 out of 10 people here in the community will know who he is ? How many people out of 10 will know JW ? Just saying JB picks and hires the next HC and that will be Hopkins. The base locally with erupt if its not Hopkins.
How do you know what I know and don't know?

And it really doesn't matter whether someone can identify Wildhack. He is JB's boss. Do you get that? You have a boss, right? Do you get to name your replacement at the dealership? I understand fully how these things work. And it is apparent to me and most others here that you don't. You know how you WANT things to work. But this is the real world, Pal.

And it really doesn't matter whether someone can identify Wildhack. He is JB's boss. Do you get that? You have a boss, right? Do you get to name your replacement at the dealership? I understand fully how these things work. And it is apparent to me and most others here that you don't. You know how you WANT things to work. But this is the real world, Pal.

Okay I'll lay it out on the line. I want and hope JB makes the hire and call because then it will be Hopkins for sure. I'm worried JW might be leer away from Hopkins if he continues to struggle at UW.

I both agree and disagree with Boeheim:

Right or wrong, of course Krzyzewski's paying attention to wins and losses when he comes out with a comment like that. No way he suggests not playing if he's got a great team and a "title" chance (I use that loosely because this is a weird year that's getting an asterisk). Boeheim's being the typical loyal friend, that's all.

However, Oats's comment does say something about his character. Glad that Boeheim's not shy about pointing that out.

Okay CuseRunner is definitely CuseHulk

Okay CuseRunner is definitely CuseHulk

lmao, amazing find.

I don’t get how GMac jumps Autry.
Autry is associate HC and the top assistant, is a better recruiter.
If it’s a current staff hire it has to be Autry.
GMac over Autry is such a slap to Autry.
Gmac as head coach would be as big a surprise as when P was picked to succeed Mac. I dont see it and i certainly dont want it but you never know.

I’m honestly not convinced Oats’ comments will have any impact on whether or not he’s considered when the time comes. Coaches say things & sometimes regret doing so. They learn & grow. K most likely won’t still be coaching whenever JB finally hangs it up so what’s it matter?

It’s not hard to replace car detailers

Okay I'll lay it out on the line. I want and hope JB makes the hire and call because then it will be Hopkins for sure. I'm worried JW might be leer away from Hopkins if he continues to struggle at UW.
See, that wasn't so hard. Wanting and hoping are different than "This is how it's going to be". And there's nothing wrong with wanting and hoping.

agree it could very likely play out that way. But disagree on it being GMac.
i would of course prefer red, but in my scenario i imagine him getting tabbed for his own hc gig in the next couple of years

Question do you live here in Syracuse/Central NY ? I have for just over 30 years all my life. I know how the community and local base operates and runs. I know how JB is viewed locally withing the community and within the University. He will have streets named after him dedications when he retires. When JB retires he is not retiring to Florida. He has earned the right to pick his successor.
Boeheim Boulevard. JB Avenue. James Arthur Circle. Jimmy Place.

He doesn't. Gmac should leave and get some HC experience.
Gmac needs to start at a place like lemoyne and actually earn his stripes. His resume so far doesn’t warrant anything bigger.

And u don't know how big time D1 College Basketball/Football with legendary Head Coaches works in College Towns. JB is the most powerful man in Syracuse and Central NY. If u see JB at Wegmans 9 out of 10 people here in the community will know who he is ? How many people out of 10 will know JW ? Just saying JB picks and hires the next HC and that will be Hopkins. The base locally with erupt if its not Hopkins.
Did Ben pick Frank ? Pretty good comparison.

Literally 2 days ago 90% of this board hammered K, Oats literally says the same thing and JB slams him and the same 90% defend JB. The JB cult may be worse than the Trump cult.

Gmac needs to start at a place like lemoyne and actually earn his stripes. His resume so far doesn’t warrant anything bigger.
Going to lemoyne or any D-2 school would be the end of G-mac;s coaching career. A number of years ago, UMass Lowell won the D-2 national title. The Umass Amherst job came open that year. The coach of Lowell couldn't even get an interview. G-mac needs to earn his stripes. Yes. But it has to be at a low level D-1 job. Unless of course some higher D-1 school is dumb enough to hire him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom