Well forget about Oats | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't think Mike Hopkins will be the HC, and JB will have the lot to do with it then idk what to tell you. Be prepared to be shocked guess. JB knows the program the university/community and the base better then anybody. If Hopkins is not the Coach the base will riot and JB knows this and even more Hop is the best man for the job.
John Wildhack is the AD. He would likely listen to what JB has to say and consider it, but it will be HIS decision.

ehhh...got to disagree with a couple here.

Jimbo was the OC on Bowdens crummy teams and still got the HC gig.
Paterno died in disgrace..kind of hard there

look at Dean Smith and old what’s his name...Bill Guthridge
Bo Schembechler and Gary Mollher

it happens more than you are suggesting.

i absolutely think K will have a say on Dukes and I absolutely think JB will as long as he is alive and coherent
The Florida State AD hired Jimbo as Bowden’s OC and forced him on Bowden.

Jim Boeheim can have an opinion he isn’t making the hire.
Same for K.
K would want Johnny Dawkins.
He isn’t getting the job.

If Jim Boeheim pulls a Dean Smith or Jim Calhoun he will be hurting Autry or GMac.

If you don't think Mike Hopkins will be the HC, and JB will have the lot to do with it then idk what to tell you. Be prepared to be shocked guess. JB knows the program the university/community and the base better then anybody. If Hopkins is not the Coach the base will riot and JB knows this and even more Hop is the best man for the job.
You don't know how college sports works, do you?

When did JB gain the AD title? Does Wildhack know?

Yep I remember going up to the tv to change between 3 5 9 and 24 in the late 70s, early 80s

By the late 70's, we had one of these bad boys...

1607826584595.png

You don't know how college sports works, do you?

When did JB gain the AD title? Does Wildhack know?

And u don't know how big time D1 College Basketball/Football with legendary Head Coaches works in College Towns. JB is the most powerful man in Syracuse and Central NY. If u see JB at Wegmans 9 out of 10 people here in the community will know who he is ? How many people out of 10 will know JW ? Just saying JB picks and hires the next HC and that will be Hopkins. The base locally with erupt if its not Hopkins.

And u don't know how big time D1 College Basketball/Football with legendary Head Coaches works in College Towns. JB is the most powerful man in Syracuse and Central NY.
He isn’t his own boss.
He is the men’s basketball coach.
He works for Director of Athletics John Wildhack.
Jim Boeheim carries a big stick and will be consulted I am sure.
He isn’t hiring the next HC it’s not his job.

ehhh...got to disagree with a couple here.

Jimbo was the OC on Bowdens crummy teams and still got the HC gig.
Paterno died in disgrace..kind of hard there

look at Dean Smith and old what’s his name...Bill Guthridge
Bo Schembechler and Gary Mollher

it happens more than you are suggesting.

i absolutely think K will have a say on Dukes and I absolutely think JB will as long as he is alive and coherent

Dean Smith retired right before the season started. UNC really didn’t have a choice other than to promote someone from staff. He got handed a final 4 team returning basically everybody, lol. Nice situation to step into.

The Florida State AD hired Jimbo as Bowden’s OC and forced him on Bowden.

Jim Boeheim can have an opinion he isn’t making the hire.
Same for K.
K would want Johnny Dawkins.
He isn’t getting the job.

If Jim Boeheim pulls a Dean Smith or Jim Calhoun he will be hurting Autry or GMac.
Boeheim or K make two calls to high profile donors and their opinions get listened to much more closely.

Dean Smith retired right before the season started. UNC really didn’t have a choice other than to promote someone from staff. He got handed a final 4 team returning basically everybody, lol. Nice situation to step into.

right...which is the situation moqui suggested with Gmac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom