Well this certainly changes things | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well this certainly changes things

Lunardi seeds the teams? Who knew?

The dude got every single team in the tournament right last year.

Then again i'm sure the guy doesn't have a clue he's just another talking head right

Kansas was picked to be a # 1 seed in the east after cuse loses. Kansas now has 7 losses. In addition. Creighton, Louisville, Michigan state, St. Louis all lost today. Lots of time left.

don't think lunardi has them as a 2 yet. They were the last 3 before winning at home while being favored move them up to high 3 or last 2 at most. There is a substantial gap after the top 6 of Florida, Wichita State, Arizona , Syracuse, Kansas and Wisconsin for me

He just had them on Sportscenter a minute ago as a 2

If Lundardi has them as a #2 seed right now behind Cuse and Duke, who else would need to lose?

Cheer for Nebraska at home against Wisconsin on Sunday.

Cheer for Nebraska at home against Wisconsin on Sunday.

I was thinking they would be up there. They probably have the best non-conference wins, and are on a roll

Body of work? Spectacular -- 9-10 quality wins and no bad losses
Virginia wins:
Syracuse
SMU
North Carolina
at FSU
at Clemson
at NC State
at Pitt
at ND
Davidson (15-1 in Southern)

Losses
VCU
Wisconsin
Tennessee
Duke
GB (24-5, 14-2 in conf)

How are clemson, nc state, and nd good wins?

my up to second updated top 12 on my list.

Florida
Arizona
Wichita St
Syracuse
Kansas
Wisconsin
Villanova
Virginia
Duke
Creighton
Michigan
San Diego St

I'm still shocked people continue to downgrade UVA because of the way they played in Nov and Dec. It's like going 16-1 in the ACC doesn't matter at all. I really don't see 4 teams better than UVA right now. Totally deserving of a 1 seed. If they win out they will be a one seed without any doubt.

How are clemson, nc state, and nd good wins?

same with Davidson I don't care how many wins they have in conference they are projected to be in first 4 games that isn't a good win

On the road dude!!! Where have you been living--in a vacuum?

Big deal, none of those teams are going to be playing in the ncaa tournament, and we beat all three of them as well.

I'm still shocked people continue to downgrade UVA because of the way they played in Nov and Dec. It's like going 16-1 in the ACC doesn't matter at all. I really don't see 4 teams better than UVA right now. Totally deserving of a 1 seed. If they win out they will be a one seed without any doubt.

They are a good team, no one is denying them that, but they don't have a one seed resume, and they played a much easier schedule than syracuse, duke, and unc played.

my up to second updated top 12 on my list.

Florida
Arizona
Wichita St
Syracuse
Kansas
Wisconsin
Villanova
Virginia
Duke
Creighton
Michigan
San Diego St

That's how I have my top 8, but flip flopping Nova and UVA.

That's why I think if UVA wins out, they would only need 1 of the top 4 to lose to grab a 1 seed

you don't go from a borderline 3-4 seed to a 1 seed by winning at home against a team you were favored over. Committee takes entire season into account when seeding

3 tops

They were ranked 12th before today, which is the equivalent of a 3 seed. With all the upsets today, they will surely be in the top 8 on Monday. That's a #2 seed.

If they are a 3 seed, then we're going to the NIT. Which after today looks about right.

you don't go from a borderline 3-4 seed to a 1 seed by winning at home against a team you were favored over. Committee takes entire season into account when seeding

They dropped the last 10 criteria correct?

That's how I have my top 8, but flip flopping Nova and UVA.

That's why I think if UVA wins out, they would only need 1 of the top 4 to lose to grab a 1 seed

they would have to beat North Carolina and either duke or us to be considered and I think we would have to lose a game that we shouldn't the rest of the way(GT, @ FSU or quarterfinal acc tourney game)

Lunardi just tweeted that he's keeping Kansas on the #1 line AFTER their loss to OSU tonight.

They were ranked 12th before today, which is the equivalent of a 3 seed. With all the upsets today, they will surely be in the top 8 on Monday. That's a #2 seed.

If they are a 3 seed, then we're going to the NIT. Which after today looks about right.

polls mean nothing in regards to seeding as seen by Louisville ranked in top 10 but are projected 5 seed

Lunardi just tweeted that he's keeping Kansas on the #1 line AFTER their loss to OSU tonight.

he must think Oklahoma state is better than Virginia even though in the long run it would make no difference being 1 or 2 as long as we are in the east

10 top 25 teams lost today. Our seed will ultimately be determined by how well we do, along with other teams results. Still a long way to go until selection Sunday.

I hear what you're saying, and agree that if they win out they probably get the 1 seed - but you can't (nor can the committee) just ignore what happened early in the season.

they would have to beat North Carolina and either duke or us to be considered and I think we would have to lose a game that we shouldn't the rest of the way(GT, @ FSU or quarterfinal acc tourney game)

As of the current standings they would only get a matchup vs Cuse/UNC/Duke in the title game. If they beat us twice it will definitely be interesting.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Wonder how much they would consider Grant's injury since they factor that into the criteria? Too bad the 20 point loss made it worse then it really was.

I hear what you're saying, and agree that if they win out they probably get the 1 seed - but you can't (nor can the committee) just ignore what happened early in the season.

Did they drop the last 10 games criteria?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom