We're still 26-3... | Syracusefan.com

We're still 26-3...

Rocco

Watching you.
When Syracuse was 25-0, Boeheim himself even added that he thought they should be a 20-4, maybe even a 19-5 team. The team was able to pull out several dramatic, come-from-behind wins and continue the school-record start to the season. I don't have the exact stats, but we've obviously been quite fortunate in close games this year. Tyler Ennis and CJ Fair have each had their moments as the heroes in a most of those games, but they cannot be counted on when they are doubled and constantly getting boxed. Other players need to step up such as Jerami or Trevor. Grant worries me with his back injury and Cooney just sometimes cannot get these 3's to drop, even though most of the time he is missing by an inch or so.

These 3 losses have tested the team, the staff, etc... I hope, and am optimistic, that we will be fine. A lot of this IMO comes down to Jerami's and Baye's health. We've now given all teams a blueprint for how to beat us. I'd like to see Grant rested until the ACC Tourney, if not the NCAA Tourney. Who gives a damn what seed we are as long as we are in the EAST. Getting healthy is key right now, along with refocusing the effort.

After all, were still 26-3 (most teams would dream of that record). Sick of hearing all of the analysts and talking heads writing us off. We will prove them wrong.

I've intentionally stayed off the board over the last week or two, but as always... In JB we trust.

Rocco said:
When Syracuse was 25-0, Boeheim himself even added that he thought they should be a 20-4, maybe even a 19-5 team. The team was able to pull out several dramatic, come-from-behind wins and continue the school-record start to the season. I don't have the exact stats, but we've obviously been quite fortunate in close games this year. Tyler Ennis and CJ Fair have each had their moments as the heroes in a most of those games, but they cannot be counted on when they are doubled and constantly getting boxed. Other players need to step up such as Jerami or Trevor. Grant worries me with his back injury and Cooney just sometimes cannot get these 3's to drop, even though most of the time he is missing by an inch or so.

These 3 losses have tested the team, the staff, etc... I hope, and am optimistic, that we will be fine. A lot of this IMO comes down to Jerami's and Baye's health. We've now given all teams a blueprint for how to beat us. I'd like to see Grant rested until the ACC Tourney, if not the NCAA Tourney. Who gives a damn what seed we are as long as we are in the EAST. Getting healthy is key right now, along with refocusing the effort.

After all, were still 26-3 (most teams would dream of that record). Sick of hearing all of the analysts and talking heads writing us off. We will prove them wrong.

I've intentionally stayed off the board over the last week or two, but as always... In JB we trust.

Some calm admist the storm...

Some common sense perspective...

Thanks for that rare approach Rocco!!!

Agree with all if it...

Some calm admist the storm...

Some common sense perspective...

Thanks for that rare approach Rocco!!!

Agree with all if it...

I'm in Florida so that may take some of the "calm" credit... ;)

If we finish 28-3 and win a game in the ACC tournament, technically we would finish better than 09-10 and provided we are healthy no reason why we can not make a run. Cooney is due for a big game as well.

At least this year there hasn't been any "fire Boeheim" movements, they're already calling for Desko's head in the lacrosse forum.

At least this year there hasn't been any "fire Boeheim" movements, they're already calling for Desko's head in the lacrosse forum.

Justifiably so...

Face off delta for the past three years warrants it alone.

ImperialOrange said:
In a rebuilding season where we lost our starting back court and our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading scorers.

What kills me too is that if he had won the BC game, our two losses would be at duke and at acc champion virginia, both games Vegas had us losing , one without arguably our 2nd or 3rd most important player basically out with injury. If we beat BC we are still #1 in the country , and without Keita injured vs. BC , i think we win.

In a rebuilding season where we lost our starting back court and our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading scorers.

It is a huge compliment to the staff for being able to replenish the cupboards after losing such key guys as MCW, Triche and Southerland and only have 3 losses at this point. About the only thing that I got correct in my projections for this year's team was Ennis' minutes.

What kills me too is that if he had won the BC game, our two losses would be at duke and at acc champion virginia, both games Vegas had us losing , one without arguably our 2nd or 3rd most important player basically out with injury. If we beat BC we are still #1 in the country , and without Keita injured vs. BC , i think we win.

The BC loss could very well cost us the #1 seed. If we had squeaked out the BC win, there would still be warning signs (close home games vs State/BC/ND, plus Virginia blowing our doors off the last 8 or so minutes) but we'd still be in great position to get the #1 in the East. We still have a very solid chance now, don't get me wrong (I do believe 3 wins from here on out will likely get it done), but that BC loss was so bad it's almost like 2 losses on your resume.

When Syracuse was 25-0, Boeheim himself even added that he thought they should be a 20-4, maybe even a 19-5 team.
he thought we should have played one less game?

25-3 and trending in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year, pretty cut and dry at this point. Sure they could right the ship but at the rate they are going things don't look good right now. That is where things stand,wins in Nov/ December won't get you anywhere now. Get Grant back and we should be fine in the tournament, but the offense will force us to win close games early on, which is fine. We have played poorly, been injured, and JB's hasn't had his best moments either the past 4-5 weeks.

Even if we were 28-0, it will guarantee nothing in 2 weeks. I agree we are still 25-3 but playing like a 6-7 seed right now.

Last edited:
25-3 and trending in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year, pretty cut and dry at this point. Sure they could right the ship but at the rate they are going things don't look good right now. That is where things stand,wins in Nov/ December won't get you anywhere now. Get Grant back and we should be fine in the tournament, but the offense will force us to win close games early on, which is fine. We have played poorly, been injured, and JB's hasn't had his best moments either the past 4-5 weeks.

Even if we were 28-0, it will guarantee nothing in 2 weeks. I agree we are still 25-3 but playing like a 6-7 seed right now.

We got BLOWN out by Georgetown in the BET in 2003. That season ended pretty good.

We are in a compromised spot right now, but it is fixable. It's not like we just lost Onuaku for the year in the 2010.

If we finish 28-3 and win a game in the ACC tournament, technically we would finish better than 09-10 and provided we are healthy no reason why we can not make a run. Cooney is due for a big game as well.
Healthy is the question of the day.

I like your optimism, but the ship has to right itself soon here on out.

We got BLOWN out by Georgetown in the BET in 2003. That season ended pretty good.

We are in a compromised spot right now, but it is fixable. It's not like we just lost Onuaku for the year in the 2010.

Indeed! We also got our arses kicked by G'town 3 times in "87, including the BET final...we all remember what transpired in the Dance that year...really should've been Jimmy's 1st title.

I don't exert too much energy getting all wound up about what these talking heads are saying. Actually, I prefer when less is expected of the 'Cuse in the tourney, our best runs always seem to be when less is expected...so I'm fine with that! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom