We've got as good a chance as any of the top 16 seeds... | Syracusefan.com

We've got as good a chance as any of the top 16 seeds...

Flacusian

All Conference
The one qualification on that is the fact one word characterizes this team to a "T". That word is "fragile". You are just as likely to see us go on a 24-3 run, making it look like we are unbeatable, raining 3's, getting steals, playing solid defense/ as you are seeing a sudden inablity to initate any offense whatsoever, replete with mindless turnovers, mental lapses, blown defensive assignments and a contaigous malaise and evaporation of confidence and team continuity.

I don't think we've seen one game this season where there wasn't a mix of both of the above to some degree. In some instances it cost us the game in others we were lucky enough to overcome the negatives. As we move deeper into the tourney, the margin for tolerance of the negative aspects becomes thinner and thinner.

We've all seen what happens when a key component like Southerland gets in foul trouble. Disaster in spades! In the final analysis I believe it will come down to the level of composure the team is able to maintain when the going gets rough. The good news is that this team has played at times in a manner that was awesome to behold and the talent is there to exeed most peoples expectations. I't my hope that the experience garnered in the Big East Tournament will serve as a template as to what to do and what not to do. The essential elements will be:

1. Keep the movement on offense which promoted getting good shots
2. Do a better job on helping to break the press/inbounding
3. Stay out of foul trouble
4. Don't panic when things aren't going well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online