What are we drinking tomorrow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are we drinking tomorrow?

The occasion calls for my only bottle of 2009 Kastania Vineyards Pinot Noir Proprietors Reserve: Luscious nose of earthy ripe cherry and chocolate. Intense flavors of ripe plum and Bing cherry are interspersed with cedar, sassafras and tea leaves. Complex tannins combined with fresh fruit and a bright acidity make this wine a great candidate for aging.

A
s for snacks I just stick to them French fried potaters .. un-huh.

If we lose:

robitussintower.jpg

Loosens Mental Congestion? LOL! I smell the hand of Lawrinson

No... it seriously does with the proper dosage The active ingredient(Dextromethorphan, aka DXM) was first given to the public along with 2 others the CIA had been experimenting with for mind control. http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=7445 Unlike alcohol, DXM has a non-linear progression of effects commonly referred to as plateaus. Although DXM itself isn't physically dangerous, the other active ingredients in cough syrup can make it so, or at least unpleasant. The fact that anything mind expanding scares the government s**tless, yet they have repeatedly made special provisions to keep this substance legal(even though some studies have shown it doesn't suppress coughs more than placebo), makes me call it into question. As someone who clearly appreciates music, I can say with little doubt that it has had an effect on some, possibly even Pink Floyd's The Wall. Of course the first couple of plateaus are often used for more of a social thing, and the trickier to navigate 3rd and 4th plateaus can bring underlying problems to the surface like a number of other things.

I'd also imagine it would be a nice relief for someone who is subjected to having their bodily fluids examined for certain substances(scholarship players, folks on probation, those seeking work, etc) and who doesn't have easy access to other mind expanding substances. Of course like any neutral substance, it can be misused, especially kids who don't bother to research it and who just want to get (bleep)ed up and disregard the large amounts of other ingredients such as acetaminophen that they are ingesting, which are harmful to the liver. Of course some aficionados find ways to extract DXM with the help of google, and others in the past have been able to order the pure powder on line.

Consider this a public service announcement for anyone with kids. Like handguns and alcohol, it is something that should not be toyed with irresponsibly. But for any adult wanting to have a bit of the Hunter S Thompson experience, I certainly would not judge them any more than I would someone who likes to drink what others would judge to be "too much". We tend to like what we are familiar with(and fear or mock that with which we are not), like how I for a couple years wrote about hating the idea of joining the ACC, which I may at some point embrace after I discard my attachments to the Big East in Buddhist-like manner. But again, I do advise parents to watch their medicine cabinets.

Also, you can trip on Benadryl if you really wanted to, but I have read that it is most often dark and unpleasant. Lots of information on the internet, and if your kids are savvy and have a proclivity for adventure and exploration, I think that it's wise to be aware of the journeys your kids can take relatively cheaply(less than the cost of a drinking session). In some cultures entheogens(aka psychedelics) and/or "vision quests" are used by adolescents to mark their arrival into adulthood, but obviously the vast majority of Western Culture has no idea of such traditions and would find them frightening. At least those indigenous kids are doing their thing with guidance, which is sorely missing in our culture. Like the photo shows, a light house can help guide you, but it doesn't assure you of safety. I'm guessing a decent number of folks are aware of this, but for the rest it is my plea for parents to be alert, as well an alternative for "psychonauts"(Im guessing more of the lurkers) instead of googling "research chemicals", which don't have the history of research. I also want to reiterate that those who have studied the CIA may wish to know this chemical came from their research. I'm guessing most folks who use it arent aware of that, and wouldn't care either way, but I wouldnt doubt it could have some effect on the conscious of America at the recommended doses in a way pleasing to the government. But in psychonaut doses, it may have effects the government wouldn't like. I have googled some "trip reports" and they seem rather interesting at times. I can kill as much time reading them as I do on here. Anyhow, like anything else, I say drink responsibly. Go Orange!!! (hopefully we'll be drinking to remember, and not drinking to forget as mentioned in the song Hotel California)

As for smelling Lawrinson's hand, I don't know him well enough to say I can advise that either. ;)

Last edited:
No... it seriously does with the proper dosage The active ingredient(Dextromethorphan, aka DXM) was first given to the public along with 2 others the CIA had been experimenting with for mind control. http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=7445 Unlike alcohol, DXM has a non-linear progression of effects commonly referred to as plateaus. Although DXM itself isn't physically dangerous, the other active ingredients in cough syrup can make it so, or at least unpleasant. The fact that anything mind expanding scares the government s**tless, yet they have repeatedly made special provisions to keep this substance legal(even though some studies have shown it doesn't suppress coughs more than placebo), makes me call it into question. As someone who clearly appreciates music, I can say with little doubt that it has had an effect on some, possibly even Pink Floyd's The Wall. Of course the first couple of plateaus are often used for more of a social thing, and the trickier to navigate 3rd and 4th plateaus can bring underlying problems to the surface like a number of other things.

I'd also imagine it would be a nice relief for someone who is subjected to having their bodily fluids examined for certain substances(scholarship players, folks on probation, those seeking work, etc) and who doesn't have easy access to other mind expanding substances. Of course like any neutral substance, it can be misused, especially kids who don't bother to research it and who just want to get (bleep)ed up and disregard the large amounts of other ingredients such as acetaminophen that they are ingesting, which are harmful to the liver. Of course some aficionados find ways to extract DXM with the help of google, and others in the past have been able to order the pure powder on line.

Consider this a public service announcement for anyone with kids. Like handguns and alcohol, it is something that should not be toyed with irresponsibly. But for any adult wanting to have a bit of the Hunter S Thompson experience, I certainly would not judge them any more than I would someone who likes to drink what others would judge to be "too much". We tend to like what we are familiar with(and fear or mock that with which we are not), like how I for a couple years wrote about hating the idea of joining the ACC, which I may at some point embrace after I discard my attachments to the Big East in Buddhist-like manner. But again, I do advise parents to watch their medicine cabinets.

Also, you can trip on Benadryl if you really wanted to, but I have read that it is most often dark and unpleasant. Lots of information on the internet, and if your kids are savvy and have a proclivity for adventure and exploration, I think that it's wise to be aware of the journeys your kids can take relatively cheaply(less than the cost of a drinking session). In some cultures entheogens(aka psychedelics) and/or "vision quests" are used by adolescents to mark their arrival into adulthood, but obviously the vast majority of Western Culture has no idea of such traditions and would find them frightening. At least those indigenous kids are doing their thing with guidance, which is sorely missing in our culture. Like the photo shows, a light house can help guide you, but it doesn't assure you of safety. I'm guessing a decent number of folks are aware of this, but for the rest it is my plea for parents to be alert, as well an alternative for "psychonauts"(Im guessing more of the lurkers) instead of googling "research chemicals", which don't have the history of research. I also want to reiterate that those who have studied the CIA may wish to know this chemical came from their research. I'm guessing most folks who use it arent aware of that, and wouldn't care either way, but I wouldnt doubt it could have some effect on the conscious of America at the recommended doses in a way pleasing to the government. But in psychonaut doses, it may have effects the government wouldn't like. I have googled some "trip reports" and they seem rather interesting at times. I can kill as much time reading them as I do on here. Anyhow, like anything else, I say drink responsibly. Go Orange!!! (hopefully we'll be drinking to remember, and not drinking to forget as mentioned in the song Hotel California)

As for smelling Lawrinson's hand, I don't know him well enough to say I can advise that either. ;)

If you look at the label in the graphic, the word "Mental" appears brighter and thus super-imposed. But thanks anyway :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom