What did I do wrong at Cuse? | Syracusefan.com

What did I do wrong at Cuse?

florange44

Scout Team
So my buddies and I go to a Cuse away game each year for football and golf. We like to hit the local college bars too.

This year we went to the Stanford game in Cuse to see the new dome. None of us had been to a game in Cuse in ~20 years.

Loved the dome, loved Dinosaur, loved the Fine Lot tailgate, enjoyed the crowd at Orange Crate.

But Orange Crate was the only bar we could find with any buzz. We tried Saltine Warrior and Press Room pub and both were good bars but empty.
Fagans was empty. Some beach bar near Marshall st was empty. We even tried Coleman’s on Saturday night and it was dead.

Where are the good bars for Cuse students? What we saw is not even close to the other campuses we’ve been. There must be more. Please clue me in.

Thanks

Florange44

So my buddies and I go to a Cuse away game each year for football and golf. We like to hit the local college bars too.

This year we went to the Stanford game in Cuse to see the new dome. None of us had been to a game in Cuse in ~20 years.

Loved the dome, loved Dinosaur, loved the Fine Lot tailgate, enjoyed the crowd at Orange Crate.

But Orange Crate was the only bar we could find with any buzz. We tried Saltine Warrior and Press Room pub and both were good bars but empty.
Fagans was empty. Some beach bar near Marshall st was empty. We even tried Coleman’s on Saturday night and it was dead.

Where are the good bars for Cuse students? What we saw is not even close to the other campuses we’ve been. There must be more. Please clue me in.

Thanks

Florange44
They probably saw a bunch of 50 year olds coming towards their bars and went home.

Thanks

Florange44
Try Armory Square

Thanks

Florange44
What time did you go? I imagine the kids don't even think about going to the bars until close to midnight. I on the other hand was a big happy hour guy, sober up and then get drunk again later. But I'm over 50.

There are plenty of fantastic bars around Syracuse. If the bars around campus are empty...that tells you more about the students than the bars themselves doesn't it?
The 21 age limit is enforced pretty vigorously. Also, most adults aren’t looking to tie one on for a sporting event.

1729097412482.gif

My pregame group is early 60s. We went to Sheraton for the last 20 years when not tailgating. We have been looking for new spot, the only pregame place that has been rocking has been Orange Crate. I like pregame somewhere in the middle …… crowded but not so much that it takes you 20 minutes to order a drink .

Only thing surprising to me is Colemans being dead on a Sat night

The bars on the hill? There's like 3. Students venture many other places

The off campus party scene is much bigger than when I went to SU (87-91). My daughter graduated in 2023 and lived off campus her last 2 years. We would park at her house for football games. Every 3rd house, it seemed, had lawn parties pre and post game.
There is also a really big underground music scene in the neighborhood east of campus on weekends with multiple basement "clubs". It seems highly illegal to me and is a disaster waiting to happen, but it is what it is.

Thanks

Florange44
Students pre-game at Castle Court.

The off campus party scene is much bigger than when I went to SU (87-91). My daughter graduated in 2023 and lived off campus her last 2 years. We would park at her house for football games. Every 3rd house, it seemed, had lawn parties pre and post game.
There is also a really big underground music scene in the neighborhood east of campus on weekends with multiple basement "clubs". It seems highly illegal to me and is a disaster waiting to happen, but it is what it is.
Which part of that is illegal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom