What do we do with Dino? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What do we do with Dino?

They are but only to a point. Dinos still here because SU didnt want to pay the buyout on the extension, full stop.
Part of the reason Dino is "still here" is because the administration opted to invest long-term in the program and coaching salaries rather than burn the buyout money. This is a private university which makes it unlike the vast majority of other programs that are being used as a comparison to how things "should" be done. It's nuanced thinking, but there is a difference between not wanting to pay the buyout and investing resources in an attempt to maximize long term gain.

I wonder how much loyalty plays a part in the PT for certain players? The ones that work hard in the off season and the like and by this they get rewarded with all PT? Is it possible there is a this guy isn't working hard and that is the reason why they don't play? Like what Boeheim does?

Also I’m aware that firing Dino would mean 2-3 years of bad football as we rebuilt

But we’ve had 7 years of building teams that can barely get to 5 wins

Two bowl games in 7 years with the record that he has is…..awful

I’m fairness, he’s been funded better than any coach in SU history. And he’s had 7 years to get better players. At a certain point it may just be that he can’t get that aspect of the job done.

The funding has been millions and millions more than any other coach.

JW has basically told Dino he has an open check book to hire his coordinators and he’s still struggling to win and now isn’t getting along with his hand picked OC

Bad look

Every NFL quality player came back. So that answers part of your question. SU is raising 150 million to update everything, which answers another part of your question.
I think the assessment of our NFL quality players has yet to be told, and the money race is an ongoing battle. You are that confident SU is committed to it? As for me I'm not. Hope I'm wrong.

Believe what you want, but this is simply not true. The AD's office, and Chancellor, are highly vested in making the program competitive. Follow the money.
Ok but eventually we have to win games. Talk is easy. Results are hard.

This thread is pure message board
Everyone was ready to go to war for Dino at 6-0
Now you lose 4 games which most of us penciled in as sure loses at the start of the season now you get to bring up the “I was RIGHT we should have fired Dino!!”
No one is giving FSU credit for a top top top tier defense
Our defense again played their hearts out but FSU won special teams and field position
Our offense fired some different things but man FSU has some crazy good speed and players ok that D
Shrader doesn’t look like 6-0 Sharder
We need to abandon the FB/TE Hybrid Hoeh is only good for multiple penalties and getting blown up over and over
Mang is not great at blocking
We have no WRs other then OG, needs to be priority number one for offense in the portal
Anae and Beck are on year one and it’s still a blend of old/new system
Depth is better but needs work
Defense wow we have some huge depth on the secondary
LB should still be solid
DL if we get health and can pick up one in the portal will be fine
Anyway my point is we are still building back up, Dino gets the rest of this year and I would guess he needs to hit around 8 wins next year
Also Norris is going to sign with us he wants to play for Beck doesn’t matter that the gamecocks offered
Man I love this board lol
That’s not true. There has been a lot of ppl on here who believe any success that has happened is on white, anae, beck and has little to do with Dino other than him hiring them. I also believe those are more on wildhack than Dino. Dino has been getting a free ride here for a long time and if he was at any other p5 school he would have been tossed on his ass years ago. He has failed miserably on numerous fronts here.

That’s not true. There has been a lot of ppl on here who believe any success that has happened is on white, anae, beck and has little to do with Dino other than him hiring them. I also believe those are more on wildhack than Dino. Dino has been getting a free ride here for a long time and if he was at any other p5 school he would have been tossed on his ass years ago. He has failed miserably on numerous fronts here.
My whole statement is not true or what part?

Ok but eventually we have to win games. Talk is easy. Results are hard.
No, it's not just "talk." Again, follow the money. I agree with your other two points.

It’s been way more than talk. We’ve pumped tens of millions of dollars into the football program. Dino has had literally unprecedented resources to work with in his tenure.
I completely agree which makes this more depressing. Absent a game changing individual like urban Meyer nothing will change.

I think Dino is tenured and I’m not sure that’s bad. I’m curious about Bob Chesney at holy cross but is he next coming of urban or another guy who will come in and get stomped.

I don’t know the answer at this point. Which is sad. I’m checked out on direction. Will watch will care etc but to me I’ve given up on what I think is right path because it’s not clear and may never be

Wildhack and $ are both doing fine. I understand John wants stability at the helm of this football team and he has to make up his mind when and if Babers is his coach for the next X amount of years or he makes a commitment to another after the year is over. He has to make his decision period and not wait until 2024 if there is a change or resign Babers for X amount of years. Pee or get off the fence.

The Dome renovation is one year old.

The present coaching staff is one to two years old.

We are still light years behind other programs.

The number of season ending injuries this team has sustained this year is unprecedented.

We are playing with an undersized, walk on nose tackle.

Tonight’s team is not the team that beat Purdue.

We will go bowling this year.

We will continue to improve.

“Get a new head coach” thinking is oversimplified analysis
You bang this drum every season when we collapse, and the only consistent thing is that we collapse.

Some of the things fans are observing aren't explained by the things you say they are.

Thank goodness we won our first 6. But is that the best we can hope for? Hope to scratch out 6 wins before the impending collapse hits?

That's a sucky future.

For one, that’s a weird question. You don’t get rid of a coach that’s clearly not getting the job done because you’re not sure who to get as a coach. There’s never been a successful business who had that thought cross their mind. It’s such an illogical question.

There are tons of coaches out there. The question isn’t who, the question is having the right person pick the right coach. Not the nicest guy, not the guy that makes everyone feel good. The guy that can do the job. It’s not like there’s some shortage of coaches.
It's a question that is often given by those in an abusive relationship.

No way this administration would hire O with his baggage

The very definition of gimmick, smoke and mirr
I think the assessment of our NFL quality players has yet to be told, and the money race is an ongoing battle. You are that confident SU is committed to it? As for me I'm not. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah not exactly a bunch of gold jacket guys but guys who will make some money.

I am, they realize football is 80% of everything.

Also I’m aware that firing Dino would mean 2-3 years of bad football as we rebuilt

But we’ve had 7 years of building teams that can barely get to 5 wins

Two bowl games in 7 years with the record that he has is…..awful
Not necessarily that long a timeline to relevance in the portal era.

A lot of people underestimate the Clemson choke and how it probably destroyed the locker room. He is also responsible for getting the team together and they haven’t played the same since the choke, not the loss, the choke which is what it was.

No one was pro-Dino after 6-0?
I didn’t say that I said there have been a lot of ppl that didn’t change their mind regarding Dino after the 6-0 start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom