What do we do with Dino? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

What do we do with Dino?

Do you think Anae would stay if we promoted White? I really really like White too (not just because of the quantitative improvement in our D) and think this may be the surest way to his success

And do you think White has a guy who can run his D to the level he has?

I remember the biggest disappointment for me with FHCSS was the drop off in his defensive play.

I’m not saying this will happen, just wondering if you think he has a reasonable understudy that he could go to (internal or external)

Man those are great questions……

I think that White would be able to have a solid person come in and take over for him as he moved to HC

As far as Beck, I have no idea how close his relationship is with White. So that’s a big big question mark

My issue is there is a pattern of losing games every November and being totally uncompetitive. Yesterdays game was embarrassing. This is against a team we should have beat on the road last year and this year looks like the varsity playing against a modified team. We looked like little kids playing grown men. This is year seven. I won’t buy the lack of depth excuses anymore. Recruiting has been flat out disgusting with rankings in the 60’s. It really showed yesterday. Someone needs to give Babers some caffeine before the game. I want to see him just once show some emotion and get in the grill of a player after making the same mistakes over and over again. Letting the game end last night with no timeout is a total slap in the face to his players and to the fans who stayed to the bitter end. If this team loses the last two games, Dino should not be coaching a potential post season game. We have lost all the recruiting momentum we had gained. Now what? To wait until 3:02 left in the game to change your quarterback is arrogance at the highest level. I wanted so much for Dino to be successful, but I’m tired of the helpless feeling of watching games when November comes around. I hate to say it, but it’s now time to make a change.
post of the day

Do you think Anae would stay if we promoted White? I really really like White too (not just because of the quantitative improvement in our D) and think this may be the surest way to his success

And do you think White has a guy who can run his D to the level he has?

I remember the biggest disappointment for me with FHCSS was the drop off in his defensive play.

I’m not saying this will happen, just wondering if you think he has a reasonable understudy that he could go to (internal or external)

I think the question to the first question is whether White would want to keep Anae. If he’s the head coach it’s a matter of if White wants him just as much as whether Anae wants to stay. I’d be fine with Anae leaving and letting Beck take over. Young coaching staff, chance to improve recruiting and inject some excitement into the program.

He needs it because our closest starters grew up a 6 hour drive from Cuse.

He doesn't have upstate and regional kids in abundance that the good ole days had. Bring in Lombardi and the problem remains the same.

Ha. Since there's no way to prove this Lombardi theory, it's quite lazy in my opinion.

Let me ask you this. With all of these obstacles/hindrances you've repeatedly stated being the crux of SU's woes, etc., what do you think Jim Mora or someone with an actual track record of success would do here? UConn, with all of its obstacles and constant head winds, lack of resources, etc. is bowl eligible and it's due to the competence and prowess of its head coach.

Obviously, Lombardi isn't ever walking through that door, but there are coaches out there that can have success here, and sustained...warts and all. Especially, with a program that gets such huge benefits ($$$) of being in a P5 conference.

Coaching prowess and competence is what is foremost, IMO, along with the university's full commitment and investment in its infrastructure and resources.

Last edited:
This isn't about Dino anymore. This is about Su and their interest in competing in current football. Does the school want to play the games and cash the checks or be players in the game which will require writing checks. I think SU is happy being 5-7 to 7-5. Cash ACC checks, draw 30-35,000 a game and do enough to act like you care.
Bingo we have a winner!

All last year I wanted to fire Dino, I said the minute the team
Couldn’t make a bowl game this year he should be fired immediately. Shocking thing happened and now we are Bowl eligible. I would be perfectly happy with him getting fired if we lose out, but won’t be spitting mad if he gets one more year because they did make a bowl. Next year the schedule is another bowl or bust season.
We are bowl eligible, but if we lose the rest, what bowl would want us? Oh yea matbe the Pinstripe, but then again maybe not.

We are bowl eligible, but if we lose the rest, what bowl would want us? Oh yea matbe the Pinstripe, but then again maybe not.
Bowls have conference tie-ins and take 6-6 stiffs every year. Fenway will be happy to take us, even if we are a 6 loss in a row dumpster fire.

I hope Dino takes the team to a movie this week.

We dont need a savior but we do need a competent HC with some minimal recruiting abilities.

In year 7, again YEAR 7, you have a P5 D1 team with zero TEs, a backup FB thats a walking penalty and a non D1 player, absolutely the worst collection of Wrs in all of P5 and if not for Orande all of D1, a 2nd straight year with a punter who can't get the ball beyond 30 yards and a team that has to be averaging like 15 penalties a game no hyperbole.

How in the world is moving on now in year 7 considered crazy?
Oh and do not forget no place kicker next year with Smytt gone, whom by the way was not recruited by Dino, just walked on.

Bowls have conference tie-ins and take 6-6 stiffs every year. Fenway will be happy to take us, even if we are a 6 loss in a row dumpster fire.
And yet many years those bowl eligible teams get no bowl invitation. And I did say maybe Pinstripe, I guess Fenway would be similar only not quite as good financially. You are welcome to take my seat at either one.

And yet many years those bowl eligible teams get no bowl invitation. And I did say maybe Pinstripe, I guess Fenway would be similar only not quite as good financially. You are welcome to take my seat at either one.
I’m not saying it’s a hot ticket, I won’t be there either, but you don’t seem to understand. Some bowl game with an ACC bowl tie in has to take us. At most there will be 10 ACC bowl eligible teams and there are at least that many tie-ins. The only 6-6 teams who ever get passed up are G5 teams and even that is very rare with how many slots need to be filled.

going to likely struggle to get to the required ~ 80 bowl teams so were fine.

No way this administration would hire O with his baggage
That’s why we will be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Coach O may have some baggage but he has the ability to bring 4/5 star recruits to Syracuse. Something nobody has ever been able to do.

We can hire any of the flashy offensive coaches but without the recruits we will still get crushed in the ACC. Dino is prime example.

And if it’s not coach O, then hire the best recruiter out there for coach. Without the talent/size we can’t do anything.

Who will hire Dino after he isnt retained by SU and in what role.
Does he end up at camp Bama as an analyst.
I dont see him getting an OC job. Does he become a position coach in the NFL?
My guess is that he ends up in the Mac as a head coach.

Who will hire Dino after he isnt retained by SU and in what role.
Does he end up at camp Bama as an analyst.
I dont see him getting an OC job. Does he become a position coach in the NFL?
My guess is that he ends up in the Mac as a head coach.

I thought USC was calling?

White is going to be someone's head coach in the next couple of years. he gets my vote if we replace Dino. I think Anae took this job to bring Beck along to eventually be the OC. So White, with Beck. I like this combo with a new DC. Also continuity for the players who are here and those who are coming in. This is our future if Dino goes.

White is going to be someone's head coach in the next couple of years. he gets my vote if we replace Dino. I think Anae took this job to bring Beck along to eventually be the OC. So White, with Beck. I like this combo with a new DC. Also continuity for the players who are here and those who are coming in. This is our future if Dino goes.
I don’t really understand the sentiment about hiring White. And you’re not alone, I’ve seen many post about it.

He’s a very good DC, no doubt.

But most are upset about Dino’s “CEO” shortcomings. So the answer is to… hire a guy who’s never been a head coach before?

I like it. The kid at ND is doing well. I think White is a future super star.

It’s not that we lost 4 games…it’s that for 3 out of the 4 we looked like we weren’t even competitive

To not call that timeout to give your team a chance to get a td is a slap in the face to every player on that team.

It’s a huge disrespect to the seniors who gave it their all for the last few years for that coach.

He’s lost the team and there is NO doubt about that.

A change needs to happen

Heck how about not calling a TO and instead running Schmidt out there to kick a rushed 53 yarder with 1 second on the clock. That was great, Good times for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom