What I'm hearing | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like there's not a football board or something.
Well the original post covered both so kind of hard to get away from that little fact. Sometimes things can overlap, but in a perfect scenario you are right this football stuff should be on the football board.

Unlikely, why would he resign at UVA only to a year later take a job at Syracuse?
He apparently was not happy with something at UVA, I thought it was being forced to fire staff, or something of that nature. So why wouldn’t he consider SU? I mean, the SU job is not a good job so he may not consider it but could be something JW would try to pull off

He wasn't Nick Saban when he was here. Didn't really like recruiting. Hard pass. Wish him well. But a very hard pass.
Yeah Marrone is an NFL guy at heart and even there is a nomad of sorts

I believe the AD reached out to Marrone during/shortly after last season.

Now with the hirings of Anae and Beck… I don’t believe the AD has continued to attempt to court Doug.

I’ve since dropped the idea of Doug pt 2 ever happening and thats fine

Now with the hirings of Anae and Beck… I don’t believe the AD has continued to attempt to court Doug.

From what I've heard this appears to be accurate. That said if and when Dino is fired interest levels could definitely change.

From what I've heard this appears to be accurate. That said if and when Dino is fired interest levels could definitely change.
for sure.

What the program told Anae to get him and Beck here has nothing to do with past/continued mutual interest in DM. Imo it tells us nothing other than the Ad’s currently committed to hoping Dino works.

Things are fluid and the most important factor now is the performance of the Orange offense (Dino’s fate) in 2022.

Here's what I think about all of this (if anyone cares).

Football - wouldn't be surprising that we informally contacted Marrone to gauge interest during the season. It's a 2nd AD removed from when he was here, and he was back in college as an OL coach. Maybe around the Louisville or NC State game. Funny thing looking back is we were competitive in 9 straight games before the bottom fell out. But once Anae/Beck became available, that was plan B. And wouldn't surprise me if Bronco's phone number is on the favorites list.

Basketball - I wouldn't trust anything I hear, even though it's probably all being said. I would imagine priority one is to just get some commitment on this transition. It's overdue. So if the AD is saying the things that make it as quiet as possible (replacement from within), so be it. Just get him retired, and then all bets are off. If it is Autry or GMac, that leash will be so short, it might as well be an interim head coach title.

I gather JW is very excited about RA and esp Beck (and the other new coaches). Not sure he loves Dino but likes him.

As far as hoop goes assuming this class has promise I would wager the next guy is on campus. Mike bringing in big classes and losing didn't help.

Wrong

for sure.

What the program told Anae to get him and Beck here has nothing to do with past/continued mutual interest in DM. Imo it tells us nothing other than the Ad’s currently committed to hoping Dino works.

Things are fluid and the most important factor now is the performance of the Orange offense (Dino’s fate) in 2022.

Wrong again

I gather JW is very excited about RA and esp Beck (and the other new coaches). Not sure he loves Dino but likes him.

As far as hoop goes assuming this class has promise I would wager the next guy is on campus. Mike bringing in big classes and losing didn't help.
Many have already reported this…people were much in denial

Here's what I think about all of this (if anyone cares).

Football - wouldn't be surprising that we informally contacted Marrone to gauge interest during the season. It's a 2nd AD removed from when he was here, and he was back in college as an OL coach. Maybe around the Louisville or NC State game. Funny thing looking back is we were competitive in 9 straight games before the bottom fell out. But once Anae/Beck became available, that was plan B. And wouldn't surprise me if Bronco's phone number is on the favorites list.

Basketball - I wouldn't trust anything I hear, even though it's probably all being said. I would imagine priority one is to just get some commitment on this transition. It's overdue. So if the AD is saying the things that make it as quiet as possible (replacement from within), so be it. Just get him retired, and then all bets are off. If it is Autry or GMac, that leash will be so short, it might as well be an interim head coach title.
If it works out with the transition, great.

If it doesn't, we'll know pretty quick.

Either way, there would be hope. Right now, feels like Groundhog's Day the last 8 years.

Hes got one and another in the wings.

Id hope he would keep the Virginia Duo.
I just don’t know, will anae want to be a coordinator still? I guess if Dino loses, and White gets HC then the offense is probably the issue so maybe haha

GMac would need to do that. Might bite us at PSU or Pitt
Why would Gmac *need* to go out on his own? I mean, If he got a HC job, great, he should jump at that opportunity. But if not, he needs to stay for a few years. We’ll need as much stability here as we can get if it’s an in-house hire after JB. Red can still hire a top-flight recruiting assistant for the other position.

The Zone isn't going to work without athletic kids. We finished in the 200s this year. Same coach, same scheme. Wrong players=poor results.
The zone is fine as long as we have the right pieces.
Hilarious that the zone requires athletes yet those same athletes can’t play man… even though mid majors with a roster of gumps can be taught to play it effectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom