When Coach gets introduced today… | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

When Coach gets introduced today…

That’s laugh out loud funny.

^Know the quote was posted earlier but too lazy to just quote that lol
Look, I’d love him to turn it around and go out on top next year. I’m just also realistic that the odds are stacked against him.

I’m also realistic that JW is in an impossible situation.

At the end of the day, I’m happy I was there in person today. I’ll always cheer the guys on no matter what. And if some of those prime season tickets that are empty happen to open up, I’ll take them off someone’s hand. My son and I had a great time in some nice seats today that we
Normally wouldn’t have access to. The dome is always electric to me.

About 8 minutes in JB starts talking about fan support.

2F871711-009C-4D77-BC0F-D9C62B43651B.jpeg
Talk about reading the room incorrectly.

The school will look like idiots for letting JB stick around for another year. It looks like he’s going to pitch to JW that he’s going to “pound the portal” to rebuild the roster for next year. I have severe doubts he’ll be able to do so, but I have no doubt he’s pitching that to JW so he’s not forced out.

If it happens to be his last game, and as Xtreme has pointed out it is really the senior's night and the 2003 players and Gmac and Warrick, do you not really think that there will be a night next season to come and do a proper Coach send off? He may not want the farewell tour, but one game dedicated to him in the next season will surely happen.
If today wasn't a perfect send off I don't know how this could be topped. This is a very deserving send off for a legend.

We're in deep doo doo w/ this guy. He ain't leaving, and the AD lacks the cojones to force the issue.
It's so manipulative of him to do this, but just par for the course.
Angry old man, shouting at clouds, can't let go unless you pry it from his cold, dead hands. Sad

Stop trying to make Gus happen.
Gus wants you to know that it is ok if you call him JB, Jim, Jimmy, The Professor, or J-bone.

The school will look like idiots for letting JB stick around for another year. It looks like he’s going to pitch to JW that he’s going to “pound the portal” to rebuild the roster for next year. I have severe doubts he’ll be able to do so, but I have no doubt he’s pitching that to JW so he’s not forced out.

And JW will bite it, hook, line, and sinker.

Prepare for another year of dropping games to Colgate, Bryant, etc.

It looks like he’s going to pitch to JW that he’s going to “pound the portal” to rebuild the roster for next year. I have severe doubts he’ll be able to do so, but I have no doubt he’s pitching that to JW so he’s not forced out.
Let’s say JB tells JW that he will pound the portal hard and has the pledged cash to get & retain the players he needs. JB will agree to retire after next season. No possible exceptions. JB wants to leave after leading a NCAA team next year so he can feel he left the program in a good place. JW tells JB he will agree only if Syracuse is allowed to announce now that 2023-24 is JB’s last season. Is this scenario possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom