When is it too much ??? | Syracusefan.com

When is it too much ???

anomander

Living Legend
Is anybody else craving any sort of info on the Syracuse football program? Sure there may not be many of us left, but I don’t see how Dino’s closed door policy does anything good for the program, including getting new fans interested. If you think about it how would a young kid who is used to going online and finding any and all information they want be attracted to the program as is? Dino is asking a lot of pure loyalty to expect everybody to come out and pack the Dome when we don’t even get a morsel of information in the off-season. He almost literally expects us to come out for 6 home games and 6 road games a year and that’s it. That’s basically all we see or hear from the program. How is that building success? Besides wanting to operate like he’s in the CIA what are the advantages of shutting everybody out? You would think he would want to respect our fan-ship for hanging in there through some rough decades. You would think he would want to engage potential new fans, but with the iron clad lock on the door and everyone’s mouth I just don’t see how you get there? I don’t think you need coaching ability to say that if I ever had a chance to run a program it would certainly be more fan-friendly.

Am I wrong, or just want a taste of some football?

What football coach, ever, gives out inside information freely?
None, really.

Im starving for it too.

What football coach, ever, gives out inside information freely?
None, really.
Yea, but you have assistants who leak stuff, or at least try to engage. Plus why follow what everyone else does? We aren't like everyone else. Our fan engagement is going the wrong way. We need to fix that. It's not even about giving info, it's about getting out what you want. Look at Eric White. He leaked info and it gave everyone something to talk about on the recruiting board and brought a sense of excitement knowing some of the guys we're going after. Before him look what Marrone did with Neil Kerr. That was great stuff.

Main point is you can engage the fans without giving away grandma's secret sauce.

This site was on fire with conversation every single day during the shafer era ( not that he was the answer to our prayers) but it was alotta fun. In fact that’s when I first started posting here. I use to check in on the site religiously and most of the times I wasn’t even logged in everyone else just kept it going.

I probably only crave football team info because of this board. In the old days when I wasn't on here I wasn't thinking about the football team this time of year. Once the spring game occurred, I didn't think about it again until August.

This site was on fire with conversation every single day during the shafer era ( not that he was the answer to our prayers) but it was alotta fun. In fact that’s when I first started posting here. I use to check in on the site religiously and most of the times I wasn’t even logged in everyone else just kept it going.
It's hard to be invested into something that you never hear anything about. I'll never understand the reasoning for this.

Is anybody else craving any sort of info on the Syracuse football program? Sure there may not be many of us left, but I don’t see how Dino’s closed door policy does anything good for the program, including getting new fans interested. If you think about it how would a young kid who is used to going online and finding any and all information they want be attracted to the program as is? Dino is asking a lot of pure loyalty to expect everybody to come out and pack the Dome when we don’t even get a morsel of information in the off-season. He almost literally expects us to come out for 6 home games and 6 road games a year and that’s it. That’s basically all we see or hear from the program. How is that building success? Besides wanting to operate like he’s in the CIA what are the advantages of shutting everybody out? You would think he would want to respect our fan-ship for hanging in there through some rough decades. You would think he would want to engage potential new fans, but with the iron clad lock on the door and everyone’s mouth I just don’t see how you get there? I don’t think you need coaching ability to say that if I ever had a chance to run a program it would certainly be more fan-friendly.

The ONLY thing to bring in new fans, or bring back former fans, will be winning. No one cares (other than folks with your passion) about the spring or the summer of a perennial losing squad.

We’ll start to see more info as the summer progresses with camp stories in August. We should see some lifting videos soon

It is really terrible. I also follow Michigan and my wife is an Aggie so I pay some attention to both and there is plenty of info about both pumped out constantly. I guess their fan bases are somewhere around 10-50x bigger and there is demand for it but it really blows to have your school be in a major conference and just barely matter. I have a 2 4 7 account to try to get as much info as I can find and there is like an article once or twice a week on the Cuse board and numerous everyday for Michigan and A&M.

Did we get anything after spring practice was over?

It's May...what news are we really expecting? If it's news now it's likely bad news anyway.
Recruiting is in full swing. I get that it's not for everyone, but that's still a big way to leak info on certain key recruits and keep the interest high. This happens everywhere. Even when we were at our worse under Shafer it was still a bit of fun with Eric White leaking recruiting info. You had an idea of the guys we were after.

I force myself not to start getting antsy for football until after July 4th. That's when I buy Phil Steele and start inundating myself with information.

Recruiting is in full swing. I get that it's not for everyone, but that's still a big way to leak info on certain key recruits and keep the interest high. This happens everywhere. Even when we were at our worse under Shafer it was still a bit of fun with Eric White leaking recruiting info. You had an idea of the guys we were after.

Talking about recruits is illegal. If White was leaking info he should have been fired.

Some of the quietness might be attributed to some coaches taking a break to recharge their batteries. I've often wondered what time of the year affords the best opportunity for coaches to take a vacation. Is there an optimal time of year when the demands of the program relax enough to allow coaches to take a full week of vacation with their family? Or do they just grab a day here and there, given the ongoing nature of things. Recruiting in particular seems never-ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom