When it is JB's time to go out to pasture... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When it is JB's time to go out to pasture...

iu

JB did not "decide to stay." Per his agreement with the chancellor, he was leaving at the end of the 2018 season. It was all set for Mike to become the coach. Then, in the 2017 off-season, Mike was offered the job at UWash, and he took it. It was an awkward time to find and hire a new coach.The school did the logical thing and asked their HOF coach to stay on. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Seriously CTO. Is that the whole story?

JB did not "decide to stay." Per his agreement with the chancellor, he was leaving at the end of the 2018 season. It was all set for Mike to become the coach. Then, in the 2017 off-season, Mike was offered the job at UWash, and he took it. It was an awkward time to find and hire a new coach.The school did the logical thing and asked their HOF coach to stay on. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Really?

The only way an assistant on this staff is remotely considered as the replacement is if the program makes a remarkable resurgence in these last few years. Red and The Great Fisherman would be wise to start thinking about their next options a year or two before the end arrives.

Yes I find it annoying when people come on here and say they know something but can’t share it. Either say what it is or don’t tease.

The only way an assistant on this staff is remotely considered as the replacement is if the program makes a remarkable resurgence in these last few years. Red and The Great Fisherman would be wise to start thinking about their next options a year or two before the end arrives.

All JB has to do is pull a Jim Calhoun or Dean Smith and retire abruptly before the season starts. And Boeheim has already said that a “retirement tour” is out.

Some people say I don't post often enough. Then, when I do post, they say it isn't true.

Just two facts:

1) JB made a firm agreement with the school in the wake of the NCAA action in 2015 (when some people were calling for him to be fired) that he would coach for only three more years.

2) Before the end of the 2017 season, plans were well under way to hold "Jim Boeheim Day in Onondaga County" before the start of Jim's final season -- to celebrate his career at SU and his role in the community. These plans were spearheaded by County Exedutive JoanieMahoney. The plans were obviously cancelled when Mike left and Jim was asked to stay.

Maybe I should stop posting again.

Last edited:
Some people say I don't post often enough. Then, when I do post, they say it isn't true.

Just two facts:

1) JB made a firm agreement with the school in the wake of the NCAA action in 2015 (when some people were calling for him to be fired) that he would coach for only three more years.

2) Before the end of the 2017 season, plans were well under way to hold a Jim Boeheim Day in Onondaga County before the start of Jim's final year -- to celebrate his career at SU and his role in the community. These plans were spearheaded by County Exedutive Mahoney. The plans were obviously cancelled when Mike left and Jim was asked to stay.

Maybe I should stop posting again.
Please don't do that. I think I speak for many in feeling that way.

Agreed but for obvious reasons she will most likely and appropriately keep them private.
You need to bone up on your English language skills.
Seems as if you do, moreso than I. You asked if it was the whole story. Then you said she should appropriately keep it private.

So a), why even ask? and b) did you expect her to say No and then drop it?

Done here. You can't even see it anymore.

if Hop keeps winning at UW he will have much better offers coming in than returning to SU. We know our future the next 3 years - whoever in charge after that in picking the replacement will set the tone for the next 5 years. A bad hire and we are a decade out from being relevant and that is not always an easy hole to climb out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom