When Should JB retire?

When should JB retire?

• Retire at end of this season

Votes: 116 69.0%
  • Announce after this season that 2022-23 will be his last

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Sometime between 2024 and 2026, he’s got one last shot

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Ride or die, to death do us part. JB is a lifer.

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Announce it before the Miami game. Have the send off.

Buddy goes to the NBA or transfers to Gonzaga for his final year. Oats gets whatever he wants. Alabama is a job you leave while your stock is at its highest its still Duke football or Kentucky football.

2022/2023

Regenerate season ticket holder interest that may be lost this year barring a turn around in team performance.

Give ADJW time to finalize a real plan. He may have done a good job raising money and putting facilities in place for our football and basketball team, but ADJW has never coached and it shows in how he runs the programs. He needs time to plan.

Announce it before the Miami game. Have the send off.

Buddy goes to the NBA or transfers to Gonzaga for his final year. Oats gets whatever he wants. Alabama is a job you leave while your stock is at its highest its still Duke football or Kentucky football.
I would like the hire, but hes getting top recruits, is top 25, gets big $, and can likely compete for a NC there, all with better weather and lower taxes. It's a different job now, not so sure we could pull him.

He is more powerful than the chancellor or AD. I don't know what else to say. He will retire when he wants to. There no point about talking when it should have happened. It will happen when he decides.

Summer 2016, after his *second* probation. Overachieving Final Four appearance was a great note to go out on.
I’m sure the consensus on this board at the time was that the final four performance was a reason he should stay, not a note to go out on.

Give ADJW time to finalize a real plan.

The plan should be to call Jay Wright and Nate Oats and keep increasing the offer until one of them accepts. There shouldn't be another plan. After years of being a bubble team, we really can't miss on this hire. Got to throw a bag at Oats or Wright until they say YES.

I would like the hire, but hes getting top recruits, is top 25, gets big $, and can likely compete for a NC there, all with better weather and lower taxes. It's a different job now, not so sure we could pull him.
Taxes won’t matter as much when he is pulling over a million more a year

The plan should be to call Jay Wright and Nate Oats and keep increasing the offer until one of them accepts. There shouldn't be another plan. After years of being a bubble team, we really can't miss on this hire. Got to throw a bag at Oats or Wright until they say YES.
Jay Wright is absolutely never going to happen.

Oats is quickly becoming a dream too.

Need to update the shortlist. God I hope theres a short list

Why do people bring up Wright. He is at school he has been at fir 20 years where he was an assistant. He is 60 years old. He has won a title and is consistently good

I was told last yr that wildhack had a tough road ahead - Desko was slipping / Q had his issues / football struggling and JB slipping. He’s really only dealt with Desko and a bit with Q getting the boot. Lots of work to do unfortunately.

Jay Wright is absolutely never going to happen.

Oats is quickly becoming a dream too.

Need to update the shortlist. God I hope theres a short list

I just wouldn't settle my short list would be really short and I wouldn't let that person say NO and I wouldn't let JB have any say.

After next season he should hang it up... Boeheim has earned a full year retirement tour too. Have to land a big hire with previous head coaching experience. I like our assistants but I don't think one of them taking over the reigns would be the best thing for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom