Where is Taurean...? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

We may be fine if he does not play, if fine means a losing season. Chewy is not the answer. We would need a miracle season from Sidibe. This would be a very bad time for us to have another bad season as it might end our recruiting momentum. In addition, a no show would mean that we got stiffed on the use of his scholarship. I don't see how he could do that to his teammates, but anything is possible. We will know in 48 hours.

Bottom line is where else is there for him to be Monday other than the hill?
He does have options of playing for pay overseas or in the G league. However we all remember one short year ago that AWIII didn't arrive until the night before school started. Are people jumping the gun on this?

He does have options of playing for pay overseas or in the G league. However we all remember one short year ago that AWIII didn't arrive until the night before school started. Are people jumping the gun on this?

Regardless of whether he shows or not, he's not been working out with his teammates. That sucks. Add in Thorpe and Dolezaj not showing up until the next few days and it will be hard (once again) for this team to blend well early on.

Bottom line is where else is there for him to be Monday other than the hill?
Your question has no reasonable answer other than 'no'. Except maybe to TT.

Options better served months ago.
It's puzzling but when guys aren't on social media you have to respect their privacy. I figure it might be some family thing (family member sick or maybe he has a baby now) but hopefully whatever it is that he is ready to go on the first day of class.

just cracked open this thread

tenor.gif

Regardless of whether he shows or not, he's not been working out with his teammates. That sucks. Add in Thorpe and Dolezaj not showing up until the next few days and it will be hard (once again) for this team to blend well early on.

Fantastic point. I know there are extenuating circumstances but considering the nuances of the zone and the need to build chemistry, everyone shoulda been here in the summer.

It took too long to figure out the puzzle last year and it cost us. Would be disappointing to see the same issue repeat itself.

Peculiar for sure, but not very surprising imo. It took TT a long time to commit here, even though it appeared SU was a no brainer choice when considering the other main schools on his list, Seton Hall, Providence, etc. Based on his apparent lack of interest to play defense last season, maybe he really just doesn't like our 100% zone, nothing but the zone system, and, deep down wishes he committed elsewhere?

Peculiar for sure, but not very surprising imo. It took TT a long time to commit here, even though it appeared SU was a no brainer choice when considering the other main schools on his list, Seton Hall, Providence, etc. Based on his apparent lack of interest to play defense last season, maybe he really just doesn't like our 100% zone, nothing but the zone system and deep down wishes he committed elsewhere?

May be, but if he can't even stand in the middle and put his hands up, then good luck with m2m. We shall see what happens. I hope he is here, of course. Though, if he is going to begrudgingly be here then never mind. He may want to be a 4, and is annoyed that he is stuck in the middle. Just needs to look at Lydon to see all will be well.

Hilltop

Hilltoppers, Highlanders, Americans, first "formal" nickname was the Yankees. 1000 trivia points to anyone who can come up with a sound theoretical derivation of the term "Yankees".
IIRC the Iroquois pronunciation of the "English" (redcoats) was something like Yang-gay-see and it evolved from there to mean the white men in the new colonies.

Or I'm possibly full of it

May be, but if he can't even stand in the middle and put his hands up, then good luck with m2m. We shall see what happens. I hope he is here, of course. Though, if he is going to begrudgingly be here then never mind. He may want to be a 4, and is annoyed that he is stuck in the middle. Just needs to look at Lydon to see all will be well.

I'd still take him, even begrudgingly, as we are not deep and certainly will need his contributions on offense. After the season, we can tell him to take a hike if he doesn't really want to be here.

I don't want to get into another ad nauseam debate about man to man, but again, these high talent kids have been playing man to man their entire lives (at high level competitions) and are much more familiar/better with it than zone prior to getting to the Hill. Quite mysteriously, once here our guys become a horse of a different color, and, amazingly, not even a one of them can competently play it, not even a smidgen. Our guys not playing man to man here is a 100% JB thing...nothing more.

IIRC the Iroquois pronunciation of the "English" (redcoats) was something like Yang-gay-see and it evolved from there to mean the white men in the new colonies.

Or I'm possibly full of it
Not full of it. You win. This was James Fenimore Coopers' explanation now what are you going to do with your trivia points? Yengese.

Last edited:
Peculiar for sure, but not very surprising imo. It took TT a long time to commit here, even though it appeared SU was a no brainer choice when considering the other main schools on his list, Seton Hall, Providence, etc. Based on his apparent lack of interest to play defense last season, maybe he really just doesn't like our 100% zone, nothing but the zone system, and, deep down wishes he committed elsewhere?
lol what he didn't like was playing defense.

Perhaps I am being naive to believe that common sense will hold and dictate that he will be on campus Monday. It seems Dolezaj is going to be here before him.
Wait a second, I'm just catching up on everything...Dolezaj is still MIA too?

He still isn't on campus? Troubling to say the least. He should have been back for at least the second Summer session. Classes start Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom