Where is Taurean...? | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Not up to me either way, but no release indicates staff is less than pleased with the Hall and TT.

giphy.gif

I think the only way SU takes such a hard stance here is if they have hard evidence of the tampering.

Totally agree. JB has never had an issue with a guy transferring. Now suddenly he's going to be a hard a$$ for no good reason? Me thinks he has a very good reason if in fact they haven't released him. And like others, I'm guessing they haven't if nobody will confirm it.

Last edited:
TT has not been released as of earlier this week, that's why SH has gone silent , this is unlike any other transfer situation we have dealt with in the past, Seton Hall tampered, Holloway will be in big trouble, as is Willard......the evidence is on their cell phone records and I believe the NCAA has already been notified by SU, if a kid wants to leave - no problem, but don't string us along to the 1st day of class and work behind the scenes with Pirates

SH is a dump, they got away with Whitehead, they will go down ... eventually

I do not feel bad for TT, yes his mother controls everything, at some point you grow up and make your own choice

Hmm weird since Ralph Willard, Kevin's father, was an assistant years ago at SU. They both are very close to Rick Pitino.

The way Mike writes, " For now, TT is enrolled at Seton Hall," is ominous, and I see many different possibilities on the table. Very strange situation indeed.
Why puzzling? Mom wants an advisory position at the Hall...that's all.

Last edited:
It's over though, sometimes its better to just move on. Just from a PR standpoint, unless we can prove tampering, I would recommend just moving on. Do we want to look like Pitt did when they wouldn't release their player to UNC. They got excoriated in the national media. The court of public opinion has shifted in the direction of giving kids a wide birth in transferring. Jay Bilas wrote a lengthy article talking about this very subject like two weeks ago. The NCAA is setting up a committee to look into the subject. Does Syracuse want to be a case study in these discussions?

It shouldn't be too hard to prove. The kid was enrolled and attending classes and its sounds like we hadn't granted him permission. Seems like the kind of case that proves itself.

As a program you have to stand up for your rights. You let scumbag programs like Seton Hall walk on you and everyone will do it. This only polices itself when you call the violators on their violations.

Taurean is now listed as a member of Seton Hall's basketball team and is shown as #33 in the Team Picture.

Is this situation now over?

Did Syracuse formally released Taurean or is there any formal claims of Seton Hall tampering posted by Syracuse to NCAA?

Taurean is now listed as a member of Seton Hall's basketball team and is shown as #33 in the Team Picture.

Is this situation now over?

Did Syracuse formally released Taurean or is there any formal claims of Seton Hall tampering posted by Syracuse to NCAA?
Man, I am not gonna lie, this makes me very angry. Perhaps, he was homesick and there was nothing shady about this transfer, but I seriously doubt it. Reading the crap that SH is putting out, comes off to me as total spin. I also shouldn't feel this way, but, I am angry at the kid for letting his mom push him away from the school he most wanted to be at. Kid was gonna play a lot this year, and we could have really used him. Shame.

Man, I am not gonna lie, this makes me very angry. Perhaps, he was homesick and there was nothing shady about this transfer, but I seriously doubt it. Reading the crap that SH is putting out, comes off to me as total spin. I also shouldn't feel this way, but, I am angry at the kid for letting his mom push him away from the school he most wanted to be at. Kid was gonna play a lot this year, and we could have really used him. Shame.

Very disappointed we let shu get away with this.

Yeah, it is a real shame that SU let SHU get away with this. I am actually shocked that SU let Thompson'smom and Taurean get away with this.

Was told Boeheim released him, but not to Seton Hall. Will be interesting to see what transpires.
Very specific rules had to be followed. Count me as a skeptic that any of this was done by TT or Thug U.
Legislative Services Database - LSDBi

Tampering (a contact violation) won't prevent TT from transferring. Even without a release he can still transfer but he has to wait a year before he can obtain a scholarship. And of course SH would be subject to discipline if they violated an NCAA contact rule.

What if my current school does not provide a permission-to-contact letter? If your current school does not provide the permission-to-contact letter, your new school cannot contact you. You may still transfer to your new school, but you will not be eligible for an athletics scholarship until you have attended your new school for one academic year.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18_Transfer_Guide_4_Year_20170721.pdf

Last edited:
Very disappointed we let shu get away with this.

I am also. It seems like JB almost always does whatever is best for the kids when it comes to transfer situations, but there are rules for a reason and wrong is wrong.

Very specific rules had to be followed. Count me as a skeptic that any of this was done by TT or Thug U.
Legislative Services Database - LSDBi

Tampering (a contact violation) won't prevent TT from transferring. Even without a release he can still transfer but he has to wait a year before he can obtain a scholarship. And of course SH would be subject to discipline if they violated an NCAA contact rule.

What if my current school does not provide a permission-to-contact letter? If your current school does not provide the permission-to-contact letter, your new school cannot contact you. You may still transfer to your new school, but you will not be eligible for an athletics scholarship until you have attended your new school for one academic year.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18_Transfer_Guide_4_Year_20170721.pdf

Sounds like he can transfer without a release but still have to sit out a year. Now SH may have an issue as far as contact...but it doesn't sound like an eligibility issue...

His mother is a complete moron. It's too bad for him.
I hope SH self-reported any contact violation. You never know when an anonymous package will arrive at the NCAA COE. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom