While Dodd is an idiot | Syracusefan.com

While Dodd is an idiot

GoSU96

Living Legend
crying about timing and agendas are missing the truth, which is once the NCAA decided to nose around, there's plenty to look at with Team Drama.

My feeling, I have no way of knowing one way or another, is that we are pretty clean recruiting.

I think whatever issues there are stem from the way JB runs the program. My impression of his attitude is that he's the baskeball coach, not the babysitter, they are adults, and his expectation regarding their behavior, and how they should be treated, is the same as any other student on campus.

I think the problem with that attitude is that they are the closest thing to rock stars in this community and have many more opportunities to get treated as such, and that leads to trouble. They have many more temptations and opportunites to get sideways than most students. And that is nothing new with the program. I think it also gives the kids mixed signals regarding academics and some kinds determine that no matter what he will stay "eligible".

Is this program out of control, I don't know, but the NCAA is going to try to work up a case of lack of institutional control if they can.

I do not believe we will get out of this without some slap on the wrist. Not sure what it will be but i do not think it will be major. What i have heard to date doesnt come from the group or individual who is in the know and i doubt based on the issue i will hear anything prior to it being in the news. Still this program has known that it is under a microscope for a very long time so no surprise. A bit of a witch hunt if you ask me.

Sorry, but no. Unless there are substantiated claims, named sources, or actual evidence is presented ... the timing is pretty much everything this story is about.
He's crying about us crying.

I think most will be OK with some punishment but a post season ban would be a disaster, this place will melt down to epic proportions.

It was so much more interesting when Deshaun was knocking up Preston's girlfriend, and McCroskey was throwing chairs at JB after games. It was also much further from the NCAA's radar.

Sigh.. I never thought I'd miss those days.

glass half full wishful thinking here

say there's some petty douche at the NCAA who is upset that SU isn't going to get punished as much as the douche wants. maybe the leak is the douche's response. try to sabotage them this year as part of the unofficial punishment you think SU deserves

glass half full wishful thinking here

say there's some petty douche at the NCAA who is upset that SU isn't going to get punished as much as the douche wants. maybe the leak is the douche's response. try to sabotage them this year as part of the unofficial punishment you think SU deserves
I think it's pretty clear that if the NCAA tournament wasn't beginning today, the story would not have been released yesterday... so, obviously there was a douche involved at some point in this process. Regardless of who they are or with what intentions, there clearly was an agenda beyond reporting the news. Whether that douche has a SU vendetta or just going for the cheap fame/press by exploiting the timing ... there is nothing about yesterday that was coincidental.

I think it's pretty clear that if the NCAA tournament wasn't beginning today, the story would not have been released yesterday... so, obviously there was a douche involved at some point in this process. Regardless of who they are or with what intentions, there clearly was an agenda beyond reporting the news. Whether that douche has a SU vendetta or just going for the cheap fame/press by exploiting the timing ... there is nothing about yesterday that was coincidental.
Leaky douches always smell fishy to me

Of course the timing is intentional, with the tourney coming up it's very topical, but that doesn't change the underlying risk that the program is facing.

I'm not sure how much fame/press an unnamed source is trying to get, but if that helps you sleep better, have at it.

I'll decide what punishment, if any, seems appropriate to me, when we hear what this is really about and what actually happened. In 1992, everything was vetted head of time by the newspaper and we knew what to think about it. Now we get crappy articles like this one and people what to know what we think or tell us what to think. I'll do my thinking later.

I'll decide what punishment, if any, seems appropriate to me, when we hear what this is really about and what actually happened. In 1992, everything was vetted head of time by the newspaper and we knew what to think about it. Now we get crappy articles like this one and people what to know what we think or tell us what to think. I'll do my thinking later.

Huh?

Not sure what any of that has to do with my post.

Sorry, but no. Unless there are substantiated claims, named sources, or actual evidence is presented ... the timing is pretty much everything this story is about.
I mean a writer has to do what he has to do to get a Pulitzer.

Huh?

Not sure what any of that has to do with my post.

It's not a response to your post, Just my feeling on the subject. I have no problem with what you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom