Who thinks we Can and Will turn it around | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who thinks we Can and Will turn it around

Defensively I think we can certainly get back to being the team we were earlier in the year especially defending the 3. Offensively I am not so sure, from a shooting standpoint this team looks shot. Outside of CJ and Tyler (both to a certain extent) even wide open looks for the other guys I have no confidence they will make it. Cooney and Silent G both had some good looks last night that werent even close.

Defense is the key. Our defense in the second half against UVA (48 points) and all game against GT was awful. GT shot 47% from the field last night! We are not going to win too many games in that instance, even had our offense been clicking. I was relatively stunned by GT's (a poor team) overall offensive execution last night...color man, Bonner, eluded to this several times throughout the broadcast. GT had a ton of open looks from the perimeter, layups, dunks, etc. It was like Pitino or Calhoun drew up the game plan for GT, not to mention one of their team's executing it!

As JB stated last night in his presser, Cooney has been struggling for sometime now, hopefully, he gets on track in the tourneys..."we've no other options." We have struggled all year on the offensive end, there isn't going to be some miraculous turn around there. What I hope for, is that we get just enough offense to eek out those W's again come tourney time...where our defense gets back to form in saving the day...

Every pre season my feelings are if you make the Sweet 16 the season was a success.
So can we make Sweet 16? I think so.

Of course I am in. I thought we were going to win the title in 2007 and we made the NIT.

If you are not then What are we watching for? If we dont hey life goes on and its golf season.

This means NOTHING coming from the man who would watch two teams of fish play basketball if they had hands and could attend college.

I want answers from a real Cuse fan!

If it means Grant and Ennis return next year then I kind of don't want us to. Both will get alot better over the offseason.

I'm skeptical at this point but I think it's better for my overall sanity. If we were heading into the tournament as an overall number 1 with one or two losses I would be absolutely devastated with a second round exit. At this point I'll be ecstatic with an elite 8 appearance which is certainly possible if get back to where we were in January.

Of course we can turn it around. The team is full of TALENT. But will we?

It's been a long downwards trend. Anything is possible in March, because so many factors are involved. We've seen it all, too. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (?).

One positive: No more home games!! I don't think there is any debate now. This team and teams of late play better on the road. They are sharper and play with more of a sense of urgency. @Pitt, @Duke, @Arkansas, and neutral sites in recent memory are games where they look good and alive even though there was a loss or two.

UNC looked dead in the water earlier this season. Turnarounds happen.

The problem is they looked dead in the water in dec and jan, its very hard to turn things around when you are playing this poorly in March.

Every pre season my feelings are if you make the Sweet 16 the season was a success.
So can we make Sweet 16? I think so.

Agree 100%. Yes, we can make it to the second weekend. Depending on our health and match ups, I think we can make it even further.

... execution last night...color man, Bonner, eluded to this several times throughout the broadcast.

Kinda OT, but I really liked the announcers last night for as long as I paid attention to the game. They were decent and informative without being over the top.

Kinda OT, but I really liked the announcers last night for as long as I paid attention to the game. They were decent and informative without being over the top.

And they knew, what we all know, we just couldn't put the ball in the hoop for a good portion of the game, and when we did, we couldn't get stops.

I posted this in another thread but does anybody know what UNC has done to turn it around? I admit I have only see them play a couple of times so I can't really say. Please no "they are making shots" answers because that is too simplified and a bunch of malarkey. I mean schematically? They still don't shoot well from 3 and FT shooting is bad still. I looked at some box scores like vs Florida St/Duke/ND. Awful free throw shooting and 3 point shooting but it looks like they are getting points in the paint somehow. They aren't even attempting many 3s but are still brick city. I mean teams must be daring them to shoot deep, no? Is it that they still have superior talent? I personally think Paige/McAdoo/Tokoto/McDonald can create off the bounce more for themselves or others better than the combined efforts of our top guys. Discuss?

I'm IN!! For a turn around that is!!! Can definitely be done. Only need a slight turn. We aren't even that far off. If we made free throws last night, for example, we would have won.
Need Grant back, Keita closer to 100%, and Roberson to develop a little more. I know JB threw him under the bus, but I don't think he did bad for his first start and the position he was in. Some more could click quickly for him, and he could be helpful going forward. I think he started very strong, and then was winded from his lack of playing time.

Like all of us I am emotionally invested in this team and have been so for many years. At times it seems that the scars from the periodic disappointments in preformance can obliterate the euphoria from the sustained high level performances in recent years. It's only natural to take the good times for granted but to remember each and every psychic slap in the face that the team & JB delivers.

This season started out too good to be true. I was sucked in to thinking that we were every bit as good (or better) than our record indicated. I willfully ignored the warning signs our low scoring come from behind wins provided. After all, the BC loss was our one What loss of the season! Now that the team is in a performance death spiral what "right thinking" person can have any belief that the team can turn it around?

Well, no one every accused me of being "right thinking"! I have faith in the team & JB. Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to. I refuse to pack it in and give up on them. I may be in store for a boatload more heartbreak and agita this year but for me hope springs eternal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom