Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024?

I agree, unless the program implodes he will be back next year for a variety of reasons with the buyout and being bowl eligible the top 2.

I get 2020 was somewhat of an outlier, covid, injuries etc but if your going that route can't your argue the same for 2018?

Take out 2020 and this is still a perennial 4-8/5-7 team. Even this year it took 2-3 absurd penalties in the Purdue and UVA game or we would be 4-6 right now. Just seems like bringing him back will put us right back where we always end up, decent start, injuries pile up, offense falls apart, Team is a mess by Novemer, wash rinse repeat.

2018 our team health was better and every team we played wasn't in a quarantine.

UNC dropped a pass to win a game, and Clemson (and Pitt) we know as well. That stuff sort of evens out.

How the health of this team constantly falls apart in such spectacular fashion is something I'd like to know more about.

Short of finishing 6-7, Dino will be back next year.
Ideally, Anae & Beck get some more time. I'm sure they have a contract for next year as is.
7-5 next year (possibly 8-5) and he'll stay a bit longer.

If things go 6-7 and JW has someone else lined up (cough, Mullen, cough) then I would not be completely surprised to see a change.

Let's beat BCU and punt this down the road another year...

IMO making a change after Bowl season is a mistake. If we are willing to fire him for 6-7, we should for 6-6. By the time the Bowl is over the potential pool of replacements will have dwindled.

If that’s considered our best recruiter, it isn’t saying much. Five players in seven years. Great recruiters have 3-4 get drafted every year.
Ultimately the buck stops with the HC. If we are winning and making bowls every year he would be getting more and more people. And most teams only have 3-4 people drafted a year

Here are some thoughts on the next head coach.

If we go the assistant coach route White needs to be the choice. What he has done at Syracuse is nothing short of amazing. Even this year with all of the injuries he has kept us in every game with the exception of yesterday. He has head coach written all over him and personally he would be my choice as we know his side of the ball is solid.

If we go the head coach route, there are a few guys that might be able to step up to our level.

Rahone at ODU is solid. Not having a good year but he has excellent east coast connections. OC and QB coach at Penn State. His recruiting territory is perfect for us. He is my last choice.

Next up Chadwell at Coastal. Excellent coach but no east coast connections.

Clark at App state. Very solid and I like his Oline background. I think he will make some team a great head coach but he most likely isn't a fit for Cuse.

The next three are my choices. C. B. A.

C: Niumatalolo Navy. Great coach. Obviously is able to coach kids up and runs an amazing program. Because of Navy he has ties all over the country. Plus, the kids get to keep Ohana.

B. Joe Moorhead. Great coach 49 or 50 and he would crush it at SU. Guy has a fantastic O background can recruit and would most likely stay at Cuse the rest of his coaching days.

A. Mullen. I just think he has what it takes to energize recruits and the community. There would be a buzz with him and in my opinion, he brings us back and quickly.

My three top picks plus coach White if we keep it in house. Anyone of these four would take the job and we wouldn't have to break the bank. Keeping Dino shouldn't happen beyond next year unless he hits a homerun and agrees to an incentive-based deal.

JW is in good shape. The University has shown it is committed to Football and the ACC is in a solid third position and not going anyplace.

I want Dino to finish strong and I'd like to see him retain key players and add what is needed to have a good 23. I just don't think after all of these years that he deserves any more breaks. He needs to perform and perform now. He is out of runway. Time for him to perform or be let go.
Not saying I wouldn’t want him and/or it would be the same at SU, but I remember reading one of the primary reasons Mullen was fired from Florida was to due to his (lack of) recruiting

Because hiring a coach in January is a recipe for disaster. Or don’t you remember 2005?

You acting like an historic collapse wouldn't be a disaster

Because hiring a coach in January is a recipe for disaster. Or don’t you remember 2005?
That and hiring the assistant trope

If they did get rid of Dino, you gotta redo it all. The team can’t go halfway there. It’s a full rebuild imo.

I want a guy coming in w a new way of doing things. If they finish 6-7 is that something you want to retain parts of???

(Prefaced w the notion that I don’t want Dino fired or think he will be)

That and hiring the assistant trope

If they did get rid of Dino, you gotta redo it all. The team can’t go halfway there. It’s a full rebuild imo.

I want a guy coming in w a new way of doing things. If they finish 6-7 is that something you want to retain parts of???

(Prefaced w the notion that I don’t want Dino fired or think he will be)
The 335 is doing great. The key is to keep that and find a way to fix the offense

Not saying I wouldn’t want him and/or it would be the same at SU, but I remember reading one of the primary reasons Mullen was fired from Florida was to due to his (lack of) recruiting

Recruiting expectations at Florida are a lot different than here.

I don't have any names but I think we need to go full slimeball, sleazy, snake-oil salesman recruiter. It hasn't been tried yet. I'm just sayin'.
Anyone got Petrinos number?

It’s not even that.

Recruit a few really good ones, keep nailing disenfranchised SEC FR and be able to mail the right two/three stars for depth and development.
So more of what we've been doing?

I don't know who the new coach should be. All I know is that I can't believe we are going to finish 6-7. As another poster said earlier, this is the most Syracuse Football thing of all time. Just mind boggling.

It’s not just about talent. Although that is lacking significantly as seen with depth issues. For every gem found, they recruit a lot of guys with MAC only offers. They are last in the ACC in recruiting almost every year. With a better coach they might be able to make up for the lack of talent. Unfortunately, DB isn’t a good coach.

If ‘Cuse wants to compete for ACC championships, hell just compete for a bowl game every year, then they need to cut their losses & pay big money for a big time coach who can recruit and better fund recruiting.

Honestly, the money situation isn’t bad and they are middle of the pack in almost every metric, but they fall short in recruit spending.

^This one is a few years old and Im sure Syracuse has spent more money each year.

And if anyone dares point out that we sign a lot of guys with mainly non p5 offers, and maybe that's an indicator that the recruiting is sub par, we are usually scolded, and told that it means nothing. Yet we continue to win 5 games a year...hmmm.

I don't know who the new coach should be. All I know is that I can't believe we are going to finish 6-7. As another poster said earlier, this is the most Syracuse Football thing of all time. Just mind boggling.
This is like the third time we are going to lose out after a big win. 2017 when we beat clemson to be 4-4 and then lose 4 straight

Short of finishing 6-7, Dino will be back next year.
Ideally, Anae & Beck get some more time. I'm sure they have a contract for next year as is.
7-5 next year (possibly 8-5) and he'll stay a bit longer.

If things go 6-7 and JW has someone else lined up (cough, Mullen, cough) then I would not be completely surprised to see a change.

Let's beat BCU and punt this down the road another year...
Should we beat Wake as well or no?

Should we beat Wake as well or no?
Would be nice, but unlikely.
Hopefully, they find a way to win.

As I indicated in another thread, Schrader needs to be 90+% otherwise CDRW should start. Shrader wasn’t for FSU nor ND. If he can’t run then the offense is ineffective.

Would be nice, but unlikely.
Hopefully, they find a way to win.

As I indicated in another thread, Schrader needs to be 90+% otherwise CDRW should start. Shrader wasn’t for FSU nor ND. If he can’t run then the offense is ineffective.
Where’s Captain Morgan?

You guys know we’re not 6-7 yet right? Like I get the pessimism but we are actually 6-4.
It truly feels like 1994 season after the bc game where they moved the ball 50 yards against mamula

They did come back to beat Maryland that year and missed the bowl because 7-4 wasn’t eligible.

We need more help this year because Kevin Mason was an iron man apparently vs Shrader.