Why do we even play UConn? | Syracusefan.com

Why do we even play UConn?

Agreed. We’re a major program and national brand.

Schedule another heavyweight from another league. Kentucky. Kansas. Michigan. Establish MSG as ours, edge out these former rival ankle-biters, and bring in someone major for a MSG one-off.

How about a UCLA series - MSG one year and Staples Center the next? Think bigger. Screw the old Big East clowns waxing nostalgic about the glory days. The hell do we care? Move on.

Eh, we should beat them...with Frank we likely beat them. It's rather unfortunate he's out. :(

Agreed. We’re a major program and national brand.

Schedule another heavyweight from another league. Kentucky. Kansas. Michigan. Establish MSG as ours, edge out these former rival ankle-biters, and bring in someone major for a MSG one-off.

How about a UCLA series - MSG one year and Staples Center the next? Think bigger. Screw the old Big East clowns waxing nostalgic about the glory days. The hell do we care? Move on.

Couldn't agree more.

We did beat them for Carey...

Yes but we don't contend for top NYC talent consistently, good with the prep schools in NE, a lot of quality NJ products but I don't really want to get into all the whiffs, especially on NYC bigs, as of late.

not trying to throw water on this discussion but UConn has 4 national championships in the last 20 years. Yes they struggled the past two years but my guess is we are going to be recruiting against more frequently going forward.

The Boneyard is on cloud 9

They should be. That’s fine.

Not sure it will get a lot better for them than this though.

This is what they are now. Curious to see if they actually support their program by going to games if they have that Atlantic 10 level of 20-10, 11 seed type of ball. The old days of being a borderline top 5 program sure aren’t coming back.

not trying to throw water on this discussion but UConn has 4 national championships in the last 20 years. Yes they struggled the past two years but my guess is we are going to be recruiting against more frequently going forward.

Lol.

If you can’t see how the landscape has changed for them since 1999 or 2004...

They’re best bet is to be like an Xavier. Or 90’s Temple. Like an A-10 power that can knock off most anyone and make the tourney and win a game or two. And that’s fine. That’s a really solid basketball program. I’ve got a ton of respect for Xavier and the old Chaney Temple.

They’re not going to be 90’s-to the end Big East era UConn again though. And there’s a huge difference between what they can be at best and what they were.

He has a point. A very good one, IMO

We should beat UCONN. That’s the damn point.

Playing UConn at MSG makes for a better TV event and in-stadium draw.

Asking that question after this game is crybaby stuff. We would have lost to a helluva lot of schools tonight.

Maybe you want to cue up why do we play Georgetown ahead of the curve as well?

Sorry for the amount of passion behind this. Pissed we lost and I think it is a silly thread that ain’t the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom