Wildhack Decision Time | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Decision Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to call for his job as I have at other points in the season, as I realize it’s an over reaction and an emotional one. But what I will say is that this loss is on him, he didn’t have the team conditioned and ready. He should feel bad about that.

We don’t score 3 points with TD in the game.
I was at the game there 2 years ago that was over in the first quarter. TD but up 30+. Some of it garbage time but we couldn’t even get garbage time points today. WRs we’re just as terrible.

Devito got every chance under the sun but he’s still looking for a new team. If he did the right thing and stayed as backup we still lose but I think he hits a couple throws coming in down big.

I was at the game there 2 years ago that was over in the first quarter. TD but up 30+. Some of it garbage time but we couldn’t even get garbage time points today. WRs we’re just as terrible.

Devito got every chance under the sun but he’s still looking for a new team. If he did the right thing and stayed as backup we still lose but I think he hits a couple throws coming in down big.
Throws to who? The WR's were completely MIA today.

Possibly, I don’t disagree with that but I think the pressure would have gotten to him before he had a chance to make some nice throws. And yes, the WR’s are a big issue regardless of who’s playing QB. I also think the offensive playcalling this game didn’t do enough to try to make some easy throws even if they were only for a few yards.

Dino will be back because SU won't spend the $$ to make a move but it's clear a change is needed at the top. In year 6 of the Babers era the team has no passing QB, a WR core that is Robinson era bad and that's being kind, a coach who still doesn't understand clock management and A Defense that couldn't slow down Utica College if it was playing on the road. 1 winning season in six years and zero playmaker at QB or WR recruited besides a few transfers. At this point people who want Dino back just don't want to face reality or admit that he isn't the answer. 2018 is long gone, if this was Rutgers the board would be laughing their ass off.

Dino could have at least called a final timeout to give Tuck a crack at 100 yards, I don’t care how tacky it would have been.

Dino will be back because SU won't spend the $$ to make a move but it's clear a change is needed at the top. In year 6 of the Babers era the team has no passing QB, a WR core that is Robinson era bad and that's being kind, a coach who still doesn't understand clock management and A Defense that couldn't slow down Utica College if it was playing on the road. 1 winning season in six years and zero playmaker at QB or WR recruited besides a few transfers. At this point people who want Dino back just don't want to face reality or admit that he isn't the answer. 2018 is long gone, if this was Rutgers the board would be laughing their ass off.
You mean end of P era WRs. GRob got WRs. He was left with crap. Heck even the year before we had to move Gregory over because we had no one. Or you can say Marrone recruiting bad. That works too.

Dino will probably be retained but he absolutely should be fired if we don't make a bowl game, which I can say with a fair amount of confidence we will not. Dino is not consistently good, he once again had a team coming off a bye not prepared for the game and he is an offensive minded coach who just put up 3 points against a middle of the road ACC team. He is a consistent loser, and this University will find away to give him another year, and next years schedule is considerably more difficult IMO.

He’ll be back.

People will spend the off-season claiming that we haven’t been deeper at QB since the 90s, that we finally have ACC athletes, that the star system is garbage, that the kid we got in the portal is a monster (my sister’s friend’s former roommate knows a guy on the staff!), that the season preview write up on that website is so bad, that CNY sucks for not supporting this program, and…

We’ll probably go 5-7 again.

Whatever.

You mean end of P era WRs. GRob got WRs. He was left with crap. Heck even the year before we had to move Gregory over because we had no one. Or you can say Marrone recruiting bad. That works too.
Marrone had Alec Lemon, Jerrod West and Marcus Sales. All would be great on this team. Or was Marcus Sales a grob recruit? I forget…

He’ll be back.

People will spend the off-season claiming that we haven’t been deeper at QB since the 90s, that we finally have ACC athletes, that the star system is garbage, that the kid we got in the portal is a monster (my sister’s friend’s former roommate knows a guy on the staff!), that the season preview write up on that website is so bad, that CNY sucks for not supporting this program, and…

We’ll probably go 5-7 again.

Whatever.
Bingo.

Marrone had Alec Lemon, Jerrod West and Marcus Sales. All would be great on this team. Or was Marcus Sales a grob recruit? I forget…
Both Sales and Lemon were GRob. Marrone only got West in his 4 years here.

Simple. I’m surprised that none of you good fans have hit on it yet. The reason we lost so badly today was due to its’ being Lamar Jackson Day. Case closed.

He doesn't fire a women's soccer coach that won the same number of ACC games that I did this year.
Basically, gives us the "death penalty" in recruiting, by not hiring a women's basketball coach over the course of a calendar year.
By not hiring a new Women's Head Coach, lost 2022-2023, and possibly 2024 recruiting for the Women's Basketball team. His time as AD has not been impressive, the problems in lacrosse, women's basketball, should have not happened.

I’m going to make a bold prediction, screenshot it if you like; we lose on the road to NC State and then win at home against Pitt.
I fear the Pitt QB is gonna carve us up in ways we have never imagined

I fear the Pitt QB is gonna carve us up in ways we have never imagined

Nah that guy is super overrated we have seen him plenty.

I think we play well next 2 games. Lots of concerns about pulling each game out.

I mean how do we have this QB and never run QB sneaks or even just a dive if the D isn't allowed to reset. If GS that limited mentally that we can't ever run a play quickly with him?

By not hiring a new Women's Head Coach, lost 2022-2023, and possibly 2024 recruiting for the Women's Basketball team. His time as AD has not been impressive, the problems in lacrosse, women's basketball, should have not happened.

If Tucker doesn't wear 44 he goes down as our worst AD all time and way worse than Dr Darryl.

lol

Gross got us into the ACC.

What is Wildhack's #1 accomplishment?

I'm obviously not judging the guy until we see who he picks to succeed JB (even though if JB has another big season or two hes probably going to be the one choosing his successor) but Tucker needs to wear the number.

Leaving 34 and 16 in the game in the 4th quarter to get hurt is the equivalent of football malpractice. They are our only hope of winning a game to get to a bowl and Dino tempts fate leaving them in behind that porous OL. What is in his head?
Isn't that one of the major reasons Shafer got canned for leaving in Dungey in an unwinnable game and he got hurt. Why in gods name would you not give Abdul Adams some carries? There is no rhyme or reason to Babers in game coaching decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom