Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday

Not only was this said, but when a reporter asked if donations could help recruiting the current class, the answer was yes.
The reporter didn’t ask that. He asked if it could be done quickly enough for next year and he said yes.

We are losing now because he hasn’t continued on that trajectory.
Yes, where he= Dino Babers, with 5 out of 6 losing seasons, which isonly acceptable where... wait for it... there are LOW EXPECTATIONS.

Exceptionally low, in fact. Like early Cutcliffe Duke low, and that's about it.

Isn't that what I said? What am I missing?

You said the reporter asked if donations could help with the current class.

You said the reporter asked if donations could help with the current class.
If he didn't literally say "current class" that was clearly what the question implied. Can the money that's being solicited now help with the recruits that will be on campus in 2022? The answer was yes.

If he didn't literally say "current class" that was clearly what the question implied. Can the money that's being solicited now help with the recruits that will be on campus in 2022? The answer was yes.

That’s if you assume he’s talking money. I’m not there yet. And he didn’t mention class. He only said next year.

And a lot of our alums are working training hs kids, and also college kids during break (portal, hello?). We have at least 2 here in AZ that I know of personally who do this. We need to build on our former players.

Also as to donating? It may not have been the best time to bring it up, but tomorrow is giving Tuesday, so it may have been a "get ready" the phone calls are coming your way.

And as far as tin cup donating? I am a HUGE proponent of that. Many feel that their donations are not important enough. ALL donations are important. Any amount. If someone can only give $5, then the $5 is important, because one day when life is going good that $5 is $50 and $500 and so on. Also small donations help us in college rankings in places like US News and World report. I was just having this conversation with someone who went to Northwestern and Harvard Law, and she said they have been a big fan of the $5 donation for years. They add up and teach the habit of giving to a particular institution.
Our football (and other athletic) alums have been pretty dismal at getting their own progeny to attend SU.

Why wouldn't I assume that when the question was about donations?

Read my other posts so I don’t have to repeat it all.

Our football (and other athletic) alums have been pretty dismal at getting their own progeny to attend SU.
That’s a goofy expectation re: such a giant life/business decision.

Read my other posts so I don’t have to repeat it all.
I did, and you're interpreting JW's comments to mean something non-financial. But the answer he gave was specifically in response to a question about donations.

I did, and you're interpreting JW's comments to mean something non-financial. But the answer he gave was specifically in response to a question about donations.
The word donations was not used. Doesn’t matter anyways. Peace.

Yes, you’re reading too much into it.
You don’t fire assistants, and then fire the HC.
Therefore, HCDB will continue to be HC for the foreseeable future.
Unless that HC already knows he gone.

Unless that HC already knows he gone.
No because it would be the new HC’s job to evaluate the existing assistants and decide if any should stay. Cart then horse.

There is a reason for that. I personally know some who sent their kids to other programs. We can do better in this department also.

“I want to invest in our recruiting”

He’s asking for $$$$
I wonder if he's making a trip to Bain Capital to see Steve Barnes. We need to lean on our money manager overlords. There's a few in Boston who could write 7 digit checks for sure in the money management world.

I’ll play devils advocate here and say that, in fact, ADJW is dissatisfied with Dinos performance and is ready to move on behind booster money, and that the search is on.

One can dream!
My question is then, is Wildhack capable of that task. He has been a poor AD overall in my opinion{lacrosse and Womens Bball fiascos]. He is basically a business administrator with practically no experience in athletics or coaching. Therefore may not be the best at deciding when to make a change or where to go when that change is made. Lack of familiarity may contribute to his maintaing the status quo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom