Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

There is soooo much wrong here.

Kids are absolutely safer in school, where everybody is 100% masked, drunk people aren’t screaming and yelling and eating and drinking for 3.5 hours straight, packed like sardines in the concourses and bathrooms.

We have a poster here who’s on his 2nd case of Covid, even though he was vaccinated after the first one.

no risk of transmission there, at all! :rolleyes:

We're going off in the weeds here but I respectfully disagree. The Dome is spacious especially with the 25K they'll be lucky to have show up. It won't be packed like sardines. I have some school experience...kids barely wear their masks (properly) when they are anywhere but the classroom. Hallways are tight, kids are basically on top of each other. Morning bell there’s 700 kids pouring into a middle school masks optional at that point. There's no social distancing. Some teachers are not vaxed. High risk sports banned last year for the same age group but not this year.

What does your 2nd covid vaccination comment mean other than vaccinations are not foolproof ???

scariest place I’ve been to date (a few weeks ago) was a packed Walmart in Tennessee and I mean packed like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Nobody was wearing a mask except for me. Maybe everyone in there was Vaxxed lol, but still I made the choice and walked out of the store. Same thing for those worried about the Dome.

Last edited:
Spot on. And it’s not the university’s responsibility to prevent fans in the stands from getting Covid. They’ve put out a guideline for mask wearing - not a mandate. Everyone attending the game knows the risks. So no, they won’t be refunding anyone’s season tickets because people aren’t wearing masks. One of the craziest things I’ve read on this board.

its not a guideline. It’s a policy.

its not a guideline. It’s a policy.
Well then I think that loops us back to the previous conversation from yesterday - if they aren’t going to enforce it, then it’s a guideline, not a policy. Policies are meant to be enforced and strictly adhered to. From the news conference yesterday, it sounds more like a guideline.

FWIW, I agree with you on the vagueness aspect of it. I’m fully vaxxed and this “policy” doesn’t affect me negatively in any way. But they can’t call it a policy if they aren’t actively enforcing it. The clear bag thing is a policy that’s enforced. The proof of vaccination is a policy that will be enforced. The mask thing inside is not.

Well be a disaster if get my kid tested today and results aren’t in for Saturday actually be a joke and partly on the university because I’m doing everything they want
Your asking the board if you will have them back in time? You should probably double check with the facility and explain the situation to determine if the turnaround time is feasible.

Well be a disaster if get my kid tested today and results aren’t in for Saturday actually be a joke and partly on the university because I’m doing everything they want

Not to be that guy but its not on the University. Its' been known for a while now that kids under 12 would need a negative test (was required for fan fest). Getting a test is surely not easy and I dont necessarily agree with the rule but it is what it is for this year.

its not different at all, because there are also crowded hallways and lunchrooms and bathrooms and locker rooms. etc. Kids will be wearing their masks in the Dome like good little soldiers.
my point went right over your head. kids can be told what to do and generally will comply and in classroom a teacher can watch a class . Adults much harder in an arena and more likely wont catch everybody with not enough ushers

Mike Curtis uses the word guideline all throughout his article about Sala's presser comments. I don't care to comment on whether or not he's using the right word, just pointing it out.

unless they changed it in the last hour it’s required per their website in multiple places, on Ticketmaster when you buy a ticket to the game and in multiple emails to STH including one received this morning at 7am. Curtis is wrong.

7D63B0CD-AFAC-4D50-81C8-E51D8518C4C2.png

i didnt get any email today from the school

probably intentional.

It’s from Syracuse athletics but the from line says Dome Box Office.

Well then I think that loops us back to the previous conversation from yesterday - if they aren’t going to enforce it, then it’s a guideline, not a policy. Policies are meant to be enforced and strictly adhered to. From the news conference yesterday, it sounds more like a guideline.

FWIW, I agree with you on the vagueness aspect of it. I’m fully vaxxed and this “policy” doesn’t affect me negatively in any way. But they can’t call it a policy if they aren’t actively enforcing it. The clear bag thing is a policy that’s enforced. The proof of vaccination is a policy that will be enforced. The mask thing inside is not.

that was my point yesterday. If it’s a policy then enforce it. If it’s not don’t call it one. It’s ok to strongly recommend it or make it a guideline.

Not to be that guy but its not on the University. Its' been known for a while now that kids under 12 would need a negative test (was required for fan fest). Getting a test is surely not easy and I dont necessarily agree with the rule but it is what it is for this year.
Can kids get the antigen test do you know for backup if results are in by late Friday night?

unless they changed it in the last hour it’s required per their website in multiple places, on Ticketmaster when you buy a ticket to the game and in multiple emails to STH including one received this morning at 7am. Curtis is wrong.

View attachment 205845

See, I would get a couple things of nachos and just slow roll them into my mouth. See how absurd that "policy" is?

Can kids get the antigen test do you know for backup if results are in by late Friday night?

I don't believe they will accept the Antigen test. There are a couple of facilities locally that can do a test and get it back within a reasonable timeframe. I believe a few of the urgent care centers and Golisano children hospital.

A caring culture works together for the greater good.
We don’t have that now and yet for our society to flourish: that’s exactly what we need.

We need to let go of the greed of “it’s all about me and transform that to it’s all about me and we!

Only time will tell if the fear of change is greater than the love of living!

Wildhack sat down this morning with Steve Infanti to clarify some of the presser yesterday. It will air at 1:15 on espn Syracuse. I don’t think it’s dome protocol related but we’ll see

Last edited:
Wildhack sat down this morning with Steve Infanti to clarify some of the presser yesterday. It will air at 1:15 on espn Syracuse. I don’t think it’s dome protocol related but we’ll see

wonder if it’s about his sidestepping every hillsman question. Or maybe both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom