Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

This is the correct answer. Without arguing whether it's my moral obligation to keep someone safe, the fact that many have decided against getting the vaccine should end anyone's moral obligation to do so. I know people who have flat out refused to get it (and you'd be surprised the political side of the fence they stand on), and have stated they will not get it. Ok, then don't expect me to "keep you safe". That's not my responsibility.
Spot on. And it’s not the university’s responsibility to prevent fans in the stands from getting Covid. They’ve put out a guideline for mask wearing - not a mandate. Everyone attending the game knows the risks. So no, they won’t be refunding anyone’s season tickets because people aren’t wearing masks. One of the craziest things I’ve read on this board.

IF the school said vaccine only get in - curious what everyone thinks the attendance would be?
I read this morning that United’s vax policy has resulted in more than half of the unvaccinated employees getting vaccinated to keep jobs. Sadly, most of the studies show that forced policies like that are the best way of getting people to get shots. We do it with lots of other vaccines as well.

I am sure some fans would refuse but how many would just cave too? If it’s the same 50-50 split, it would probably be worth it as it would encourage others who don’t want to go to attend. Would never work in the south but Northeast would be place to try it.

IF the school said vaccine only get in - curious what everyone thinks the attendance would be?

Tough to tell. That would mean zero kids under 12, which could also mean you lose the parent attendance.

I would bet the majority of those 12+ who attend on Saturday are fully vaccinated. It could also be that several unvaxxed who want to go may have gone out to get their first shot this week, as that does provide some protection. I would assume nearly all who do get the first dose will continue onto the second.

Taking my son to get tested today after school , could not do yesterday with work and evening activities … will I have my results before say Saturday at noon? I’d be so freaking mad if didn’t have it back by then and a devastated son

Your asking the board if you will have them back in time? You should probably double check with the facility and explain the situation to determine if the turnaround time is feasible.

Tough to tell. That would mean zero kids under 12, which could also mean you lose the parent attendance.

I would bet the majority of those 12+ who attend on Saturday are fully vaccinated. It could also be that several unvaxxed who want to go may have gone out to get their first shot this week, as that does provide some protection. I would assume nearly all who do get the first dose will continue onto the second.
kids are getting vaxed at 50% across the country. Might be higher though in a crowd where the level is also skewing higher, but who knows what this crowd vax level will be.

I’m terrible at trying to analyze all this but I’m trying to find a similar situation to compare it to. Hella Mega Tour in Hershey, PA. 30,000 (ish) people in one space. Very few (almost no) masks. It was outdoors however we had a weather situation which forced us to pack people in the indoor areas for safety for about 30-45min. Per the CDC exposure is 15 min close contact. They hit that mark and then some. There was an increase of new cases after that event, however, it is increasing in all counties and looking at the chart it seems to be on par with the entire state based on county populations and all that. So, from my terrible covid analytical skills it didn’t look like that event itself caused any sort of local spike, that the rise in cases seems to be going along with the current “normal” trajectory.

No clue if this means anything, just was curious myself.

I’m not trying to be rude or a pain…but…if you’re that worried and think it’s such an issue…we shouldn’t have fans at all in the stands…attending a sporting event is 100% optional.

We aren’t having this issue 2 years out because people aren’t making “sacrifices”

People made sacrifices for the last year and half. The goal was to allow the hospitals to get to a manageable level. Not to eradicate COVID. COVID is an upper respiratory virus. Meaning it will constantly mutate and will likely be here forever.

We have gotten hospitalizations at a very manageable level due to vaccinations and also previous infections.

When places such as the Dome have mask mandates and then say they “won’t enforce it”…it’s very much all for theater for people who are still very concerned about Covid.

There is a reason why with cases rising you aren’t seeing any new restrictions or anything of that sort…..we have gotten COVID to a manageable level in the Northeast due to vaccinations.

Once again, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe…wear it. But in a crowd of 20-30k, wearing a mask for me isn’t what’s going to make me feel safe. The vaccine that I got, that’s what is going to make me feel safe…

And honestly at this point, I’m sick of worrying about people who didn’t get the vaccine….a majority of them have had the choice to get vaccinated and if they haven’t…that’s on them. I’m done protecting them, they’ve made the choice to not get the vaccine and risk getting a worse infection of COVID.
the kids who arent eligible are the people id worry about but their adult parents who bring them made a choice and have to live with it and except the consequences

the kids who arent eligible are the people id worry about but their adult parents who bring them made a choice and have to live with it and except the consequences

Yes I would worry about that too, however, if I was a parent in that situation…I probably wouldn’t attend the game out of abundance of caution

Your asking the board if you will have them back in time? You should probably double check with the facility and explain the situation to determine if the turnaround time is feasible.
i know when i had to get a covid test back in early march from possible exposure at the gym i did the test wednesday am and got the results at 5pm the same day. Mine was a saliva test though

Yes I would worry about that too, however, if I was a parent in that situation…I probably wouldn’t attend the game out of abundance of caution
yea your completely right thugh the time to protect the adults who havent gotten the vaccine is over since 1 is fully approved and a second one likely will be in the next month and then probably a third a little bit later. Just like at this point if your vaxed you have no reason to get tested without symptoms and known exposure and at least in tmpkins county you dont have to quarantine just get tested 3-5 days after the date and monitor symptoms

I think the best thing people can have with this is patience. It will probably be bumpy the first game or so and then hopefully get better each game in terms of experience and getting feedback and improving.

Nothing will be perfect.

I would also wager people will be more patient and accommodating when we are winning. Sean Tucker for Heisman, baby.

kids are safer in the dome than they are in their elementary school classrooms today. Parents make the choice to send them to school everyday. And if you're worrying about them carrying and transmitting then you shouldn't go.

People who've already had covid (including kids) won't be a threat so you can narrow the worrying down to people who are unvaxed and haven't had covid yet. I'd guess that's a small number of people to actually worry about.

I’m not trying to be rude or a pain…but…if you’re that worried and think it’s such an issue…we shouldn’t have fans at all in the stands…attending a sporting event is 100% optional.

We aren’t having this issue 2 years out because people aren’t making “sacrifices”

People made sacrifices for the last year and half. The goal was to allow the hospitals to get to a manageable level. Not to eradicate COVID. COVID is an upper respiratory virus. Meaning it will constantly mutate and will likely be here forever.

We have gotten hospitalizations at a very manageable level due to vaccinations and also previous infections.

When places such as the Dome have mask mandates and then say they “won’t enforce it”…it’s very much all for theater for people who are still very concerned about Covid.

There is a reason why with cases rising you aren’t seeing any new restrictions or anything of that sort…..we have gotten COVID to a manageable level in the Northeast due to vaccinations.

Once again, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe…wear it. But in a crowd of 20-30k, wearing a mask for me isn’t what’s going to make me feel safe. The vaccine that I got, that’s what is going to make me feel safe…

And honestly at this point, I’m sick of worrying about people who didn’t get the vaccine….a majority of them have had the choice to get vaccinated and if they haven’t…that’s on them. I’m done protecting them, they’ve made the choice to not get the vaccine and risk getting a worse infection of COVID.
Bravo. Well said.

kids are safer in the dome than they are in their elementary school classrooms today. Parents send them to school everyday. And if you're worrying about them carrying and transmitting then you shouldn't go.

People who've already had covid (including kids) won't be a threat so you can narrow the worrying down to people who are unvaxed and haven't had covid yet. I'd guess that's a small number of people to actually worry about.
in a classroom of 50 or less people easier to enforce wearing masks and kids have to listen to teachers so its different

kids are getting vaxed at 50% across the country. Might be higher though in a crowd where the level is also skewing higher, but who knows what this crowd vax level will be.

But kids under 12 cannot yet get vaccinated (at least I don't think they can). So that's the segment that would be lost, along with any parents who just want to go with their kids or can't get a babysitter.

in a classroom of 50 or less people easier to enforce wearing masks and kids have to listen to teachers so its different

its not different at all, because there are also crowded hallways and lunchrooms and bathrooms and locker rooms. etc. Kids will be wearing their masks in the Dome like good little soldiers.

I've really got to tell you -- I could not care less what any of you have to say about any of this.

I've really got to tell you -- I could not care less what any of you have to say about any of this.

Interesting take.

I enjoy reading what people say that have the opposite opinion of me.

It’s personally how I learn and understand. Sometimes points are brought up that you didn’t think of, even if you don’t agree.

Thanks for your input tho

kids are safer in the dome than they are in their elementary school classrooms today. Parents make the choice to send them to school everyday. And if you're worrying about them carrying and transmitting then you shouldn't go.

There is soooo much wrong here.

Kids are absolutely safer in school, where everybody is 100% masked, drunk people aren’t screaming and yelling and eating and drinking for 3.5 hours straight, packed like sardines in the concourses and bathrooms.

We have a poster here who’s on his 2nd case of Covid, even though he was vaccinated after the first one.

no risk of transmission there, at all! :rolleyes:

Taking my son to get tested today after school , could not do yesterday with work and evening activities … will I have my results before say Saturday at noon? I’d be so freaking mad if didn’t have it back by then and a devastated son

Rapid test? They should give it to you within 24 hours.

For anyone in the Rochester area planning on going to a game
Go to this Urgent Care in Webster, test is for asymptomatic. Those traveling, attending events, etc. Results in 24 hours.

Interesting take.

I enjoy reading what people say that have the opposite opinion of me.

It’s personally how I learn and understand. Sometimes points are brought up that you didn’t think of, even if you don’t agree.

Thanks for your input tho
I'm not taking any side, here. And I agree with what you said, in as much as it pertains to Syracuse sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom